Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

^ I've read that too; don't know about Mike's dad connection, but I do know that right now it's up to the sponsor; which is one of the cellular companies - "Orange". Who knew they'll come a time when a cellular company would get to decide whether a music concert will get to take place or not…

I don't know why Mike is talking about Tel Aviv though. The supposed venue is in Ramat Gan (city near by), as I said, the place Depeche Mode played there last night. Of course, it could change.

I'll wait till its official. The 4 last times it seemed pretty certain and then the negotiation fell through the last minute.

Well, maybe he's just saying Tel Aviv because it's the largest major city in that area. Ramat Gan looks kind of like a satellite city of Tel Aviv on a map. Is it really that far outside Tel Aviv?

I hope it happens. I'd be excited if she did some different places other than just Europe this time around.

^ Nope, as I said Ramat Gan is near by. It's very close, but still a different city. So the fact that Mike said Tel Aviv makes we wonder if he actually knows what's up.

We should know pretty soon if "Orange" is willing to go for it or not. I hope it finally happens after 16 years.

.So I am guessing the show will be October 1 since Madonna never does shows on Friday nights (October 2).

She did it in Buenos Aires (december 5) :dramatic:

^ Yes, but it was a one time thing; it wasn't planned. She had to reschedule cuz the costumes and part of the equipment didn't arrive in time.

The Israel show is probably not gonna happen; organizers say that it's too expensive. She could come for a private visit for the holidays though. Predictable.

http://www.mako.co.il/music-news/world/Art...61625121004.htm

That blows. Considering her prices are bound to go UP next time she does a new tour, I wonder if Australia, Israel and others will even be able to afford her then.

In the 05/23/09 issue of Billboard, there is an article on the touring business and how strong it still is (despite the global economic crisis). Anyway, they have this regarding Madonna's summer extension:

Madonna's European continuation of last year's Sticky & Sweet tour, also produced by Live Nation, is selling out again; it has already moved 1 million tickets worth $100 million in total, according to tour producer Arthur Fogel at Live Nation.

They don't mention the Hamburg or Manchester cancellations (obviously), but still...not too shabby.

In the 05/23/09 issue of Billboard, there is an article on the touring business and how strong it still is (despite the global economic crisis). Anyway, they have this regarding Madonna's summer extension:

Madonna's European continuation of last year's Sticky & Sweet tour, also produced by Live Nation, is selling out again; it has already moved 1 million tickets worth $100 million in total, according to tour producer Arthur Fogel at Live Nation.

They don't mention the Hamburg or Manchester cancellations (obviously), but still...not too shabby.

Even she cancelled those 2 dates but her summer extension still be a big success. :thumbsup:

DRAMA!

Michael Jackson is allegedly very angry with Madonna, blaming her July 4 and July 5 shows at the O2 arena in London for the reason behind the cancellation of his shows. The self-titled King of Pop was supposed to start his tour at the O2 Arena on July 8, but several shows have been cancelled.

“There is just too much to set up in two days,” an insider, working with Michael Jackson, tells me. “It would make sense for Madonna to cancel her shows. She has nothing on Michael Jackson. He is doing 50 shows and she’s only doing two!” the insider angrily tells me. He also says that Michael Jackson believes Madonna is too old to perform and is only doing it for the money, not her enjoyment of actual performing.

It appears that someone forget to tell Michael Jackson’s camp that Madonna is actually continuing her Sticky and Sweet Tour, not starting it. She already played Wembley Stadium in London last year in front of 75,000 people despite crazy prices. Madonna posted several other stadium sellouts with audiences between 40,000 – 70,000 a night in Europe, South America and North America. She attracted nearly 50,000 people to her show at Dodger’s Stadium in Los Angeles with astronomical ticket prices during an awful economy. Make fun of her ridiculous outfits all you want, but Madonna still is a major concert attraction. Her Sticky and Sweet Tour is the most successful tour ever by a solo artist.

Michael Jackson’s need to always make himself number one has become disgusting if not completely laughable. The rumored performance where he puts himself ahead of the Beatles and Elvis is bad enough. This is the same guy who demanded to be called the “King of Pop” in the early nineties. It appears that Michael Jackson’s self-destruction continues.

Source:http://www.examiner.com/x-7494-LA-Gossip-Examiner~y2009m5d21-Michael-Jackson--Wants-Madonna-to-cancel-her-shows

Well, who knows...the Madonna insults may be made up by the writer but a spokesperson for Jackson did blame Madonna's shows for the delays in his tour schedule on Thursday or Friday. Which is ludicrous because Madonna's dates were well known and planned since the beginning of the year. Of course, leave it to Wacko to blame someone else for his own failure to plan properly.

