RIO DE JANEIRO - December 14/15 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

Guest dicktracy

Brazil is considered a developing nation, not a third world country; that would be Haiti and Somalia. But that the country is a plutocracy is evident by this debacle.

i live here i know what this shit is like LOL :lmao:

A VERY good source told me that Steven Klein will be shooting Madonna along with 4 male models in Brazil.

The shoot will take place in a huge house. Madonna told Steven that she wants a lighthearted theme, nothing serious like her previous photoshoots with him.

All this continet (Except USA And Canada) it's the Third World

i agree

3rd world country term might be innacurate and technically incorrect (since the end of cold war), but the reality is the same, no matter how much we try to cover it up with nice neighbourhood and malls and big buildings, even if you look at the numbers, there are some big economies, but when you live here the social differences are obvious and outrageous and the poverty is still in extreme levels in most countries. The label doesnt make a difference.

anyway, still is a big market for concerts and im happy Madonna was able to make it, and she better remember 2 most important things, she can make a lot of money and her fans adore her here (money and ego boost all in one package!)

Brazil is considered a developing nation, not a third world country; that would be Haiti and Somalia. But that the country is a plutocracy is evident by this debacle.

Absolutely.

This is a expensive concert for Brazil and we must not forget that without these sponsors, the concerts wouldn´t happen at all here. It´s obvious too that they want visibility with the concert. Business are business, let´s not be childish.

Were there any VIP lounges in Buenos Aires and Santiago?

I really don't know because i don't live there. And Argentina don't have money as Brasil has. Maybe Chile, but the interest in Madonna there is much less bigger than in Brasil. Madonna equals marketing and visibility for the companies. That's why Louis Vuitton just paid U$9 million to her. If i worked in one of the concert sponsors i would invite as many vips as i could get. This is so obvious it's pointless to discuss.

I'm a journalist who has been working in the fashion business for some time and i really know that money makes the world go round. Simple as that. So i'm pleased that there will be vip lounges, it means that there will be concerts to be seen.Anyway, i don't want that this turns into a political debate.

No matter what: after 15 years, we will have Madonna - today.

i agree

3rd world country term might be innacurate and technically incorrect (since the end of cold war), but the reality is the same, no matter how much we try to cover it up with nice neighbourhood and malls and big buildings, even if you look at the numbers, there are some big economies, but when you live here the social differences are obvious and outrageous and the poverty is still in extreme levels in most countries. The label doesnt make a difference.

One interesting observation about Rio when I visited there is how sharply segregated the rich and poor seem to be. The scenery is drastically different depending on which side of the mountain you happen to be. On the one hand, you have these favelas. Then you crossed this tunnel and suddenly it's the Rio you see on postcards.

I really don't know because i don't live there. And Argentina don't have money as Brasil has. Maybe Chile, but the interest in Madonna there is much less bigger than in Brasil. Madonna equals marketing and visibility for the companies. That's why Louis Vuitton just paid U$9 million to her. If i worked in one of the concert sponsors i would invite as many vips as i could get. This is so obvious it's pointless to discuss.

Well, you should - because the answer will make or break your argument. ;)

I'm a journalist who has been working in the fashion business for some time and i really know that money makes the world go round. Simple as that. So i'm pleased that there will be vip lounges, it means that there will be concerts to be seen.Anyway, i don't want that this turns into a political debate.

Ha! So you're saying that as Brazil has more money than Argentina and Chile, it's okay to exploit Brazilians and to handle them like shit the way Time 4 Fun did. Really, it's people like you that made De Gaulle once say Brazil wasn't a serious country.

Well, you should - because the answer will make or break your argument. ;)

Ha! So you're saying that as Brazil has more money than Argentina and Chile, it's okay to exploit Brazilians and to handle them like shit the way Time 4 Fun did. Really, it's people like you that made De Gaulle once say Brazil wasn't a serious country.

This discussion is boring and i'm giving a fuck to what Charles de Gaulle ever said.

Now, let us prepare for what really interests.

People just can't have fun...

This discussion is boring and i'm giving a fuck to what Charles de Gaulle ever said.

You only think it's boring because you don't have arguments. You've just tried to justify the unjustifiable and you just can't do that without going under scrutiny.

But have fun, you young right wing Brazilian fashion journalist! :lol:

You only think it's boring because you don't have arguments. You've just tried to justify the unjustifiable and you just can't do that without going under scrutiny.

But have fun, you young right wing Brazilian fashion journalist! :lol:

No, it's only because after fucking 15 years Madonna is coming back and some people like you just can't enjoy the moment. I don't want to keep on loosing energie on this right now. This is going nowhere, Brasil is the way Brasil should be rigt now, as the world, as Madonna. Or maybe you want to go back and discuss the origins of modern western cultures blablabla. The world is a big "plutocracy", if you expand your point of view. And Madonna is part of the american way of life = capitalism, let's not forget. Again, let's not be naive.

Then, I don't consider vip lounges any kind of exploitation, altough I myself paid more than U$1.000 to see her 3 concerts in SP and some are going for free with all the luxury. Music is business, Madonna = money. Let's move on and keep this thread focused now...

It's fucking Madonna back again in Brasil and it's better her shake her ass beautifully here!!!

Edited by axisvor

Then, I don't consider vip lounges any kind of exploitation, altough I myself paid more than U$4.000 (considering the currency right now) to see her 3 concerts in SP and some are going for free with all the luxury. Music is business, Madonna = money. Let's move on and keep this thread focused now...

I'm speechless. Really. :manson:

No, it's only because after fucking 15 years Madonna is coming back and some people like you just can't enjoy the moment. I don't want to keep on loosing energie on this right now. This is going nowhere, Brasil is the way Brasil should be rigt now, as the world, as Madonna. Or maybe you want to go back and discuss the origins of modern western cultures blablabla. The world is a big "plutocracy", if you expand your point of view. And Madonna is part of the american way of life = capitalism, let's not forget. Again, let's not be naive.

Then, I don't consider vip lounges any kind of exploitation, altough I myself paid more than U$1.000 to see her 3 concerts in SP and some are going for free with all the luxury. Music is business, Madonna = money. Let's move on and keep this thread focused now...

It's fucking Madonna back again in Brasil and it's better her shake her ass beautifully here!!!

:manson:

I'm speechless. Really. :manson:

Thank God.

All this discussion leads me to think how much animosity there is between people in this forum. Especially coming from some who considers their word the world's absolute truth.

All this discussion leads me to think how much animosity there is between people in this forum. Especially coming from some who considers their word the world's absolute truth.

And you think yours is the absolute truth, ha! How can you expect to be well treated when all you say is crap? Feel free to leave then.

i think we might have some pics if she adventures into Rio postcards. i wonder if she will wear a wig like she did in 1993 :1251:

Oh i remember that! She totally looked like a Gun's n Roses groupie!

Guest dicktracy
Oh i remember that! She totally looked like a Gun's n Roses groupie!

:lmao::lmao:

Do you mean a cheap crack whore?? (Sorry for the redundancy...)

:lmao::lmao:

Guest dicktracy
the media reports that Madonna plans to visit a favela! :dramatic:

Maybe she's doing it for a new documentary.

BTW, wasn't there a report that she was considering adopting a Brazilian girl since the adoption of the Malawi(an?) or Indian girl did not work?