Listening to HARD CANDY tonight. It's SOOOOO Good

boy skeffington

Wow. I'm listening to this tonight in full on my Itouch and it is so good. Doesn't feel almost a year old. I really only think DEVIL will be dated in a few years, the rest is pretty timeless.

GIVE IT 2 ME, HEARTBEAT and MILES AWAY

as well as

SHE'S NOT ME, INCREDIBLE and BEAT GOES ON -

These are both 3 of the strongest triples song stretches in her entire career.

If you haven't listened to it in awhile, give it a spin and rediscover it. I'm loving 4 MINUTES again.

if the songs were produced by unknown producers and sounded the same you would have liked them. you have what you have with Timbaland/Timberlake company let's face it. ;)

could be...but the T/T sound is so famous already, that sometimes you don´t know whose´s album you are listening to...I think it happens only or especially with T/T songs.I guess it was the same with Neil Rodgers and LAV, but neil is a better producer than Timbaland...

Guest Danny86
but neil is a better producer than Timbaland...

Considering he made Madonna sing over music that sounded MJ/Jacksons rip off, I disagree. :p

Considering he made Madonna sing over music that sounded MJ/Jacksons rip off, I disagree. :p

:lol: forget about today´s jacksons: he was considered a great musician back in the day, with his solo work (They still play don´t stop till you get enough before some concerts that I´ve been to, and people get crazy!!!) or with his brothers (Blame it on the boogie, Can you feel it...some great songs there)

^omg, i m sorry to hear that.

HC is a very favourite album of mine. It is pure Madonna. I love most of it. Favourites are Candyshop (it dates great or its the tour), TBGO, Devil, Spanish Lesson, Give It To Me... So many great and fun songs... I cannot decide my very favourite. Deffinately an undeservingly underated lp.

^omg, i m sorry to hear that.

HC is a very favourite album of mine. It is pure Madonna. I love most of it. Favourites are Candyshop (it dates great or its the tour), TBGO, Devil, Spanish Lesson, Give It To Me... So many great and fun songs... I cannot decide my very favourite. Deffinately an undeservingly underated lp.

Thanks

I love Candy Shop the most and think it would have made a great lead single for the album

Haven't played it in a while but when I did used to listen to it regularly, I'd always start with G12M - I don't mind Candy Shop but 4 Minutes always spoils the flow for me - the song would have been better as the closer. I love Incredible but she ruins the track by fucking up the ending.

Haven't played it in a while but when I did used to listen to it regularly, I'd always start with G12M - I don't mind Candy Shop but 4 Minutes always spoils the flow for me - the song would have been better as the closer. I love Incredible but she ruins the track by fucking up the ending.

I totally agree.

Guest confessedit

I absolutely love this album. I feel that it's full of Madonna energy. I love that alot of it is raw. I would like to see her work with P.Williams more.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

Her worst album.

Still has it's moments. But it just didn't feel like it was her in control of this album. Obv she was, but it came across as a generic hip-hop bitch + all the standard "featuring" s etc.

Rubbish compared to her run of excellence for the last 20+ years. Excluding maybe Music.

couldn't agree more. Incredible was ok, but she murdered the song's ending. she repeats "incredible!!! let's finish what we started!!" like a million times and it forces me to press the "next" button.

about the whole album, Music remains my least favorite album. Hard Candy is very generic and sounds very rushed. but it's not a bad record at all. it's just that the album could've been a lot better.

I still listen to it in the car a lot.. I'm all about Candy Shop and Miles Away...

I lost my best friend of 25yrs when 4 Minutes first came out so it really haunts me to listen to Hard Candy.. I feel like she's on the other side listening to it.. She loved Madonna

Check her out Jabe Babe

sad story indeed. i am sorry to hear this :(

sad story indeed. i am sorry to hear this :(

Thanks for the kind words.. actually this is the first time I've ever talked about it online cos it hasn't even been a year yet and I've been so devastated about it.. but I can't listen to Hard Candy without thinking about how much she would have loved it and I can feel her presence.. the first time I heard Miles Away I cried a lot.

Jabe Babe Wikipedia

A Heightened Life - review

I love HARD CANDY. It's in my top 5 favorite Madonna albums and takes me back to when I became a fan of hers in the 80s...before her sound became pretentious and weird. It's explosive on a stereo with loud, bass booming speakers. I think the album has 'Madonna' all over it. She has writing credits on every song. How could it not? Really who cares if Tim/Pharrall have produced others and if HC may have a passing similarity to other things they've done. What does it matter? When did it become law that Madonna always had to go left?

I love HARD CANDY. It's in my top 5 favorite Madonna albums and takes me back to when I became a fan of hers in the 80s...before her sound became pretentious and weird. It's explosive on a stereo with loud, bass booming speakers. I think the album has 'Madonna' all over it. She has writing credits on every song. How could it not? Really who cares if Tim/Pharrall have produced others and if HC may have a passing similarity to other things they've done. What does it matter? When did it become law that Madonna always had to go left?

I agree with everything you said except the part about her "pretentious and weird" music. Some of that music is my favorite of her career...lol But I understand what you are trying to say and I know many who share your same opinion. My best friend for example is primarily a fan of Madonna's music all the way up to 1990 or so really (although she likes some BS tracks) but when Madonna released ROL she completely lost her and with HC it's the first time she has come around to Madonna's new music in a long time. I know a few people like that, who haven't enjoyed anything the past 10 years or so but warmed up nicely to HC.

Sorry boys......not EVERYBODY likes techno/electro/folktronica and "weird" experimental music EVERY TIME SHE RELEASES SOMETHING. Some just want some straight up pop sometimes and that's what HC is. Moreso than any of her albums since TB IMO. And after 15+ years of being "to the left" in her musical tastes, she more than earned the right to make a straight up, unapologetic pop album. Some of her newer, younger fans that have hopped on board within the last 10 years or so seem to have this thing that Madonna MUST make something that sounds completely different than everybody else every time. I can't help but giggle a bit when I read fans who hope Madonna releases some folk/gypsy album next time around....as I have read before on here...lol. Understandable, that's the Madonna they fell in love with. But for fans like us that have been around a while, HC is more of a "back to the roots" kind of album. The fact is, before Erotica she typically made some of the best quality pop music out there, but none of it was particularly groundbreaking or different. It was the whole "Madonna package" that was different than the others. And let's be real.....even on HC there are still songs that have that latter day Madonna "weird" feel to them. How many pop tarts would pull off a SNM or Voices?

its a fantastic album, i was listening to it a few days ago

i forgot how enjoyable and good the album was

i always tend to put candy shop on repeat

I love the album from start to finish. I think it has some of the best vocals of her career, and "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Voices" make for the best one-two punch of closing tracks ever!

The only disappointment or me is the album cover, which I find to be the worst of her career.

^ I agree that the album cover is very tacky & was a mistake. In fact, I'm not crazy about the album title "Hard Candy".

I really wish they had went with the boxing/champion theme for the cover and insert. They should have gave it a TRIUMPHANT theme. Last album with Warners, getting inducted into the R&RHOF, etc.

But the album itself is great.

Edited by hesser

Thanks for the kind words.. actually this is the first time I've ever talked about it online cos it hasn't even been a year yet and I've been so devastated about it.. but I can't listen to Hard Candy without thinking about how much she would have loved it and I can feel her presence.. the first time I heard Miles Away I cried a lot.

Jabe Babe Wikipedia

A Heightened Life - review

I know what you mean. I also lost my best girlfriend's mother in november 1996 and when I hear You Must Love Me there's no exception to not think about this.And this year it will happen live also with the S&S Tour and I am sure I will cry a little.