Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

NY -> Bucharest - 12 hours (Northern Hemisphere, similar climate)

NY -> Tokyo - 14 hours (Northern Hemisphere, similar climate)

NY -> Sydney - 22 hours (Southern Hemisphere, opposite climate)

I can understand why she skipped OZ.

Guest ConfessionsOfAGayboi

Hi guys! I'm completely new to posting on here but have been viewinf the board for MONTHS...so interesting to hear everyone's thoughts!! Anyway, I saw M. on the opening night in Cardiff & I REALLY want to go again to Manchester, but the earliest I can get tickets is about 4pm tomorrow in the LiveNation presale....I was just wondering, based on past experiences, realistically, will I be able to get a good seat? I wanna be as close to her as possible but I get the feeling that the best tickets have already gone in the Icon sale! :(

What to you guys think??

I'm actually quite upset at the moment...

Hi guys! I'm completely new to posting on here but have been viewinf the board for MONTHS...so interesting to hear everyone's thoughts!! Anyway, I saw M. on the opening night in Cardiff & I REALLY want to go again to Manchester, but the earliest I can get tickets is about 4pm tomorrow in the LiveNation presale....I was just wondering, based on past experiences, realistically, will I be able to get a good seat? I wanna be as close to her as possible but I get the feeling that the best tickets have already gone in the Icon sale! :(

What to you guys think??

I'm actually quite upset at the moment...

Well, I'm gonna try LN presale but for 02. It seems the ICON presale has been throwing out Blocks B and C so there's a good chance you'll get something better in the LN presale. What do people think the chances of a subsequent 02/MEN date?

I hope so :)...and I was wondering that too!! If she sells out quickly (which im convinced she will) she's bound to add at least one more!

NY -> Bucharest - 12 hours (Northern Hemisphere, similar climate)

NY -> Tokyo - 14 hours (Northern Hemisphere, similar climate)

NY -> Sydney - 22 hours (Southern Hemisphere, opposite climate)

I can understand why she skipped OZ.

You're an idiot. It's not a problem for anyone else apart from Madonna

Well, I'm gonna try LN presale but for 02. It seems the ICON presale has been throwing out Blocks B and C so there's a good chance you'll get something better in the LN presale. What do people think the chances of a subsequent 02/MEN date?

Apparently Blocks B and C are near the end of the catwalk................

I'm sooo confused about the London and Manchester gigs....no sites are showing the proper seating plan for M's show with the catwalk, just the standard one so we dont know whereabouts the seats are in comparison to the stage/catwalk etc! Also, it might just be me being a dumbass but I can't work out what price gets you what seat lol!! Like....how much are the seats for Blocks B & C?? HELP!! lol!!

lol It's crazy, I wish they would post the proper seating plan!

Kinda obvious, but just checking, the O2 show is floor seating, not standing, right?

I would PRESUME 02 is seating only. I've never been there, always wanted to see what it's like. I do have a soft spot for Earls Court and think the sound system and facilities are a lot better then Wembley (arena). The transportation system at Wembley Park is a joke, always has been. The area is a complete ghetto as well, I have no intention of ever going there again. I have heard good things about the sound system at 02 so am looking forward to it, even if it is a bit of a trek to get to coming from North London.

800px-Canary.wharf.and.dome.london.arp.j

That's good to know, I have heard good things about Earl's Court, too. I'm just glad it's not in a stadium. :lol: I am planning on coming up from Calgary for the concert and then stay over there for a week. So, hopefully I can get good tickets through the LN pre-sale, because I have to get up at 3 AM for it. :gross:

Guest dicktracy

Not looking good for the Land Down Under.... they can't afford Madonna... and according to this dude... they are not that eager to have her there either....

About Those Madonna Rumours

by Paul Cashmere - February 4 2009

undercover.com.au

So Madonna is touring Australia this year. Well, don`t believe everything you hear in the press.

Those Madonna to tour Australia rumours are all bullshit, Undercover has learned.

Despite dates published in the newspaper last week and venues announced, Madonna is not coming to Australia.

The date suggested for Melbourne at the venue Telstra Dome was wrong. There is no booking at Telstra Dome for that evening.

Madonna’s record label has denied the stories stating it was the first they heard of it. The promoter who was in negotiations to bring her down under before the dollar crashed also denies the tour is happening, and if so, not with him.

The Sticky and Sweet tour was originally talked about when the Australian dollar was around 95c to the US dollar. Today it is sitting at 65c.

For a promoter to bring Madonna down in that economy would mean a substantial increase in risk. To cover the price of the tour, the ticket price would be extremely high.

Madonna does do a discount rate and for a promoter, she is not exactly the hottest ticket in town right now. A small drop-off in interest would be disastrous to the finances of the promoter.

Madonna in Australia in 2009 just ain’t gonna happen.

Madonna could have toured here when the $ was strong but she didn't that would have been when the inital Sticky And Sweet tour was being put together fucking stupid bitch. Hope she enjoys playing Romania and Serbia fucking idiot she is

, she is not exactly the hottest ticket in town right now. A small drop-off in interest would be disastrous to the finances of the promoter.

based on what??? :lmao:

my bet she could sell out 6 stadiuns alone there

fucking stupid bitch. Hope she enjoys playing Romania and Serbia fucking idiot she is

:manson:

of course she will enjoy! they never ever seen her before you ego nut :hurt:

Once again I am outraged by the fact that Australia has been snubbed!

Even though I traveled all the way from Australia to Miami to see the Sticky & Sweet show, I think it is absolute bullshit that all us Aussies have to miss out again and again.

And I am also outraged by the amount of backlash and abuse the Aussies are receiving from a lot of the people on this board. Most of you don't have any idea how hard it is to save money to travel to Europe or America (especially being a student) everytime Madonna tours.

I've been very very lucky to have seen the last two tours but it has been extremely difficult for me to travel that far just to see Madonna.

i'm seriously sick of the abuse, negativity and even racism from some forum members toward the upset fans from Oz and other parts of the world that Madonna constantly ignores!

Well done Madonna! You disappoint yet again!

Madonna could have toured here when the $ was strong but she didn't that would have been when the inital Sticky And Sweet tour was being put together fucking stupid bitch. Hope she enjoys playing Romania and Serbia fucking idiot she is

Why shouldnt she enjoy playing Romania and Serbia? Do u know that she had great time in Montenegro? I was there. She had a blast. Why do u think she would not enjoy it? She has so many fans on the Bolkans!

she will enjoy it so much and so do we, you frustrated :)

Guest dicktracy
based on what??? :lmao:

my bet she could sell out 6 stadiuns alone there

Maybe they meant that she's not the hottest act for promoters in Australia because she would cost too much. If he meant that she is not a hot act when it comes to the masses, he's crazy. If Pink can sell 400K tickets over there, Madonna can definitely sell 3 stadium concerts.

LN presale for Manchester was SHIT!! Still without tickets and very gutted :(...oh well, have to try my luck on Friday I guess!!

Guest northernlad
^Minneapolis is not close to Chicago. Actually Columbus is closer to Chicago than Minneapolis is. LOL Beyond that Madonna just did a show in Detroit which is a lot closer than going from Minneapolis to Chicago. I don't understand why people think Minneapolis and Chicago are really close to each other but I've heard that from people a lot and it's really not true.

You're making an argument of what city deserves her most, but I was talking about areas in general in response to nothingfails' post. Compared to the rest of the midwest or south, you guys are right next door to a market she hits every time. Does that mean it's not worth playing there? Of course not, but it's not the fairest choice in that part of the country either. Minnesota doesn't have the same geographical appeal Ohio does. It has less than half the population and would really only draw on states that are already near Chicago (Iowa & Wisconsin). Meanwhile, Ohio corners MI, IN, KY, WV, and w. PA - plus it's closer to me. :D Either way, looking at the kinds of places they're doing in Europe this time, I bet her next American tour will hit a lot more non-coastal markets probably with lots of 1-of shows instead of multiple nights so everyone will be happy.

Not looking good for the Land Down Under.... they can't afford Madonna... and according to this dude... they are not that eager to have her there either....

About Those Madonna Rumours

by Paul Cashmere - February 4 2009

undercover.com.au

So Madonna is touring Australia this year. Well, don`t believe everything you hear in the press.

Those Madonna to tour Australia rumours are all bullshit, Undercover has learned.

Despite dates published in the newspaper last week and venues announced, Madonna is not coming to Australia.

The date suggested for Melbourne at the venue Telstra Dome was wrong. There is no booking at Telstra Dome for that evening.

Madonna’s record label has denied the stories stating it was the first they heard of it. The promoter who was in negotiations to bring her down under before the dollar crashed also denies the tour is happening, and if so, not with him.

The Sticky and Sweet tour was originally talked about when the Australian dollar was around 95c to the US dollar. Today it is sitting at 65c.

For a promoter to bring Madonna down in that economy would mean a substantial increase in risk. To cover the price of the tour, the ticket price would be extremely high.

Madonna does do a discount rate and for a promoter, she is not exactly the hottest ticket in town right now. A small drop-off in interest would be disastrous to the finances of the promoter.

Madonna in Australia in 2009 just ain’t gonna happen.

The fact is Madonna wanted to tour OZ and she had also given discount rate to the promoter but it was the promoter who simply can't afford to take the risk.

I wonder why some fans keep barking at the wrong tree?

Guest boytoyville
You're making an argument of what city deserves her most, but I was talking about areas in general in response to nothingfails' post. Compared to the rest of the midwest or south, you guys are right next door to a market she hits every time. Does that mean it's not worth playing there? Of course not, but it's not the fairest choice in that part of the country either. Minnesota doesn't have the same geographical appeal Ohio does. It has less than half the population and would really only draw on states that are already near Chicago (Iowa & Wisconsin). Meanwhile, Ohio corners MI, IN, KY, WV, and w. PA - plus it's closer to me. :D Either way, looking at the kinds of places they're doing in Europe this time, I bet her next American tour will hit a lot more non-coastal markets probably with lots of 1-of shows instead of multiple nights so everyone will be happy.

Yes that would be nice! :) Live Nation really seems to be into bringing Madonna to new or old markets she hasn't been to in awhile. We can only hope for next tour!

Guest boytoyville
The fact is Madonna wanted to tour OZ and she had also given discount rate to the promoter but it was the promoter who simply can't afford to take the risk.

I wonder why some fans keep barking at the wrong tree?

EXACTLY!