18-Nov Detroit, USA - Ford Field

20-Nov Philadelphia, USA - Wachovia Center

22-Nov Atlantic City, USA - Boardwalk Hall

week 3

24-Nov Atlanta, USA - Philips Arena

26-Nov Miami, USA - Dolphins Stadium

week 4

4 more weeks...

between the concert and upcoming holiday sales, this album may very well surpass 750k-800k when all is said and done! at least itll be better than AL!WAY better by 2days sales standards. Im just so happy this will not be lowest selling album everr in the US.

Dance music is not about being gay or straight. Its just music. Im pretty much sure that most gay men would probably love non-dance artists such as Beyonce and Mariah.

There have been some hugely successful dance singles released by pop and urban artists over the last 3 years. Dance music has been appreciated by many people other than gay.

The fact that the US is ageist is well known, but both cyndi and Donna are pretty much unheard of outside the gay scene everywhere, not only in the US. Most people in the world arestraight too, we are a minority, so why should radio stations play gay dance music more?

800k? i doubt it - might sell 6k most each week upto xmas.

between the concert and upcoming holiday sales, this album may very well surpass 750k-800k when all is said and done! at least itll be better than AL!WAY better by 2days sales standards. Im just so happy this will not be lowest selling album everr in the US.

Madonna is a lot older than MC -we will see where MC will be at in 5 years.

well, AL might've shot her in the foot, but look at Mariah. Glitter was commercial suicide as well but yet radio was ready to embrace her again come Emancipation Of Mimi, yet radio still refuses to forgive her for AL even tho AL did slightly sell more than Glitter

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

Jesus Christ, I find the fact that the Confessions Tour re-charted REMARKABLE, excellent work on Madge's part!

Guest nothingfails0603

regarding the old, long-standing "radio is ageist" argument. Explain why AC/DC's album sold more albums in one week than Katy Perry has all together with two smash hit singles? AC/DC is another example about why radio needs to stop counting old people out as "oldies touring artists" when they're selling more than artists radio is shoving down our throat... especially the "rock" groups like Panic At The Disco and the sort that is all over rock radio now.

regarding the old, long-standing "radio is ageist" argument. Explain why AC/DC's album sold more albums in one week than Katy Perry has all together with two smash hit singles? AC/DC is another example about why radio needs to stop counting old people out as "oldies touring artists" when they're selling more than artists radio is shoving down our throat... especially the "rock" groups like Panic At The Disco and the sort that is all over rock radio now.

I think the success of AD/DC has to do with the age of their fans. My father is 57 and a fan, so he buys the CD. He has not downloaded a thing in his life. Also, AC/DC fans waited for years for new stuff, they were hungry for it. I think it is totally normal that they are that successful right know.

Weeks on the Billboard 200 for Madonna's albums:

Madonna: 168 weeks

The Immaculate Collection: 141 weeks

Like A Virgin: 108 weeks

True Blue: 82 weeks

Ray Of Light: 78 weeks

Like A Prayer: 77 weeks

Music: 55 weeks

Erotica: 53 weeks

Bedtime Stories: 48 weeks

Confessions On A Dance Floor: 37 weeks

Something To Remember: 34 weeks

Evita (2-disc): 30 weeks

Who's That Girl: 28 weeks

Hard Candy: 27 weeks so far

I'm Breathless: 25 weeks

You Can Dance: 22 weeks

GHV2: 18 weeks

American Life: 14 weeks

The Confessions Tour: 6 weeks

I'm Going To Tell You A Secret: 4 weeks

Evita (single disc) 4 weeks

Remixed and Revisted: 1 week

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

Like last week or something. It would be cool if Hard Candy could surpass COADF in longetivity of the top 200. I think it might, but definitely it might not.

oh well.

thanks for the clarification!

btw did either COADF or TCT see a surge with this years Grammy win?

^I think fak meant *recently*- of course it chared there upon initial release. Joey, you said "re-cgarted"- YCT hasn't been anywhere near the BB 200 in recent times.

Weeks on the Billboard 200 for Madonna's albums:

Madonna: 168 weeks

The Immaculate Collection: 141 weeks

Like A Virgin: 108 weeks

True Blue: 82 weeks

Ray Of Light: 78 weeks

Like A Prayer: 77 weeks

Music: 55 weeks

Erotica: 53 weeks

Bedtime Stories: 48 weeks

Confessions On A Dance Floor: 37 weeks

Something To Remember: 34 weeks