HOUSTON - November 16 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Guest jamesshot

Guest jamesshot
She was over two hours late hitting the stage!

The stage itself was smaller then what many fans sitting near me were used to. A few fans in floor B paid several thousand each for their first row tickets and felt ripped off becuase they had obstructed views of the stage!

Our tickets were 2nd row in floor B but we were lucky since our seats were #7 and #8 so we could see around the curtain at the edge of the stage. Definitely not worth what I paid though. :(

Luckily, my camera has great optical zoom so i snapped some cool pics.

Sorry to hear that. I think they shortchanged the stage length for the big M's on both sides.

Guest TheJoker

Yeah, those Big "M"s at each end of the stage was infuriating. I can only imagine how people sitting left of me in section B felt much less people in floor A.

Guest jamesshot
I will upload to myspace tomorrow...

James, I will be burning all the pics and footage for you on a CD.

You rock Eddie!

Guys, Eddie is so sweet and cool. He bought me one of the lithographs! Thank you Eddie!

Guest jamesshot

Forgot about Guy Oseary.

Well, he did not mingle before the concert like he usually does( not that we saw). But towards the end of the concert, he came down the aisle next to us and jumped the barrier by the catwalk and went backstage. FUCKER!

I wanted to tell him to thank her for coming back to Houston.

Forgot about Guy Oseary.

Well, he did not mingle before the concert like he usually does( not that we saw). But towards the end of the concert, he came down the aisle next to us and jumped the barrier by the catwalk and went backstage. FUCKER!

I wanted to tell him to thank her for coming back to Houston.

I saw him jump to the audience from the barrier on the main stage in front of block C about 30 minutes before the show started. It was funny seeing him in "real life".

Though my Section, C, was kinda lame Section D and E were better.

Damn, we ended up being in the same section!! It's a shame I didn't know you were there beforehand or I would've tried to find you. I would've been easily recognizable as well, I was rocking my "VENEZUELANS DO IT BETTER" t-shirt LOL.

Guest TheJoker
I had a great time! I finally got to meet some of my Madonna friends! Here is a picture of a few MadonnaNationers...

DSC01681.jpg

That's my friend Patricia, she does not post here but is a visitor, followed by Mirwais72, Lesbi (me) and Jamesshot!

Hey, I chatted briefly with the guy wearing the grey and orange sweatshirt. My wife and I arrived early(stadium wasn't open yet) and he was taking pictures through a window at an entrance while Madonna was getting ready for the show (doing sound checks etc). I didn't think it was worth taking pics since I thought it would be hard to tell if it was her. He assured us it was, (and it was her). Small world.

Guest TheJoker

The front row of section C looked like a bunch of faked tanned trust fund brats and their sugar daddies to me.

I did take some great pics (Thank you 10x zoom!) and several videos. How do I post them?

Guest confessedit

what an amazing show and an incredible night...the highlight for me was Like A Prayer...I still get chills thinking about it. Her performance of that song just took me into another realm. I've seen Madonna 12 times live now. And I am still in absolute awe of this woman's energy. I think she dances more in Sticky and Sweet than she ever has. I mean she does NOT stop moving during this show.

I didn't think that Confessions could/would be topped for me...BUT..I am pretty sure that Sticky is my all time favorite tour now. The set list really worked. The colors were brilliant. Her dancing was beyond. And Madonna seemed to be so happy and sweet. I did notice that sister was working some shit out during She's Not Me...that knocked my socks off. I will post a play by play review later today.

Guest confessedit

Here's a recap of my Houston experience:

The evening began around 5pm...a group of friends and I met at a pre party at Post Oak Girl on Milam St in downtown. Had a few cocktails. Caught up a bit. Some of us had not seen each other in ten years. It was amazing. My friend Brian, Groove Honey, won the tshirt contest for Houston and got front row seats.

Arrived at the Minute Maid Park around 7 p.m. It was slow to fill up. A dj spun music for a while and then nothing....it seemd like an eternity..the crowd was building...everyone ready for the Queen. 50,000 people all ready to see what M had up her sleeve. Finally a black SUV pulled up next to the stage. 5 minutes later the lights went down. The huge M's on the side of the stage lit up to pink.

