Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Their press release is like saying "due to HUGE success, we are cancelling 2 shows"!

"Due to unprecedented demand by fans and some logistical scheduling issues..." It's clear that the problem is that they can't do three shows in a row in different cities.

Well, thank God this news are released today because all the press will go crazy about the adoption bid failure and nobody will care about these 2 shows canceled.

Yeh apart from the people that were meant to be going to the cancelled shows. Idiot! :thumbsdown:

"Due to unprecedented demand by fans and some logistical scheduling issues..." It's clear that the problem is that they can't do three shows in a row in different cities.

They could just find another date or something!! So many fans have purchased airplane tickets and booked hotels right now!

At least, say something on the press release!! Say it! We cancelled 2 shows! They just mentioned the word 'changes'! Changes due to extraordinary success!

She should just do shows in Japan and Australia and everyone will forget the failures in these two cities.

Well that would be asking too much of the poor little dear wouldn't it and that awfully long plane trip :dramatic: Madonna will just keep touring Europe and all of Africa a thousand times before coming down here again haha

Guest KoreanMadonna
The truth is that Madonna sells only ca. 18.000 tickets in Hamburg.

:thumbsdown:

AUF RADIOHAMBURG.DE:

+++++++++

Schlechte Nachricht für alle Madonna-Fans: Das Konzert des Radio Hamburg Mega-Stars in Hamburg ist abgesagt. Madonna sollte am 28. Juli in der Trab-Arena Bahrenfeld auftreten.

Offiziell heißt es: Der Gig findet aus logistischen Gründen nicht statt, da ein in Oslo geplantes Konzert auf diesen Tag verlegt werden muss. Wie Radio Hamburg allerdings schon vor Wochen berichtet hat, soll der Vorverkauf für das Konzert aufgrund der horrenden Ticketpreise sehr schlecht gelaufen sein, so dass eine Absage für Insider nicht überraschend kommt. Nach unseren Informationen sind nicht einmal 15.000 Karten abgesetzt worden. Wer schon Tickets gekauft hat, bekommt das Geld bei den jeweiligen Vorverkaufsstellen zurück.

+++++++++

you cancel a show due to poor sales days or maximum weeks before the concert not 3 months before when there is plenty of time to buy tickets. so this reason is unreliable. ;)

Guest Danny86

The tour section of Madonna.com gives pathetic explanation:

Due to the recent addition of the July 9th show in Paris, the previously scheduled performance for July 8th in Manchester has been cancelled. Refunds can be made at the point of purchase.

There is no change to the July 7th show at Manchester's MEN Arena show.

As a result of the Oslo date change, the Sticky & Sweet tour will miss out on Hamburg this year. Madonna fans in Germany will still have the opportunity to see their superstar at the only German concert on August 18th at Munich Olympic Stadium. Tickets purchased for the July 28th concert previously scheduled for Bahrenfeld Horse Racing Trace will be fully refunded at the relevant box offices.

As already announced, due to overwhelming demand, a 2nd and final performance in Oslo was confirmed. However, due to logistical and scheduling changes, the Madonna's Sticky & Sweet performance previously schedule for 29-July will be moved to 28-July. Fans should keep their tickets as all July 29th tickets will be honoured at the July 28th event.

There is no change to the July 30th performance concert.

As if they didn't know the scheduling conflicts right away when they added the new dates. :lmao:

I'm not sure if the reason was low ticket sales or the lack of time to set up the stage.

I have heard that sometimes artists cancel a show for low ticket sales well in advance to avoid certain costs and penalties you have to pay the venue or the promoter if you cancel at the last minute.

Artists hardly ever admit a show is cancelled for low ticket sales even when that's the truth, but make up some other excuse.

I do have mixed feelings about this tour extension. It seemed like a good idea at first, but now with the recession and the fact that most people in Europe who wanted to see it already saw it on the first leg. Air travel isn't that expensive in Europe so people can travel fairly easily to see stuff.

I do sort of feel she should have moved on from the tour since HC wasn't one of her best received albums. Or if she did continue it, going to Australia or Asia might have been a better choice.

