S&S DVD release

tatimadge

Guest Danny86
Yeah listen to the music of Control Myslef behind his and J.Lo's vocals and listen to the NEW DAD Interlude Studio Version that has leaked Here

and you will see

I listened, guess you mean the clapping sound that's the main beat of "Control Myself"? They do sound similar but not sure if it can be considered as a sample.

Was it?? I have a copy of the broadcast, not the official DVD... what are the differences? =\ I know the CT broadcast didn't have as many angles as the DVD, less post-production etc. Was it basically the same deal?

Well, DrLecter just said the sample was in the broadcast but not on DVD. I think the "WIFLFAG" interlude was different in the broadcast too (dancers shown), not sure if there was anything else.

As for CT, the broadcast had 4 songs cut out, all the speeches and in fact most songs had their intros or outros shortened.

I'm sure when the DWT was on Channel Four, they had Batman-style "pow" and "bang" signs whenever she hit someone in the Sky Fits Heaven performance. They cut that out didn't they?

Regarding, the Stardust sample though, I think it still is on the DVD.

Guest Spotlight
I'm sure when the DWT was on Channel Four, they had Batman-style "pow" and "bang" signs whenever she hit someone in the Sky Fits Heaven performance. They cut that out didn't they?

I don't remember that... did the Channel Four broadcast have different editing than HBOs?

Edited by Spotlight

I don't remember that... did the Channel Four broadcast have different editing than HBOs?

Mmm.. I'm really not sure. I don't see why it would. For Confessions, NBC was the same as the Channel Four show apart from them cutting out the swearing, censoring certain parts and cutting out the crucifix scene.

Mmm.. I'm really not sure. I don't see why it would. For Confessions, NBC was the same as the Channel Four show apart from them cutting out the swearing, censoring certain parts and cutting out the crucifix scene.

NBC didnt have the crucifix either

Guest nothingfails0603

The fact that it's two discs sounds promising. I've always hated that Warner always put hack jobs on Madonna's DVD's compared to some other companies. Universal sounds promising, look at their work for U2's ZooTV and Popmart tour DVD's.

I wouldn't mind seeing her branch out and do a Best Buy type of exclusive DVD in the future like the Rolling Stones and Elton John ones which are 4 discs and loaded.

The fact that it's two discs sounds promising. I've always hated that Warner always put hack jobs on Madonna's DVD's compared to some other companies. Universal sounds promising, look at their work for U2's ZooTV and Popmart tour DVD's.

I wouldn't mind seeing her branch out and do a Best Buy type of exclusive DVD in the future like the Rolling Stones and Elton John ones which are 4 discs and loaded.

I couldn't agree more.

Guest superman

I more excited whats her next single and or if she gonna win at the grammys. for me ,DVD is almost superficial, i mean its been modified thru computer enhancer to look good. But still i love to have a copy of it.

Regarding, the Stardust sample though, I think it still is on the DVD.

It's not on the DVD. It was featured VERY prominently on the live broadcast and nowhere to be found on the DVD. :thumbsdown:

Universal sounds promising, look at their work for U2's ZooTV and Popmart tour DVD's.

I am always confused why people credit the distributing label for things it really has little to do with. The DVD executive producer and main artist have more say on the content and creative direction than the label. And in Madonna's case, Universal will only be mass producing the DVD in its plants and shipping them to retailers.

Confessions Tour on CHannel 4 kept the crucifix scene in, and DWT on Channel 4 did have the Stardust sample DVD definitely has it muted out. And in dont recall POW signs either,

well...i hope LN will follow tradition of the last two DVDs, that they will have live CD recording as CT or RI have....i m also expecting that it will have the best sound ever like bjork has on her DVDs....also...some extra staff like minimum 45 minutes of reharshal or backstage sceens or acts with britney, pharell, justin....you know...people will buy if its not emty and borring....ofcours there should be a video like it was for DWT holliday.....i don t care wich song...but it must be live footage....so people can get interesed....and such.....my opinion that photo galleryies are the most stupid bonus material....

hm....it would be great to see some mix with beat goes on with all footage from tour....not one show but all staff....from all tracks and some special things that happened on the road...you know what i meen?

hehe

sweet dreams are made of this....

Guest dicktracy
It's not on the DVD. It was featured VERY prominently on the live broadcast and nowhere to be found on the DVD. :thumbsdown:

Yep, that was the first thing I notice when I saw the DVD for the first time... where was the Stardust sample?? I wonder if they'll do the same and 'tone down' the sample from Put Your Hands Up For Detroit...

what they did with u2 is incredible, I wish madonna had something like that with her live dvds :drool:

I listened, guess you mean the clapping sound that's the main beat of "Control Myself"? They do sound similar but not sure if it can be considered as a sample.

I insist on this because there is a new version of DAD Interlude and there is a sample from J.Lo's and it sounds EXACTLY THE SAME

Guest dicktracy
Anyone have a link to the original, Stardust sample DWT Holiday broadcast? I have it on VHS somewhere....

Here's the NY show, you can clearly hear the sample after 2:13.

Guest nothingfails0603
Yay for being positive. :thumbsdown:

well, probably is good to be cynical and play Devils Advocate. In S&S's favor, LiveNation wants to squeeze out every penny they can make off their deal with M, so 100k DVD's give or take is still another $2 million or so to earn.