Madonna Tour 2009!

daizy1

The "trucker" mentioned Japan & Australia too. The tour extension rumours are almost a month old, that person might have just jumped on the bandwagon.

I doubt this affects the DVD release if the extension only goes to selected European cities.

And cosmic, MTribe is indeed always right, but they are only talking about "plans" so neurocks was just pointing out that this is not an official confirmation, not even Tribe meant it like that.

Yes, but the plans are true.

Guest Bastian

I sooo hope this is true. I missed it for personal reasons, but would fly down under to see it if I could. I followed The Confessions Tour from New York to Paris and Rome.

Good News!

The upcoming tour won't be headlined as the Sticky & Sweet Tour.

However it will still be based on "Hard Candy" and due to lack of

time the choreography and stage setup will remain more or less

the same.

Anyway new costumes will be designed for different parts of the

show and most of the "old" songs will be

changed to other oldies but goodies.

This information comes directly from people working on the

tour (sorry I can't tell who).

Personally I hope they remove the "Die Another Day Video" interlude

and change it to a simple live performance. This part bored and

almost killed me.

I also hope they replace Spanish Lessons, Human Nature and

Music with other songs.

Paul

Guest Danny86
Good News!

The upcoming tour won't be headlined as the Sticky & Sweet Tour.

However it will still be based on "Hard Candy" and due to lack of

time the choreography and stage setup will remain more or less

the same.

Anyway new costumes will be designed for different parts of the

show and most of the "old" songs will be

changed to other oldies but goodies.

This information comes directly from people working on the

tour (sorry I can't tell who).

Personally I hope they remove the "Die Another Day Video" interlude

and change it to a simple live performance. This part bored and

almost killed me.

I also hope they replace Spanish Lessons, Human Nature and

Music with other songs.

Paul

Sorry that doesn't make much sense. If there's no time for new choreography and stage, how could there be time for new song arrangements? You know that means only the rock versions are interchangeable, and of course if she resurrects some of the rehearsed songs, like "Open Your Heart".

If the shows are 6 months away from now, there could be any change and I don't think they decided on anything yet, so it's just everyone jumping on the "I have an exclusive!" bandwagon.

^ Agree. That one sounds like a complete bullshit. It seems like a random rambling based on personal wishes that the guy has, nothing more.

We'll get a lot more fake rumors in the next weeks; now that we know that there'll be some sort of an extension of the tour.

If she revamps the whole thing I guess it could be cool. But yeah I'd rather wait a few more years for a whole new tour. Sticky & Sweet is done.

it´s done for you, but not for the countries where she didn´t perform.And i guess that, if this is really true, she´ll do it because she loves to perform live

MADONNA - MADONNA RETURNING TO ROAD WITH STICKY + SWEET?

Pop queen MADONNA is reportedly gearing up to hit the road again with her Sticky + Sweet tour following the phenomenal success of her global jaunt in 2008.

The Material Girl star is rumoured to be planning a string of new shows for the summer (09) in a bid to please fans in cities she couldn't perform in the first time around.

According to fan site MadonnaTribe.com, the pop superstar is believed to be extending the tour in July and August (09) and is reportedly organising shows in Marseilles, France and Milan, Italy.

The Sticky + Sweet tour kicked off in August (08) in Cardiff, Wales and closed in Sao Paulo, Brazil on 21 December (08).

The series of shows broke numerous touring records, including the highest grossing tour of all time by a solo artist. It pulled in revenues of $280 million (GBP200 million).

There was no official confirmation of any further dates as WENN went to press.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...20sweet_1092715

Guest boytoyville

With another grain of salt of course but a dan from ICON has stated that the company he works for is sponsering Madonna's summer tour when it comes to Sweden. Says it's offical and confirmed...obviously who knows until an offical announcement is made.

More and more media is talking about it now, but Ive actually read one dutch article that gave the credit to madonnatribe, so I'm guessing that most media know madonnatribe very well and think that its a reliable website. I think so too, they don't often post things and hint to things if they wouldn't be at least a little sure about what they're saying.

Well, it is sounding like a real possibility (the second leg). I really hope she does Australia, Japan and Scandinavia.

