Now The Tour Is Confirmed Which Songs Should She Drop From The Setlist and Which Should She Add?

markm

Holiday needs to never be played again; she should, like, sign a waver or something. That song is so over-romanticized. Heartbeat was very entertaining.

She needs to play Bad Girl.

I disagree on the Holiday part. However, Bad Girl would be awesome to see done like DW/SFL during Confessions.

I disagree on the Holiday part. However, Bad Girl would be awesome to see done like DW/SFL during Confessions.

:thumbsup: Bad Girl or even Fever would be refreshing. Something from the Erotica era. Funny that was one of her most controversial eras and it's like it never happened. We got Erotic/ You thrill me at the CT and it was brilliant. Arrangement, vocals and choreography.

I hope she keeps Borderline and not use the guitar? That would be amazing.

I'd hope she would play Bad Girl and Open Your Heart!!!

ugh!

she doesnt suck at the guitar. To each their own. I like the guitar. it';s modern Madonna. She dances a plenty in this tour. everything is fine. relax people.

I don't mind the guitar on certain songs, I wish for this tour she would have left out La Isla Bonita and added in something she hasn't done in a while. As for the Hard Candy material, I wish she would have scaled down to maybe doing six songs off that album instead of nine. The Re-Invention tour had the best mix of everything, imo.

I don't mind the guitar on certain songs, I wish for this tour she would have left out La Isla Bonita and added in something she hasn't done in a while. As for the Hard Candy material, I wish she would have scaled down to maybe doing six songs off that album instead of nine. The Re-Invention tour had the best mix of everything, imo.

:vogue::clap: I love RIT. I wish they would release the shit already on DVD. The set list was one of her best post Ray of Light era.

Guest Danny86

The RIT setlist was a mess. Instead of doing American Life album tracks we won't ever have on tour ("I'm So Stupid", "Love Profusion" and a proper performance of "Hollwood) she did several pointless numbers, like "Frozen", "Hanky Panky", "Don't Tell Me" or "Imagine". The last 2 songs were the same as DWT, just with switched order... The whole show was too focused on older stuff, I think Sticky & Sweet is the only tour that got the perfect balance, even though Girlie Show & Confessions had more or less half new, half old as well, most of the new stuff was crammed into the first half on both shows, so the flow wasn't as great as on S&ST.

Guest harbors

RIT DVD will never see the light, believe it or not. IT looked so damn old at that time and no amount of photoshop can fix her face.

RIT DVD will never see the light, believe it or not. IT looked so damn old at that time and no amount of photoshop can fix her face.

:lmao:

"IT looked so damn old at that time and no amount of photoshop can fix her face" (see Sticky and Sweet Tour 2008)

The RIT setlist was a mess. Instead of doing American Life album tracks we won't ever have on tour ("I'm So Stupid", "Love Profusion" and a proper performance of "Hollwood) she did several pointless numbers, like "Frozen", "Hanky Panky", "Don't Tell Me" or "Imagine". The last 2 songs were the same as DWT, just with switched order... The whole show was too focused on older stuff, I think Sticky & Sweet is the only tour that got the perfect balance, even though Girlie Show & Confessions had more or less half new, half old as well, most of the new stuff was crammed into the first half on both shows, so the flow wasn't as great as on S&ST.

They might not have flowed but it was still an enjoyable show. It satisfied probably most M fans because she did play alot of her old hits and they were recognizable except for Holiday. It left much more to be desired. And that's one of my favorites. I would die to hear Causing a commotion again. Especially if done in an original arrangement.

Guest Danny86
It satisfied probably most M fans because she did play alot of her old hits and they were recognizable except for Holiday.

I don't think that's what the majority of fans want. I'm sure many prefer to hear rearranged hits like what she did on TGS or S&ST over the album versions, like "Frozen" or the TIC mix of "Vogue" on RIT. I know most here are usually more looking forward to hear a new album track being performed live than one of her old hits resurrected. The RIT was done for the casual public, if you look at all the other show setlists she did, it's easy to say that's not what she enjoys singing (another proof is the song selection for the I'm Going To Tell You A Secret CD/DVD). Of course I admit she couldn't have done the whole American Life album and perform half of it on the guitar like "Nothing Fails" or "Mother And Father", so the show was meant to be different from DWT anyway.

I don't think that's what the majority of fans want. I'm sure many prefer to hear rearranged hits like what she did on TGS or S&ST over the album versions, like "Frozen" or the TIC mix of "Vogue" on RIT. I know most here are usually more looking forward to hear a new album track being performed live than one of her old hits resurrected. The RIT was done for the casual public, if you look at all the other show setlists she did, it's easy to say that's not what she enjoys singing (another proof is the song selection for the I'm Going To Tell You A Secret CD/DVD). Of course I admit she couldn't have done the whole American Life album and perform half of it on the guitar like "Nothing Fails" or "Mother And Father", so the show was meant to be different from DWT anyway.

And the casual public loved it. It posted records for 2004 and all the shows were sell outs. I'm sorry but I still love her hits and won't be disappointed when played live. I don't mind hearing new content. I loved Confessions and the music on the album was brilliant. I can't say the same about HC so I'm biased when almost the whole album is played live. I like spanish lesson and BGO though.

the guitar has been here since 2000 and wont leave, get over it and stop complaining

It sucked for Borderline and Hung Up and pointless for Human Nature. Other than that it's okay. Is she even really playing the damn thing or faking?

i say leave it as it is. had a great time and I love her song choices. It's never going to be the way ONE individual fan wants it, so while speculating can be fun, it's basically a waste of time. madonna's shows are like theater. you could no more take doli doli or human nature out of this show than you could take i'd be suprisingly good for you or buenos aires out of Evita. this is the way madonna envisions it. let it will be.