The best Madonna song ever made

Guest seancannon

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Drowned World/ Substitute for love is her best song for me.

So personnal, so true, so her at the time...

A perfect opening track for a perfect album...

Guest ursaminorjim

If I could only have one Madonna song for the rest of my life...okay, that would be cruel and unusual punishment. And not even enforceable, really.

But I'll go with "What it feels like for a girl." It's just a perfect moment, and it hits all the Madonna marks - it's creamy smooth, and spikily experimental, has some greasy hips to it but floats like a butterfly on ether, has a socio-political bent but isn't strident polemic, has a gorgeous melody which shows off all of her voice's contours, and basically just makes me happy.

Guest MelissaM4

Early Madonna I'd have to go with Burnin' Up. Newer Madonna I really like The Power of Goodbye. But I still love to dance to Into the Groove!

Guest ConfessionsOfAGayboi

Its REALLY cruel to make us choose one haha!!

But i'd probably have to say "Live To Tell" - that song ALWAYS makes me so emotional!

I also love Vogue and Borderline from back in the day, and more recently, Frozen, Hung Up & Beat Goes On

Thief of Hearts from Erotica is also a gem!!

Guest Erotica Expressionism.

Vogue.

Honorable Mention: Express Yourself (the one that's not on the album, but in the music video and the one she did at the VMA's)

Like A Prayer.

From the best album, the best song. The perfect mix of art and commerce. Iconic, daring, religious, blasphemous, catchy, misunderstood, offends, inspires, sexual, mental, forceful, supposedly tongue-in-cheek yet deeply layered, full of innuendo, rich with messages. In other words, the song that is a perfect summation of Madonna herself.

If I could only have one Madonna song for the rest of my life...okay, that would be cruel and unusual punishment. And not even enforceable, really.

But I'll go with "What it feels like for a girl." It's just a perfect moment, and it hits all the Madonna marks - it's creamy smooth, and spikily experimental, has some greasy hips to it but floats like a butterfly on ether, has a socio-political bent but isn't strident polemic, has a gorgeous melody which shows off all of her voice's contours, and basically just makes me happy.

Love it! :thumbsup:

I'm one of those sheep who loves at least 90 percent of her work. So, I'll go with "Can't Stop". My current favorite M track, and one of her best bridges.

Guest Pud Whacker

this is a really hard one for shes had so many. im going with the song like a prayer. its just a perfect piece of music. from princes guitar intro to the choir to madonnas vocals to the the lyrics to the arrangement. just perfect.

this is a really hard one for shes had so many. im going with the song like a prayer. its just a perfect piece of music. from princes guitar intro to the choir to madonnas vocals to the the lyrics to the arrangement. just perfect.

I agree! Like a Prayer is complete! :thumbsup: