LOS ANGELES - November 6 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

moe

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Because of the stage roof issues there will be no round screen that comes down for parts of the show (Rain, Devil, LAP, Get Stupid, etc.)

S&S might not go down in Madonna folklore as one of her greatest shows but the tour will interestingly remembered for a couple of things.

1. The greatest number of technical fuck-ups since BAT. Sound issues, ticket refunds, roof collapsing... and those fucking screens. How many times have they played up now? Perhaps Guy has a voo-doo doll and is cursing her?

2. The number of deviations from the original show. RIT and CT were pretty much standard from city-to-city whereas on this tour we've had a tribute to Obama, different request songs each night, a Pharrell performance and now Britney and Justin.

S&S might not go down in Madonna folklore as one of her greatest shows but the tour will interestingly remembered for a couple of things.

1. The greatest number of technical fuck-ups since BAT. Sound issues, ticket refunds, roof collapsing... and those fucking screens. How many times have they played up now? Perhaps Guy has a voo-doo doll and is cursing her?

2. The number of deviations from the original show. RIT and CT were pretty much standard from city-to-city whereas on this tour we've had a tribute to Obama, different request songs each night, a Pharrell performance and now Britney and Justin.

I actually like that element of surprise. People have criticized her last few tours for being too regimented and distant.

Guest madonnafan06

ok both britney spears and timberlake r gonna b performing...britney with human nature, timberlake with 4 minutes, both performing with her 4 Give it 2 Me finale

I actually like that element of surprise. People have criticized her last few tours for being too regimented and distant.

Me too. It keeps me interested in every single date of the show (where as before I'd just glaze over until she reached my city where I was seeing her).

The roof thing sucks though. I am glad it was working in Chicago - it's the whole idea of that which makes "Devil" work so well.

It also makes it difficult to put together a tour DVD. It'd be nice if it includes unique footage from the different cities, especially for special guests like Pharrell and Britney. I'm hoping Live Nation (or whoever is putting together this DVD) will be more generous than WB.

from x17.com

don't know if this is just Madonna trying to build up the audience for the big show, but her fans are starting to get pissed!!

It's 9:30 and the show, which was supposed to start at 7!!!, hasn't started yet! WHAT IS UP????!!!!!!

Is Brit freaking backstage? Is Madonna pulling a diva move?

Celebs are arriving - J Lo just arrived and people on the floor are standing on their seats trying to catch a glimpse.

But our guys inside the stadium say the crowd is getting anxious and starting to boo!

Stay tuned ...

What's the big delay?

Breaking News: Obama to Attend Madonna's L.A. Show?

18978.gif

Fans heading to Madonna's Thursday night show at Dodger Stadium got a big surpise yesterday when news broke that Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were making surprise appearances on stage. But leave it to Madonna to up the ante with an even better, and shall we say, presidential addition to her show.

OK! has learned there is a strong possibility that President-elect Barack Obama may be joining Madonna at tonight's concert.

We will bring you the latest information as we get it in, so stay tuned!

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/10140

Calling bullshit on that one, but still...