Madonna To Do Mini Tour Summer 09 In London / other cities?

moe

Apparently some fans here only live to see Madonna breaking records, appearing on radio playlists and outselling everyone else's, or at least other female artists' albums.

Well it seems that there are a lot of fans like that in this forum. Some fans are happy for Madonna to do something completely shit as long as it outsells everyone else or smashes some record its fucking stupid.

Guest hot revolver

as a madonna fan, i love to see someone i support break records. it adds to their legend and i want other people to recognize this great talents

im sorry if u dont support her unconditionally and want her to do well but i do so dont jump down my throat for my queen

Another tour is worthless if Celine breaks the record, starting all over gain. A 2nd leg for SS Tour is a must this year, with several dates she keeps the record

I'd rather have a new tour/show than Celine's record broken. And for now Celine has not broken Madonna's record yet!

But if she tours this year it will be a second leg of S&S I'm sure, except she uses the GH release as a excuse to tour in 2009.But I don't see this happening. "Madonna-The Greatest Hits Tour" I don't think so. It would look like she retires.

Why is everybody so obsessed with Celine breaking the record or not?

yeah... I really don't like it... if Celine breaks it, fine... at least we know she had to extend just to break it... but maybe we're not just used to MADONNA doing "extended" tours... if she regains the record, it should only be of secondary importance... what's important now is she go to cities that she never went to in the first leg... like the inclusion of Australia, Asia, Africa

and Middle East...

i am not familiar with other artists touring habits but how long do they take a break before continuing again? Is the 3-4 months gap, the usual gap?

^ Hmm maybe the 3-4 months gap is usual but i think it depends on the act and the availability and all that shit especially after what Cher has done. She stretched that gap so far apart that anything less doesn't seem unusual anymore.

Guest boytoyville
yeah... I really don't like it... if Celine breaks it, fine... at least we know she had to extend just to break it... but maybe we're not just used to MADONNA doing "extended" tours... if she regains the record, it should only be of secondary importance... what's important now is she go to cities that she never went to in the first leg... like the inclusion of Australia, Asia, Africa

and Middle East...

i am not familiar with other artists touring habits but how long do they take a break before continuing again? Is the 3-4 months gap, the usual gap?

Yes it is for very long tours. Look on wikipedia for tours of major acts such as U2 and the Rolling Stones among others. There is a few months gap inbetween legs. Even Kylie took a substantial break in betweem legs this time not to mention Janet taking over 3 months of a break before going to Japan. I think Madonna fans are spoiled by the fact that Madonna plans rigerous tours that hit an insane amount of different markets and does an incredible amount of shows in such a short amount of time. That has always been her strategy which is smart cost wise if you are going to do a production of only 60 shows or less. Her touring history is much different than anyone elses on her level or even beneath.