Madonna To Do Mini Tour Summer 09 In London / other cities?

moe

The Mirror had a bit about her wanting to perform so that she could win back British fans after the Miles Away flop and the album performing way below COADF.

The Daily Mirror? That's a reliable source! :bruised:

http://www.wowowow.com/post/liz-smith-liza...9543?page=0%2C1

Liz Smith:

In any case, Madonna’s tour, which grossed $250 million last year, might still play a few more dates.

Well, she has to make back that $65, $72 or $95 million she shelled out to her ex, Guy Ritchie. Look, the girl’s down to her last $300 million.

I am just copying a post of one of my myspace friends...

About 45 minutes ago someone saw a new Madonna Tourlist on the Live Nation site but 10 min.

after that it was removed:

July 1st - Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland

July 4th 2009 - The O2 Arena, London, England

July 5th 2009 - The O2 Arena, London, England

July 11th 2009 - Hampden Park, Glasgow, Scotland

July 14th 2009 - Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg, Sweden

July 16th 2009 - Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark

July 20th 2009 - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia

July 23rd 2009 - Strahov Stadium, Prague, Czech Republic

July 25th 2009 - Bercy Arena, Paris, France

July 28th 2009 - The O2, Berlin, Germany

August 1st 2009 - Helsinki Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland

August 3rd 2009 - Valle Hovin, Oslo, Norway

August 6th 2009 - Stadium Puskas Ferenc, Budapest, Hungary

August 8th 2009 - San Siro, Milan, Italy

August 10th 2009 - Stade Gerland, Lyon, France

August 13th 2009 - Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

August 15th 2009 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain

August 18th 2009 - Stade de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland

August 20th 2009 - Olympic Stadium, Munich, Germany

August 23rd 2009 - Maksimir Stadium, Zagreb, Croatia

August 26th 2009 - Usce Park, Belgrade, Serbia

August 29th 2009 - Lia Manoliu Stadium, Bucharest, Romania

September 1st 2009 - Peace and Friendship Stadium, Faliro, Greece

September 5th 2009 - Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey

September 12th 2009 - Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan

September 15th 2009 - Kyocera Osaka Dome, Osaka, Japan

September 24th 2009 - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia

September 26th 2009 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia

September 29th 2009 - Telstra Dome, Melbourne, Australia

October 3rd 2009 - Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

*dies in a multi-ribbon dressing, gay rope-jumping, shoulder-pad wearing coma if Croke Park happens*

So are you back in the Emerald Isle then, Hafo? I thought you had become an honorary American!

I read about this supposed tourlist earlier and was VERY sceptical. I didn't realise it was leaked from LiveNation's site though. :shock:

I don't believe it, but even if true I don't think I could go to Hampden Park. Worst venue EVA. I was dragged along to a Robbie Williams concert there and it was the worst concert experience ever. Not cause of him, but getting out of there was an absolute nightmare, it's in the middle of a resedential area and access to get out is impossible. It's not like I can easily get out of there and jump on the underground like you do at Wembley Park. Awful.

If she does do this tour, I wonder if there's the minute possibilty she'll do any new material, as I read on Stuart Price's Wikipedia page that her next album is due for 2010, produced by Price, Pharrell and Marius De Vrie. :confused:

That schedule looks plausible, but why so few dates for Australia? She could easily sell out several stadium shows in one locale - the way these are arranged, there isn't much room to add additional dates.

What irritates me the most are the dates in London, Paris and Berlin. First of all she played there last year. All dates were stadiums. Why do they downsize to venues with a capacity of around 17.000? If true, prices will be astronomical, must be around EUR 500,00. :shock:

And why so few dates in Australia? I guess it´s fake.

Madonna will ALWAYS play London, Paris and at least 1 city in Germany. She always posts big numbers at the box office in those cities, just look at the figures

Harbors posted for S&S. Also they are her major markets beside the US. Madonna is a businessman she would foolish to those skip cities.

I'm gonna Pray For that Glasgow date to be true.

I'm there, if it is.

She's never played Scotland (expect the wedding :doofus:) and I don't expect her to start now! In fact, after the wedding I thought she'd never come back, must stir some lovely memories. :bad: I do hope so too.. someday! Despite me loathing that venue so much. :voodoo:

2009 seems too soon, quite odd. Every year she toured The Daily Record claimed she would play Hampden or Murrayfield.

Madonna may be playing at this year's Glastonbury Festival, reports have suggested.

The singer is said to be concerned about her profile in the UK after her split from British husband Guy Ritchie. Her latest single 'Miles Away' also bombed in the charts.

According to The Mirror, Madonna is now looking to line up some UK dates in an attempt to get the public back on her side.