Guest FrozenLight

If anything it's the Paris show that should be cancelled since it was added way after Manchester went on sale. I really don't see the sense of doing one show in Manchester and then moving her stage and crew to another counrty which obviously cost a lot of money and then do one show in Paris. They should have sticked to the 2 back to back shows in Manchester and nothing in Paris. As far as the Hamburg show is concerned it was pretty much a no brainer that the 3 back to back to back were going to cause a problem. I don't know why her German shows always cost a good 30-40 euros more than say her Amsterdam shows. The German economy is not doing that well and I dont think it helps much that her average price ticket in Germany is about 110-120 euros. There is no question that her Hamburg show wasn't selling well. It shows by the simple fact that Live Nation has never released any sales ticket information about any of her German shows. I would think the Munich show is doing better since it's not far from the west side of Austria and the north side of Switzerland which would allow people to attend if they wanted to). Seriously I much prefer the old way tickets for stadiums were sold....nowadays they are having 5 or 6 different tickets categories for stadiums!! I mean does it really make much of a difference if someone is 200 meters away instead of 240 meters!! Like one ticket would cost 120 euros and the other one would be 65 euros!! It should be a price for general standing admission and a price for seated seat as simple as that...on a first come, first served basis. Anyways, I feel bad for people who made hotel and travel arrangements.

Hamburg was a flop. FACT.

Cuz she's shooting her load all at once.

soldout or not, France & Germany should have been given a rest this time around.

... Anyways, I feel bad for people who made hotel and travel arrangements.

The cancellations come month before the scheduled date. If you have made "normal" reservations it´s no problem to cancel them free of charge. If you have booked a "hot deal" kind of arrangement, that´s a different story. But there is always the risk of getting sick and being unable to travel. In this case you wouldn´t get a reimbursement too if you don´t have an insurance that covers cases of sickness.

There are rumors on other fansites that more shows maybe cancelled. Live Nation are really screwing things up, booking 2 shows in Germany when the 2 last year

didn't sell out. 2 shows in Manchester was ill thought out as well. Seriously she was never going to be able to do 3 shows in a row in 2 different cities. Live Nation

knew this when they added Paris. They couldn't give a shit about her fans. I am starting to loose respect for her. TEAM MADONNA need a FUCKING reality check.

I'm not sure this is Madonna'a fault. But I think Live Nation isn't handling this too well. Didn't they come up with the idea of this tour extension in Europe? They seemed focused only on touring and not on her albums. I do worry how this will alll work when she releases her first album with them. I don't believe they have really released records with a major artist before but just did tours. So this is all new territory for them.

Hamburg was a flop. FACT.

Cuz she's shooting her load all at once.

soldout or not, France & Germany should have been given a rest this time around.

lol Europe should have been given a rest this time around

And for the fans having to get refunds or feeling dissapointed, meh - you probabley saw the show last year and if you didn't you blew your chance

booking 2 shows in Germany when the 2 last year didn't sell out.

Ummm...

9 Madonna, Robyn Olympiastadion

Berlin, Germany

Aug. 28, 2008

$6,048,086

47,368 / 47,368

1 / 1

$242.34, $88.12

Live Nation Global Touring

10 Madonna, Robyn Commerzbank-Arena

Frankfurt, Germany

Sept. 9, 2008

$6,020,706

39,543 / 39,543

1 / 1

$311.48, $84.95

lol Europe should have been given a rest this time around

And for the fans having to get refunds or feeling dissapointed, meh - you probabley saw the show last year and if you didn't you blew your chance

:lmao::lmao: well done!

Ummm...

9 Madonna, Robyn Olympiastadion

Berlin, Germany

Aug. 28, 2008

$6,048,086

47,368 / 47,368

1 / 1

$242.34, $88.12

10 Madonna, Robyn Commerzbank-Arena

Frankfurt, Germany

Sept. 9, 2008

$6,020,706

39,543 / 39,543

1 / 1

$311.48, $84.95

She sold 47,000 tickets in Berlin in a Stadium that seats around 70,000 and thats without people standing - http://stadiums.football.co.uk/Germany/Oly...dion-Berlin.htm.

Same for Frankfurt 39,000 tickets sold for a stadium holdiing 53,000 including standing http://www.theworldcupingermany.com/artman...ticle_299.shtml

In comparison U2 have sold almost 70,000 tickets at the Berlin Olympiastadion. Robbie Williams sold out 2 nights at the same venue at full capacity.

Her ticket prices are too high, demand isn't there. Its sheer greed and its backfired on her.

AUF RADIOHAMBURG.DE:

+++++++++

Schlechte Nachricht für alle Madonna-Fans: Das Konzert des Radio Hamburg Mega-Stars in Hamburg ist abgesagt. Madonna sollte am 28. Juli in der Trab-Arena Bahrenfeld auftreten.