Time for the show......the candy began.

Candy Shop...our first glmpse of the Queen on her throne. Very befitting. She winked at the crowd. Everyone lost it. Not my favorite song, but a good opener none the less. She looked incredbile.

Beat Goes On...the car was just sick!! Another great performance. I started to realize that this show was going to fly by.

Human Nature...I thought this version worked very well in the show. The Britney video was good, but i couldn't peel my eyes from Madonna.She said "I'm Not Sorry...Houston"

Vogue...Oh My Fucking God..the base rattled my bones....M's dancing was INSANE...killer costumes...killer moves...One of the best Vogue performances ever!!

Into The Groove...how she managed to jump rope, sing, and dance is beyond me. Loved the Keith Herring screens. Very fun vibe.

Heartbeat...One of my favorite HC songs...loved it live....her booty got DOWN

Borderline...Huge audience sing a long...great energy....a BIG crowd pleaser in Houston...made me like the song again

She's Not Me...WOW...WOW...WOW...is all i can say...Madonna worked some demons out to this one....AMAZING energy...

Music...another crowd pleaser...she could give the song a rest as far as I'm concerned

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You...great visuals with the rain screen...great vocals...very moving...made me think that this song MUST be about Guy..

Spanish Lesson...fun

Miles Away...great sing a long from the audience

La Isla Bonita...great energy...love the costumes...

You Must Love Me.....made me tear up..and her face looks so sweet singing it....the lyrics grabbed my heart...i wondered if she was thinking about Guy while singing it...it was incredible...sad...moving...touching....just full of emotion..Beautiful

4 Minutes...I'm over the song

Like A Prayer...thought i'd died and gone to heaven. the rave costume works live....it looked hot..i can not describe what this song did to me...it was surreal

Ray of Light...HUGE crowd pleaser...i did not find it a copy of the Confessions performance like many stated...i loved it

Hung Up...i enjoyed the guitar version

Give It To Me...I thought I'd jump through the ceiling of the Minute Maid Park...i couldn't jump higher or scream any louder...that song if a fucking anthem.

All in all....My favorite Madonna show yet. So full of color...of energy...of joy...of love...madonnna did it BIG

Guest TheJoker

Here are 27 of the 500 pics I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17968008@N08/...57609376277591/

Btw: Madonna toned down her political stuff. She did play one song while videos showed leaders of Iran, China and people suffering followed by video of what she views as "the good guys" John Lennon, Al Gore, and finally Obama. She didn't play video attacking John Mcain as being just as bad as known terrorists that I was told she showed prior to the election and she never made any political comments that I know of. Just a short video that praised a few well known libs but didn't attack any Republicans.

Edited by TheJoker

Here are 27 of the 500 pics I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17968008@N08/...57609376277591/

Btw: Madonna toned down her political stuff. She did play one song while videos showed leaders of Iran, China and people suffering followed by video of what she views as "the good guys" John Lennon, Al Gore, and finally Obama. She didn't play video attacking John Mcain as being just as bad as known terrorists that I was told she showed prior to the election and she never made any political comments that I know of. Just a short video that praised a few well known libs but didn't attack any Republicans.

well, Obama won, so i can´t see the point in attack Mcaine...

Guest jamesshot
Damn, we ended up being in the same section!! It's a shame I didn't know you were there beforehand or I would've tried to find you. I would've been easily recognizable as well, I was rocking my "VENEZUELANS DO IT BETTER" t-shirt LOL.

How long are u in town? Maybe we could all meet up this Friday or something. Yep, I was in C row 19. I saw some other people in Sec C out at this club called Guava Lamp. We were like " I saw you in Section C!!!!!!!!!!!!!". It was funny.

Guest jamesshot
Here is a minute and a half of "You Must Love Me" along with Jamesshot's "SING IT".... :doofus:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YEEEEEEEEEES! Thank you! Were is the rest of it? :) I wanna hear that extended note she does!

Guest jamesshot
Here is the end of Human Nature and a half of Vogue, you can hear Jamesshot scream!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOLOLOLOL oh wow. You hear my horrible singing voice too!