S&S DVD release

tatimadge

NEVER?! There's a three-minute trailer for the thing, which was posted on her website. It will be released.

Whether it's before the end of the year or not is the question. While I would normally agree with you that we won't see a tour DVD that close to the GH CD and DVD, look what happened with GHV2 -- we got DWT at the same time. And already we have multiple Madonna releases competing for fan money -- there's all the various versions of CELEBRATION (single/1 CD/2 CD/DVD/digital release with bonus track/vinyl etc.), but, for the truly loony, there's Filth & Wisdom on DVD and I Am Because We Are on DVD this month, as well. And that Sticky & Sweet photography book is on the way, too, right? With all that Madonna product on the market, you'd think maybe they'd wait until 2010. (On the other hand, when you're already oversaturated, what's one more release?)

I still hold out hope for November. All the fans will have this GH before Christmas, so we need something else for holiday gifts!

When I said never i was hinting to the ones that never got to be released. Im sure this one will get released eventually but i wont be shocked if it doesnt for a long time.

By the second week of October, "everyone" will be over the GH as it will start falling down the charts, so I don't see how it's supposed to last 3 more months. The "Revolver" single is not even definite.

S&ST is an entirely separate project, the DVD was already in production during the summer tour, they can get the most sales of it in this holiday's season because the tour is still fresh in memories, plus all the hype about the second biggest grossing tour ever.

I'm sorry, but no way this is becoming another RIT. Not only it was already edited and broadcast in DVD-form (while RIT broadcast never happened), there's no major documentary to present this tour (just a bonus feature) and the live audience of this tour was more than THREE times bigger than RIT. This was a major world tour visiting dozens of new places, unlike RIT which was basically a US and UK tour, so they won't be fucking up this release.

And two RIT clips (Burning Up and Die Another Day) were even released through a French mobile phone company promotion, I believe...

But I agree with you, Danny. I don't think S&ST will suffer the same fate as RIT. Though I don't fully understand what happened with RIT -- whether it was all legal trouble or whether it's just to give IGTTYAS some years to maybe be profitable (and so the release of the full tour is required to be delayed).

Sorry if it seemed like I over-reacted, Abe... Just didn't want to consider the possibility that this tour would get lost into the Madonna vault, too -- that's happened far too often.

(BTW -- the GH might be "over" for fans in October, but I think WB would hope that the casual and non-fans will still be picking it up around holiday shopping time as gifts.)

^Yes, those 2 clips appeared somewhere in 2005 but that was so random as well and was closer to being a "leak" than some official promo.

I think the legal trouble only affected the tv production, even if it was broadcast, IMGTTYAS would still have got the priority, I am convinced that was the problem, Madonna herself said a certain amount of time had to pass after the documentary was out. But the CT arrived and it dwarfed the success and hype of RIT, it was broadcast in Nov 2006 and came out as a DVD in Jan 2007, so RIT just could not have its proper time in the spotlight anymore. I think it can only be released if a tour or a DVD is not within sight for a year, which means I'm not expecting RIT to be out until 2012...

The latest speculation is that the tour songs registered at ASCAP are for the live CD only. They are ITG, Music, LAP and the Gypsy songs.

Knowing that, my guess for the live CD is:

1. Candy Shop

2. Beat Goes On

3. Into The Groove

4. She's Not Me

5. Music

6. Miles Away

7. La Isla Bonita

8. Doli Doli

9. You Must Love Me

10. Get Stupid

11. 4 Minutes

12. Like A Prayer

13. Give It 2 Me

Since HU is track #1 of Celebration, they might sacrifice a HC track for that one, but at least 5 HC tracks will be included. "Human Nature", "Vogue", "Die Another Day" & "Rain" contain samples as well so those might be left out because the 3 mashups are already included. Can't see "Devil..." used without "Rain" though. :(

^I agree as well, but after the TCT live CD omitted "Live To Tell" *and* "Drowned World" *and* "Paradise", I'm not having any hopes up. I'm sure one of my favourites will be forgotten, either "Vogue", either DWRY, either YMLM either ROL...

RIT DVD was originally intended 4 a december 2004 release.

It was included in WEA's fall-winter catalogue that year.

(note : it sez 'cover not available' , so don't get ur knickers in a twist. :fag: )

warner2.jpg

warner1.jpg

^I agree as well, but after the TCT live CD omitted "Live To Tell" *and* "Drowned World" *and* "Paradise", I'm not having any hopes up. I'm sure one of my favourites will be forgotten, either "Vogue", either DWRY, either YMLM either ROL...

that´s true:those song would have worked perfectly on a live cd