S&S DVD release

tatimadge

The cover of the Confessions Tour LIVE was a still photo from a prerecorded video. So don't even try.

A live DVD should have a a LIVE cover. It's simple, really.

like it was for IGTYS? with nobody knows me shots! cool....

hope it will not be from Get Stupid video interlude....i m voting for Vogue or Like a prayer.....

It will be very interesting to see if Madonna signed under a label like Universal,. they will have to put Mimi in the backseat while they promote Madonna, b/c I doubt Madonna will play second fiddle to any other artist especially Mimi.

You see I don't think both Mariah or Madonna would accept being in the backseat. So this might be a 1-off deal type of a thing.

The article (in Portugese) on the MadonnaOnline site says this:

The new partnership does not possess any exclusiveness: in the lauching of a next product, Live Nation will evaluate the market and see which company is the best label to launch it. Thereby not being imprisoned in a contract for years.

This suggests that Live Nation will pick and choose which major record label will distribute Madonna's albums on a case-by-case basis. So this deal with Universal could be a 1-off deal. If they do a good job distributing it, maybe LN will use them again.

I think I do like this new method that LN is trying. I don't mind if she releases this with Universal and then releases her next studio album on Sony Music (or whatever) and so on as long as they pick the ones who are more willing to promote and handle each project professionally.

You see I don't think both Mariah or Madonna would accept being in the backseat. So this might be a 1-off deal type of a thing.

I think I do like this new method that LN is trying. I don't mind if she releases this with Universal and then releases her next studio album on Sony Music (or whatever) and so on as long as they pick the ones who are more willing to promote and handle each project professionally.

I'm sure the promotion is part of LN work. Universal or Sony or whoever will just manufacture the discs.

How every Madonna release is handled is up to LN. It does not matter who produces the discs.

Guest Danny86
If she tours again in the summer, the DVD WONT come out as it will affect her ticket sales.

As of now, the tour will only go to selected European cities where she had never performed. Those tickets will sell regardless of the DVD. It would be weird to delay the DVD for North & South America only because Madonna is doing some shows in Europe...

Guest nothingfails0603

I hope this doesn't keep getting pushed back and turn into another RIT. Isn't this what they pulled with that in 05?

Guest boytoyville
If she tours again in the summer, the DVD WONT come out as it will affect her ticket sales.

This has already been addressed before. Their has been a long history of acts having their tours shown live in the middle or released on DVD in the middle of their tour. Two examples off hand would be Cher & Britney. Cher's tour aired on NBC and the DVD came out when she wasn't even close to being done and it did nothing but help her sales. Also Brit aired her concert Live on Showtime during her first leg of the Onyx Hotel Tour. It impact on sales would insignificant as people go to the live event to experience the live experience. I mean how many of us saw about 1000 clips and we still couldn't wait to go to the show. It's nothing to worry about.

Guest nothingfails0603
This has already been addressed before. Their has been a long history of acts having their tours shown live in the middle or released on DVD in the middle of their tour. Two examples off hand would be Cher & Britney. Cher's tour aired on NBC and the DVD came out when she wasn't even close to being done and it did nothing but help her sales. Also Brit aired her concert Live on Showtime during her first leg of the Onyx Hotel Tour. It impact on sales would insignificant as people go to the live event to experience the live experience. I mean how many of us saw about 1000 clips and we still couldn't wait to go to the show. It's nothing to worry about.

Not only with Cher's Farewell tour, but her Believe tour aired on HBO in summer 1999 even tho the tour carried into 2000

If the DVD isn't due until June, I think it might be likely that most of the tickets - if not all - for the second tour leg would probably be sold by then. If indeed they go on sale in April or May for those (reported) territories.

Either way, I agree that it won't affect ticket sales that much if the cities are first-timers getting a Madonna tour.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

That's something I've been wondering...

Was the release of the DVD in march an official info in the first place?

Guest gloriesbarcelona
No, it was "insider" info by the Brazilian site and MadonnaTribe also confirmed it.

Ok Thanks :thumbsup:

Well it's probably unlikely then...

I can't see a DVD out while the tour is still on, it doesn't make sense.

Oh well...

I hope this DVD has the feel of a live show unlike Confessions. I get nausea watching it because of the quick cuts in camera angles, slow motion and added screen effects, and her voice is TOO crisp. I'll take the raw look from WTG tour over the overly enhanced Confessions DVD and it's fun to hear crowd reaction in the background during the numbers.

Guest thehiltonsuite
I hope this DVD has the feel of a live show unlike Confessions. I get nausea watching it because of the quick cuts in camera angles, slow motion and added screen effects, and her voice is TOO crisp. I'll take the raw look from WTG tour over the overly enhanced Confessions DVD and it's fun to hear crowd reaction in the background during the numbers.

I agree. Although, I loved it for Confessions. It took a while to get used to, but I appreciate it now. But imagine if they did that with The Girlie Show or Drowned World. That would've sucked!

Guest nothingfails0603
It makes sense.DWT was aired while the tour was still on the road.

oh yea!! thanks for bringing that up. DWT still had about three weeks of shows after the HBO airing. If anything, a broadcast will reach a wider possible audience than a DVD that will sell 100k if lucky (like Confessions did).