Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Guest annag_girl

and she is also coming to Slovenia..imagine that :dramatic:

i cannot wait! :tigger::headbang:

hopefully will catch also some other concert around :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrozenLight

Yep Zarasota is finally confirmed.

Does anyone know how the German, Spanish and Italian dates are selling? It's weird because for Sweden, Norway, France, England, Blegium, Estonia and Finland press released were released quickly. But we haven't heard anything about ticket sales for Munich, Hamburg, Milan, Budapest, Madrid, Barcelona, Marseilles. Are there any guys in the forum who have some information on how those shows are selling?

Madrid is not sold out, but the seats that are left are quite bad.And when is Zaragoza going to be on sale?

Zaragosa

Fan Presale April 1 at 5PM

Public Sale April 3 10 am

:thumbsup: By the end of the second leg she will have visited Spain's five biggest cities :dramatic:

How much Hard Candy has sold in Spain?

Around 45,000 (barely GOLD). Which is a freaking embarrassment considering how much she has toured there in the past year.

Around 45,000 (barely GOLD). Which is a freaking embarrassment considering how much she has toured there in the past year.

ANd how much she's gonna tour this year!! :dramatic:

I don't know, but the Spanish market and radio have been so weird the last couple of years. It seems like only Spanish music is popular right now. And the radio barely plays foreign hits. And even if they do, they play extremely old songs. :confused:

Guest Danny86

I think some Spanish members reported it here that the HC singles were ignored on Spanish radio like the COADF era on US radio.

I don't get why she's performing 5 big venues in Spain within a year... Is she trying to make up for RIT & CT ignoring Spain?

Acts like Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Usher, Kayne West... are not very successful in Spain. That sound is not very radio friendly in Spain, so that's why the HC singles were ignored.

45.000 copies is not an embarrasment... the biggest-selling albums last year in Spain sold 80.000 - 100.000 copies and not many international artist sold more than Madonna (Coldplay, Amy Winehouse...).

I think some Spanish members reported it here that the HC singles were ignored on Spanish radio like the COADF era on US radio.

I don't get why she's performing 5 big venues in Spain within a year... Is she trying to make up for RIT & CT ignoring Spain?

I doubt that, at this stage, album sales indicate her what countries she can tour or not. They do random polls and economic studies to determinate the demand for an artist show. And all her singles were #1 in the physical chart.

Acts like Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Usher, Kayne West... are not very successful in Spain. That sound is not very radio friendly in Spain, so that's why the HC singles were ignored.

45.000 copies is not an embarrasment... the biggest-selling albums last year in Spain sold 80.000 - 100.000 copies and not many international artist sold more than Madonna (Coldplay, Amy Winehouse...).

If the charts are anything to go by, Beyoncé is monumental right now in Spain.

:thumbsup: By the end of the second leg she will have visited Spain's five biggest cities :dramatic:

How much Hard Candy has sold in Spain?

Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza, Valencia and?

Seville

Thanks. She needs to do a extensive Mexican tour too :o

Chihuahua has a quite large stadium and she can always perform in The Palomar... *dreams*

:confused:

Well, if the sound is the problem then why would Coldplay sell on par with Madonna? They don't sound like Timbaland's production. I still say it is a let down to play for almost 100,000 people in Spain and barely manage to go GOLD. The market must be down pretty bad there.

Looks like ISRAEL might get Sticky and Sweet...

From DrownedMadonna:

An Israeli news website just reported that a negotiation is under way for an Israeli stop on the Sticky and Sweet tour, early September, and that this time "it looks closer than ever".

It also mention that a hotel reservation was already made for Madonna's entourage.

Israeli Site (Article) - If you can read Hebrew

I realize Australia is SOL, but maybe Japan could see some love? I'd really like to see her do "Miles Away" there.

Looks like ISRAEL might get Sticky and Sweet...

From DrownedMadonna:

An Israeli news website just reported that a negotiation is under way for an Israeli stop on the Sticky and Sweet tour, early September, and that this time "it looks closer than ever".

It also mention that a hotel reservation was already made for Madonna's entourage.

Israeli Site (Article) - If you can read Hebrew

YEAH, RIGHT...

:confused:

Well, if the sound is the problem then why would Coldplay sell on par with Madonna? They don't sound like Timbaland's production. I still say it is a let down to play for almost 100,000 people in Spain and barely manage to go GOLD. The market must be down pretty bad there.

There are two different topics here: sales and radio support. Hard Candy and all the singles sold OK compared to the 2008 best selling albums in Spain, she has a huge fanbase here. It's true that the sales climate is depressing because albums can enter the Top 50 selling less than 200-300 copies, so Gold is quite an accomplishment. On the other hand, the radio support was minimal because the biggest stations (los 40 principales) usually ignore these R&B/hip-hop hits. There are quite a few exceptions, but as I said earlier, they are not as massive as in the rest of the world.

And I don't see what's the problem with Madonna doing so many shows here. She is probably our biggest international act, Spain is a big market and has ignored us in many tours. She owed it to us.

