Madonna To Do Mini Tour Summer 09 In London / other cities?

moe

i do have a friend who was hired for the past 3 tours to drive the 18 wheelers with the stage, props, wardrobe, etc...and they have been contacted about doing such again in 09, for madonna.

at first, I said no way....but all these rumors...and hired staff saying something? something must be going on

Hmmmm interesting.

You better hire a body guard !

You don't want to piss off the aussie fans,, they are on the edge as it is ! LOL

Who? Caked Up Baby Shit? Oh he doesn't care.

This is getting really intriguing although I hope it's not a straight re-run of the S&S tour. If she did play the O2 I would be on for that. Prince rocked the place and you could see throughout the whole show even though he is tiny!

Guest boytoyville
Why play festivals if there is nothing serious to promote? A waste of time and energy. And moneywise? What do they pay artists at those festival? I doubt they can afford to pay her regular fee. Which brings me back to the question why should she do it if there is nothing to promote.

It promotes the brand Madonna that is the thing. It's not about the fee. Do you think she did Coachella because she got millions? No, it's because it gets here in papers as a headling act and exposes her to a new younger audience that probably wouldn't see her otherwise.

It promotes the brand Madonna that is the thing. It's not about the fee. Do you think she did Coachella because she got millions? No, it's because it gets here in papers as a headling act and exposes her to a new younger audience that probably wouldn't see her otherwise.

Coachella was some kind of preparation or even promotion for CT. Therefore it made sense to me. But I don´t see anything she needs to promote this year. And to expose her to a younger audience? I didn´t know she needs to. Sounds rather desperate to me and therefore she wouldn´t do it.

The bit about trying to win back the affections of the British public after splitting with Guy is rubbish. Nobody hates either of them. They got divorced fairly amicably. I've not seen the press trash either of them neither. It's completely different to Heather Mills and Macca where everybody knew she was a gold digger. It will make no difference to Madonna when Guy releases Sherlock Holmes. We don't take sides cos he's British and she's not.

If anything, she would have had to make up for the technical hitches, behaviour of the staff and the thousands stranded when the tube closed at Wembley which affected a lot of fans but I don't she would do that.

Glastonbury would make sense as it would get her to a broader audience and probably have a similar effect as the wave of positive comments after Live8. However, if she does play, I expect we will get Ray of Light, Hung up, Music and Like a Prayer. Again!

The Mirror had a bit about her wanting to perform so that she could win back British fans after the Miles Away flop and the album performing way below COADF.

The bit about trying to win back the affections of the British public after splitting with Guy is rubbish. Nobody hates either of them. They got divorced fairly amicably. I've not seen the press trash either of them neither. It's completely different to Heather Mills and Macca where everybody knew she was a gold digger. It will make no difference to Madonna when Guy releases Sherlock Holmes. We don't take sides cos he's British and she's not.

If anything, she would have had to make up for the technical hitches, behaviour of the staff and the thousands stranded when the tube closed at Wembley which affected a lot of fans but I don't she would do that.

Glastonbury would make sense as it would get her to a broader audience and probably have a similar effect as the wave of positive comments after Live8. However, if she does play, I expect we will get Ray of Light, Hung up, Music and Like a Prayer. Again!

And to expose her to a younger audience? I didn´t know she needs to. Sounds rather desperate to me and therefore she wouldn´t do it.

uhm....did u happen to pick up a copy of Hard Candy or hear that 4 Minutes song :nocomment:

Coachella was some kind of preparation or even promotion for CT. Therefore it made sense to me. But I don´t see anything she needs to promote this year. And to expose her to a younger audience? I didn´t know she needs to. Sounds rather desperate to me and therefore she wouldn´t do it.

[cough] 4 Minutes/Justin/Timbaland/Britney/Hard Candy [/cough]

i wonder though if its for the greatest hits promo will she be doing a bunch of mini shows featuring only the hits? that would be very interesting

Guest dicktracy
Why play festivals if there is nothing serious to promote? A waste of time and energy. And moneywise? What do they pay artists at those festival? I doubt they can afford to pay her regular fee. Which brings me back to the question why should she do it if there is nothing to promote.

If she puts a great show she's promoting herself as a great live act and maybe it will help her sell more tickets when she goes on tour again.

If she puts a great show she's promoting herself as a great live act and maybe it will help her sell more tickets when she goes on tour again.

Promoting herself as a great live act? I thought this is common knowledge already. There is nothing she needs to prove anymore when it comes to putting on a great show.

It will help her to sell more tickets? I didn´t know she was in need. In the end 99% of tickets for S&S were sold.

uhm....did u happen to pick up a copy of Hard Candy or hear that 4 Minutes song :nocomment:

I was referring to the rumour she would play at a festival like Glastonbury, no matter how "prestigious" this festival is. As far as I remember she never did play any festival without having something to promote.

wouldnt it be some greatest hits thing to go along with the new Greatest Hits album ?

Madonna's idea of a 'greatest hits' setlist for a mini-show:

Intro: "Music" megamix

"Music"

"Ray of Light"

"Holiday"

"Don't Tell Me"

"Hung Up"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Die Another Day" (at which point she shouts to the audience: "Do you wanna go back in time? WAY BACK in time? I said, DO YOU WANNA GO WAY BACK IN TIME?"

"4 Minutes"

Outro: "Music" megamix reprise

Madonna's idea of a 'greatest hits' setlist for a mini-show:

Intro: "Music" megamix

"Music"

"Ray of Light"

"Holiday"

"Don't Tell Me"

"Hung Up"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Die Another Day" (at which point she shouts to the audience: "Do you wanna go back in time? WAY BACK in time? I said, DO YOU WANNA GO WAY BACK IN TIME?"

"4 Minutes"

Outro: "Music" megamix reprise

:lmao: :lmao:

OKAAAY, NOW IS THE PART WHERE I DO AN OLD SONG...and i take requests

*lawyer turns up on stage*

blue_haired_lawyer_1.jpg

"MY CLIENT MS CICCONE PENN RITCHIE FORTENSKY RODRIGUEZ JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR JOLIE PITT will take requests but the following eras are banned , anything from True Blue, Whos That Girl (music from the motion picture) and her VAST COLLECTIOn of B SIDES and any other popular songs, if you dont choose EXPRESS YOURSELF you are all in contravention of Kabballah Law Subsection 4B..CARRY ON"

I dont care as long as se brings back her MATERIAL GIRL FROM THEBLOND AMBITION 1990 WORLD TOUR DRESSING GOWN with "M" on it..

Also note how NIKKI obviously was cheap and decided to SWIPE hers and wear it all the time, cos in TGS interview before opening night she was wearing it when interviewed by STEVE BLAME from MTV

OKAAAY MOTHERFUCKERS, WHO WANTS TO HEAR SOME MORE ???

I SAID DO YOU WANT TO HEAR SOME MORE ?

WELL TOUGH SHIT, THAT WAS YOUR LAST SONG (Remix of AINT NO BIG DEAL) IM OFF TO BED NOW TO READ MY ZOHAR