Well, who knows...the Madonna insults may be made up by the writer but a spokesperson for Jackson did blame Madonna's shows for the delays in his tour schedule on Thursday or Friday. Which is ludicrous because Madonna's dates were well known and planned since the beginning of the year. Of course, leave it to Wacko to blame someone else for his own failure to plan properly.

true

that's very wacko of him

• 2 weeks later...

From Guy Osery:

@robsilvae I can tell you that Madonna tells me daily that she cant wait to go back to play in latin america again.. she loves it there...

about 4 hours ago from web in reply to robsilvae

@mmgunisigi Madonna really wanted to come to Istanbul.. but the timing didnt work because we are in the area at the same time as ramadan..

about 4 hours ago from web in reply to mmgunisigi

@SchiavinatoR yes.. obrigado for the support..

about 4 hours ago from web in reply to SchiavinatoR

@perezhilton she's not doing "Who's That Girl"

ha ha

Guest Danny86

Turkish fans spamming Guy Oseary:

@Sphacelation please make sure everyone knows how much she wanted to come.. speak to your promoters there.. we were told it was bad timing

@Mr_Sovereign you should speak with the promoters in turkey.. we were told bad timing because of ramadan.. we would LOVE to have come..

@Martielex madonna really wanted to come to turkey!!. speak to the promoters there.. I want to make clear, it was not her choice to not come

Guest boytoyville

^ We will just have to wait and see what the boxscores are. I'm sure they will end up making money off then. If they were doing poorly they would be cancelled. Also as far as the Slovenia date is concerned I believe that the Eastern Euro dates tend to sell a lot more tix than other regions closer to the concert date. It's a consumer pattern so to speak I guess. I have no worries. Live Nation already stated that the concert has grossed over 400 million in sales now with the extension so we will just have to wait for the boxscores. I belive it will end up being the second highest grossing tour of all time when all is said in done. It will only be second to the Bigger Bang Tour by the Rolling Stones but that tour had over 150+ dates and Madonna's only 87.

I'm not very sure about what will happen in my city, Zaragoza. Only 17.000 tickets have been sold by far. It's pretty normal, she toured last year and this year she tours again in Madrid and Barcelona. That's simply too much. The sad thing is that i already have golden ring tickets! I hope they dont' cancel...

Guest Danny86
I'm not very sure about what will happen in my city, Zaragoza. Only 17.000 tickets have been sold by far. It's pretty normal, she toured last year and this year she tours again in Madrid and Barcelona. That's simply too much. The sad thing is that i already have golden ring tickets! I hope they dont' cancel...

Oh cool, so you ARE going after all!

I don't think it's going to be canceled. On the 2008 tour, the only non-sellout date was in Spain, so I don't think they expected a miracle when they added 3 Spanish dates for 2009. It's probably about lower costs, it's easier to schedule 3 dates there this year, than bringing her back on the next tour.

Cmon people, It was announced 17000 ZARAGOZA TICKETS SOLD IN FIRST TWO WEEKS, and this info is from Feb/March. And the Slovenian source doesnt seem a reliable source. I feel a little drama in it.

Guest boytoyville

^ Agreed. People said the same type of things the first time around at the European Stadiums and they were all projected sellouts with only Sevilla falling a little short. Remember people saying Wembley was selling extremly poor and the stadium would probably be half empty and it ended up being the highest attended and highest grossing night ever at Wembley stadium. lol

Guest Danny86

Zaragoza went onsale on April 3rd, NOT February/March.

The Slovenia source is reliable, a guy on Tribe talked to the promoter, who said that it wouldn't matter if Madonna performs to 25,000 or 60,000 fans because LN and Madonna would have to be paid anyway. It depends on the promoter if he wants to pull the plug or not.

EL PERIÓDICO DE ARAGON said she's done about 20,000 as of last week (obviously not that far off from 17,000) but they are discounting the tickets now by up to 50%. At least they are trying to salvage the show.

The Slovenia source is reliable, a guy on Tribe talked to the promoter, who said that it wouldn't matter if Madonna performs to 25,000 or 60,000 fans because LN and Madonna would have to be paid anyway. It depends on the promoter if he wants to pull the plug or not.

That's true.

Look at the Budva concert last year. Promoters reportedly guaranteed Madonna $5 million for the show (according to reports from the newspapers there), and they put 65,000 tickets up for grabs when they first went on sale.

The result? The show sold 47,524 tickets and made $3.46 million which means the promoters probably lost money on the deal, but they still held the show.

By the way, the Budva concert only sold 10,000 tickets in its first week. And by two months later at showtime it had hit 47,524? So, I suppose anything can happen.