S&S DVD release

tatimadge

Guest bulgar
According to this site, the S&S Tour DVD will be out in March and it will be distributed by Universal.

BEST. NEWZ. EVER.

bye bye warner

Guest boytoyville
Lots of promotion for a DVD? Unless it's released in conjunction with the GH, and WB and Live Nation work together in promoting both or somethin'.

I'd also say that if it is released in March, that would shoot down those second-leg rumors (not that they were that believable to begin with).

Both Cher's & Brits concerts for example where aired early in their runs. It's actually not unusal for a DVD to be released or the concert aired while it's still going on. In Cher's case in particular it really sparked a lot more intertest in her tour and is part of the reason it lasted so long. Brits Onyx Hotel was aired during the first few dates in the US! Even though I doubt the second leg of sticky & sweet will actually come into fruitation I thought it was important to addess this point.

Fantastic news. I hope this is true. If so, then Madonna's career will explode once again with Live Nation.

Guest bulgar

News about the Sticky & Sweet DVD are starting to come in. Our friends from MadonnaOnline Brazil informs us that Universal Music will be distributing the dvd, produced by Live Nation.

A tentative release date has been set approximately for March 2009.

MadonnaTribe has also heard from its sources that at the moment the dvd for the Sticky & Sweet Tour Live is being prepared as a Double Disc Release.

Previous reports also suggested Madonna's last Greatest Hits compilation owed to Warner Music is also scheduled for a release in the first quarter of 2009.

:dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

ha ha. Well Christina released 'oh mother' or whatever it was called in Europe to co-inside with the DVD. Also kylies X tour was on TV and out on DVD before it had finished its final leg so you never know.

If it would be Warner I would not believe it. With LN it is maybe true, who knows?

And if Universal is doing the DVD for LN it does not mean they will do the next album too. LN maybe get's a better offer until then. Anyway, I don't believe it matters what company produces the discs.

Guest FrozenLight

At least they are smart enough to release it early enough now that the tour just finished and the interest is still here

The article (in Portugese) on the MadonnaOnline site says this:

The new partnership does not possess any exclusiveness: in the lauching of a next product, Live Nation will evaluate the market and see which company is the best label to launch it. Thereby not being imprisoned in a contract for years.

This suggests that Live Nation will pick and choose which major record label will distribute Madonna's albums on a case-by-case basis. So this deal with Universal could be a 1-off deal. If they do a good job distributing it, maybe LN will use them again.