Offiziell heißt es: Der Gig findet aus logistischen Gründen nicht statt, da ein in Oslo geplantes Konzert auf diesen Tag verlegt werden muss. Wie Radio Hamburg allerdings schon vor Wochen berichtet hat, soll der Vorverkauf für das Konzert aufgrund der horrenden Ticketpreise sehr schlecht gelaufen sein, so dass eine Absage für Insider nicht überraschend kommt. Nach unseren Informationen sind nicht einmal 15.000 Karten abgesetzt worden. Wer schon Tickets gekauft hat, bekommt das Geld bei den jeweiligen Vorverkaufsstellen zurück.

+++++++++

Does anyone else in here speak German? I think that says 15,000 tickets were NOT sold yet, not 15,000 WERE sold.

CORRECTION: I ran it through 3 different German to English translators. NOT EVEN 15,000 tickets have been sold. YIKES!

Not sure how true it is but is been posted by somone on Tribe about Hamburg ticket sales. There is a 25 page thread on there about the cancelled shows.

Germany is in a major recession at the moment, I guess people weren't willing to shell out big bucks. I wonder how many tickets were sold for the 2nd

Manchester date?

Hopefully this should teach Team Madonna and Live Nation a Lesson - drop your ticket prices, there is worldwide recession and a lot of people are hurting right now.

Guest FrozenLight
She sold 47,000 tickets in Berlin in a Stadium that seats around 70,000 and thats without people standing - http://stadiums.football.co.uk/Germany/Oly...dion-Berlin.htm.

Same for Frankfurt 39,000 tickets sold for a stadium holdiing 53,000 including standing http://www.theworldcupingermany.com/artman...ticle_299.shtml

In comparison U2 have sold almost 70,000 tickets at the Berlin Olympiastadion. Robbie Williams sold out 2 nights at the same venue at full capacity.

Her ticket prices are too high, demand isn't there. Its sheer greed and its backfired on her.

I agree with you on that. The Berlin, Duesseldorf and Frankfurt situations clearly showed that they sold-out at much lower capacity than what would be expected. I don't care that it showed "sold out" on paper, the bottom line is the higher the price the more difficult it is to sell out a huge venue...If say the tickets were between 45 and 75 euros she would have sold 70K in Berlin and 55K in Frankfurt. I mean the same think applies to U2....if say most of there stadium gigs were to cost 120 euros they sure as hell wouldn't sell-out 2 back to back shows in stadiums in most cities...But Live Nation was smart with them...they put out very reasonable prices and even non fans would then consider atending their show. In the case of Madonna, I know some people who would have been interested to go but refuse to pay that amount of money for a pop concert. I mean on her US dates it seems like half the arena was prices at $350 a seat!! I know huge fans of Madonna will always just defend her and say no one forced you to go and that her price is what it is. Sure, but on the other hand these sort of prices may very well backfire on her especially since she will need to tour another 3 times within the next 10 years. See what happened to the Rolling Stones last tour in Europe...sure they made lots of money but almost all of their European dates sold at about 70% capacity. Look at Madonna's date at Wembley last year....if her tickets were sold at 45 to 65 pounds a piece she could have sold out 2 or 3 dates at Wembley. But instead many of the back seats were going for 110 and front seats at 175!! Anyways to each their own but let's not pretend that Hamburg was cancelled due to logistical reasons. It was cancelled because sales were very poor (15K for a major superstar is nothing when Phil Collins in his hey days, Michael Jackson, Robbie Williams, U2 and even Depeche Mode on this year's tour are selling/sold way more tix than her. And I would be rather worried if she can't sell-out 2 shows in Manchester....I mean it is Manchester after all....second biggest city in the UK!!

It seems Live Nation tested the market when she toured with Drowned World Tour (which I have no doubt could have been 3 times bigger had she decided to tour for a long time) but in between those years, the tours have lost their momentum so it's important to balance reality with demand. Have her tour stadiums, put out reasonable prices and she will always be able to sell-out most places. Have her tour stadiums with very high prices and you will see that the capacity will be reduced from it's full capacity.

I say she is better off doing stadium shows are charging anywhe

Hopefully this should teach Team Madonna and Live Nation a Lesson - drop your ticket prices, there is worldwide recession and a lot of people are hurting right now.

yes, and I hope she goes back to arenas instead of stadiums