And I don't see what's the problem with Madonna doing so many shows here. She is probably our biggest international act, Spain is a big market and has ignored us in many tours. She owed it to us.

I don't think there is a problem with that. In fact, I think it's great. However, I just thought she'd sell more in a market that has usually given her great sales. That's all.

Guest Danny86

Two dates canceled, 2nd Manchester date & Hamburg!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://madonna.com/news/news.php?uid=1153

NEW DATES AND SOME CHANGES OF ITINERARY DUE TO UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND BY FANS

For Immediate Release: Friday, April 03, 2009. With record breaking sell outs in London, Brussels, Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki and Gothenburg, Madonna's 'Sticky & Sweet Tour' - 2009- reaffirms Madonna's status as one of the most successful touring artists of all time. Due to unprecedented demand by fans and some logistical scheduling issues, new dates and a few changes have been made in the "Sticky & Sweet" itinerary, it was announced today by Live Nation, the International tour promoter for the entire tour.

Following a 70,000 seat sell-out in Werchter, Belgium, a 76,000 seat sell-out in Helsinki Finland on August 6th (the largest show ever in Finland by one artist), 40,000 tickets sell-out for the July show in Oslo, Norway, two sellouts in Gothenburg, Sweden and 72,000 tickets sold out in one day in Tallinn Estonia, the passion of Madonna's fans shows no signs of slowing down for 'Sticky & Sweet 2009.' The Material Girl will be making first time ever stops in Belgium, Udine, Marseille, Oslo, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Slovenia, Budapest, Belgrade, Romania and Bulgaria and is returning to Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, Zaragoza, Gothenburg, London, Manchester and Munich.

"If those who took in Madonna's world tour have seen anything as slick, innovative and energetic then please point it out. The choreography, visuals and live talent were world class and mind-blowingly well executed, intelligent and witty," raved England's Independent Newspaper. "

In the premiere league of song-and-dance spectaculars, the queen of pop remains unrivalled and undefeated" glowed The Times

Madonna's 58 'Sticky & Sweet' shows in 2008 played before 2,350,282 fans and sold over 280 million dollars in tickets. Madonna's multi Grammy-nominated CD "Hard Candy" debuted at Number One in over 37 countries. The updated Sticky & Sweet 2009 Tour schedule with special guest Paul Oakenfold is as follows:

04-July London, United Kingdom, The 02 London

05-July London, United Kingdom, The 02 London

07-July Manchester, UK, MEN Arena

09-July Paris, France, Bercy

11-July Werchter, Belgium, Festivalpark

14-July Milan, Italy, San Siro

16-July Udine, Italy, Udine Stadio Friuli

19-July Marseille, France, Stade Velodrome

21-July Barcelona, Spain, Olympic Stadium

23-July Madrid, Spain, Estadio Vicente Calderon

25-July Zaragoza, Spain, Recinto De La Feria De Zaragoza

29-July Oslo, Norway, Vallehovin

30-July Oslo, Norway, Vallehovin

02-Aug St. Petersburg, Russia, Palace Square

04-Aug Tallinn, Estonia, Tallinn Song Festival Ground

06-Aug Helsinki, Finland, West Harbour

08-Aug Gothenburg, Sweden, Ullevi

09-Aug Gothenburg, Sweden, Ullevi

11-Aug Copenhagen, Denmark, Parken

13-Aug Prague, Czech Republic, Chodov Natural Amphitheatre

15-Aug Warsaw, Poland, Bemowo Airport

18-Aug Munich, Germany, Olympic Stadium

20-Aug Ljubljana, Slovenia, Hippodrome

22-Aug Budapest, Hungary, Kincsem Park

24-Aug Belgrade, Serbia, USCE Park

26-Aug Bucharest, Romania, Park Izvor

29-Aug Sofia, Bulgaria, Vasil Levski Stadium

What a shitty day for Madonna. She lost her adoption bid AND she can't sell-out dates in Hamburg or Manchester. Lord, the press is gonna run with this...brace for even more negative press.

She should just do shows in Japan and Australia and everyone will forget the failures in these two cities.

Well, thank God this news are released today because all the press will go crazy about the adoption bid failure and nobody will care about these 2 shows canceled.

I think the only shows that were cancelled are the ones that would have been three shows in a row. (Bercy and two Manchester shows, and hamburg right before two Oslo shows)

So maybe its not because of poor sales, but pretty exhausting for her to perform three nights in a row? I dont know...

Oh my god! What a bad day :confused:

I think we should be really worried she cannot sell out a second arena in Manchester... It's Manchester... And it's an arena... :(

I think the only shows that were cancelled are the ones that would have been three shows in a row. (Bercy and two Manchester shows, and hamburg right before two Oslo shows)

So maybe its not because of poor sales, but pretty exhausting for her to perform three nights in a row? I dont know...

Yes, it seems as the reason. I was quite surprised about her doing 3 nights in a raw (twice!).