I wonder why she's doing an extension of the tour. Maybe the next movie she was gonna direct is having obstacles coming together? She obviously likes being productive, but why not start a new album? It just seems weird for someone like Madonna who is so forward-thinking.

Guest boytoyville

^ Madonna never tours very long. If you look at her touring history in comparison to other acts it doesn't even compare. She is never on the road very long. I think it's about time she does a long tour and reaches out to fans in places she hasn't been to in awhile. I don't think it has anything to do with "forward thinking" I mean really...it's not as if she is in a cave somewhere and isn't going to be anything new for 5 years. I just think that Madonna is held to an impossible standard. Why must she be doing something completely new ALL the time. It's about time she sit back,relax and enjoy her performances for a year.

All of this tour talk seems to spring from one source, Madonnatribe. I'm not gonna debate their accuracy, or the legitmacy of their sources, but i'm not buying any of it until I see an official press release from Live nation, Liz Rosenberg, or Madonna.com.

The rest of you can wet yourselves over a rumor. I personally think the idea of her doing a second leg of a tour 7 months later, in a world economy in the middle of a deep recession, is the dumbest move ever. Creatively speaking, I would think she would be tired of S&S. I loved the tour, but i'm way over that era, and looking forward to new material from her.

^ I don't think it has anything to do with "forward thinking" I mean really...it's not as if she is in a cave somewhere and isn't going to be anything new for 5 years. I just think that Madonna is held to an impossible standard. Why must she be doing something completely new ALL the time. It's about time she sit back,relax and enjoy her performances for a year.

:confused:

Well, I wasn't attacking the idea of a second tour leg. It just seems out of character, that's all.

Madonna herself has admitted that she gets bored very easily and is ready for it to be over when the last show comes. She can tour as much as she wants for all I care. I just know that one thing that has always made her a great artist is her restlessness and desire for new directions. I don't think that is an impossible standard, it's simply the standard she has set for herself.

Guest Danny86
I wonder why she's doing an extension of the tour. Maybe the next movie she was gonna direct is having obstacles coming together? She obviously likes being productive, but why not start a new album? It just seems weird for someone like Madonna who is so forward-thinking.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie hit an obstacle. As for the album, I think she's gonna start working on it later this year already, but since HC is not even a year old, I doubt LN will want to release it before mid-2010, she can't rush that. So touring is the only thing she can do in 2009 to stay in the spotlight.

All of this tour talk seems to spring from one source, Madonnatribe. I'm not gonna debate their accuracy, or the legitmacy of their sources, but i'm not buying any of it until I see an official press release from Live nation, Liz Rosenberg, or Madonna.com.

The rest of you can wet yourselves over a rumor. I personally think the idea of her doing a second leg of a tour 7 months later, in a world economy in the middle of a deep recession, is the dumbest move ever. Creatively speaking, I would think she would be tired of S&S. I loved the tour, but i'm way over that era, and looking forward to new material from her.

MadonnaTribe was accurate with every single info on HC & S&ST. Currently they are saying the *plans* for this Euro tour are real. Even if it doesn't happen in the end, we'll still know that the plans were true and alive at some point.

It is dumb move, but as I said, it's either this, or Madonna directing another movie and performing on a charity event for a whole year. Would make more sense if she went to Asia & Australia though.

I think this is great news,but she should revamp the tour a little.Maybe add some surprises ("Causing A Commotion","Dress You Up",etc) instead of doing the exact same show.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie hit an obstacle. As for the album, I think she's gonna start working on it later this year already, but since HC is not even a year old, I doubt LN will want to release it before mid-2010, she can't rush that. So touring is the only thing she can do in 2009 to stay in the spotlight.

MadonnaTribe was accurate with every single info on HC & S&ST. Currently they are saying the *plans* for this Euro tour are real. Even if it doesn't happen in the end, we'll still know that the plans were true and alive at some point.

It is dumb move, but as I said, it's either this, or Madonna directing another movie and performing on a charity event for a whole year. Would make more sense if she went to Asia & Australia though.

I agree, she should do Asia and Australia.

Guest Pud Whacker
oh wow... I can't believe this... MADONNA touring every year? Can this really qualify as a 2nd leg? Taking a break for 5 months?

well, the farewell was 3 years. :rotfl:

i dont know if i really believe this. do you guys?