Does anyone believe this? How have the public turned against her particularly? Not as if Guy's much liked, but he's not seen as a Heather Mills figure. Miles Away wasn't given any promotion whatsoever, so I doubt that's a reflection of her being hated.

A tour is possible, but that sure as hell wouldn't be the reason. Recouping Guy's divorce money might. :demonic:

Guest Danny86
Miles Away wasn't given any promotion whatsoever, so I doubt that's a reflection of her being hated.

Of course it's not. People who don't know how the chart works just had a field day with saying "Madonna flopped" while she had a lot of that, especially in the 90s.

Anyway, the Australian tour was officially denied a few weeks back, and after such exhausting Europe with stadium dates, I doubt she'd tour before the end of 2010 there.

Madonna will ALWAYS play London, Paris and at least 1 city in Germany. She always posts big numbers at the box office in those cities, just look at the figures

Harbors posted for S&S. Also they are her major markets beside the US. Madonna is a businessman she would foolish to those skip cities.

I know that. What I was confused about was actually the size of the venues in relation to the number of dates that are scheduled and the fact that there is only room for another date without having any conflicts. So the question is: why should she play 2 concerts with a smaller audience and therefore smaller revenues (if she doesn´t raise ticket prices) if she could play 1 stadium date again?

I know that. What I was confused about was actually the size of the venues in relation to the number of dates that are scheduled and the fact that there is only room for another date without having any conflicts. So the question is: why should she play 2 concerts with a smaller audience and therefore smaller revenues (if she doesn´t raise ticket prices) if she could play 1 stadium date again?

actually it makes sense, i dont thik she could play stadium again

Maybe the stadiums in some cities were booked for sporting fixtures.

If she plays the 02 in London she will post big numbers. It hold around 18,000 and most of the seats give good views also there is room for 4 dates there.

Someone posted this on allaboutmadonna:

Carlos says: January 15, 2009 at 6:40 pm "Hi, my name is Carlos and i work for Madonna’s tour crew, i drive the 18 wheeler trucks with the stage, props, wardrobe etc and i have been contracted to do so again mid year in Europe, Japan and Australia. Madonna will be touring these countries this year with her S&S Tour. The tour will have a few new costumes and a revised setlist (less songs from Hard Candy). Contracts are currently being signed in Europe for London, Milan and Belgrade shows. Tour Dates for the European leg will be announced next month, Japan and Australian dates will follow at a later date…"

Is she really touring this year again? whats the point, why so soon?

Carlos says: January 15, 2009 at 7:32 pm Spanish Lesson is the only song that will be replaced for now, the song will be replaced by either Open Your Heart or Dress You Up, That is all i know, more songs from Hard Candy may be dropped in the future but at this point it is only Spanish Lesson.

Carlos says: January 16, 2009 at 2:41 am i am not sure about the DVD it may be released in March in the US still as Madonna is not touring the US, Canada, Mexico or South America this year, she is only touring different European cities to last year except arena shows in London, Paris and Berlin. Also Madonna is touring Japan and Australia this year.

Guest Danny86

^I believe those are all old rumours and just the summary of the dates we saw the other week.

I don't get why people keep on hammering Australia when it was officially confirmed that the Madonna dates fell through there. She's not going there and of course it would be totally fucked up if she toured other places but kept on blaming "weak Australian dollar".

REUTERS:

"A second cousin twice removed of the auntie of the step sister of a half brother of a lorry driver who moves tour equipment has confirmed that the tour is going ahead. For double confirmation, the old woman who works in the supermarket up the road also clarified this."

REUTERS:

"A second cousin twice removed of the auntie of the step sister of a half brother of a lorry driver who moves tour equipment has confirmed that the tour is going ahead. For double confirmation, the old woman who works in the supermarket up the road also clarified this."

I guess its official then.

Someone posted this on allaboutmadonna:

Carlos says: January 15, 2009 at 6:40 pm "Hi, my name is Carlos and i work for Madonna’s tour crew, i drive the 18 wheeler trucks with the stage, props, wardrobe etc and i have been contracted to do so again mid year in Europe, Japan and Australia. Madonna will be touring these countries this year with her S&S Tour. The tour will have a few new costumes and a revised setlist (less songs from Hard Candy). Contracts are currently being signed in Europe for London, Milan and Belgrade shows. Tour Dates for the European leg will be announced next month, Japan and Australian dates will follow at a later date…"

Is she really touring this year again? whats the point, why so soon?

'Carlos' is one of the pseudonyms of christineh1780 who's already been booted from Madge Tribe and Madonnalicious for making stuff up and posting things under different aliases to support her lies. She got the idea from ditaluver's post at the bottom here: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?...24475&st=40

Also, the list of dates from 'Lesbi Skankersons' post are fake