Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

Guest Danny86
Madonna seems too eager to wash her hands off Warner Bros. I highly doubt she could be arsed to record new songs for a re-release.

I think doing that would go against the way Madonna makes her albums. When she collaborates with someone for an album, she gets the most out of it, so I don't think she'd be inspired to go back to them just a few months after. If she got together with some producer, she'd be aiming to make another new album, not an extension of the previous. She could use some outtakes, but they weren't good enough for the album in the first place, wouldn't that be losing quality control if she decided they were good for a re-release?

And of course with a few stadium shows she already outgrosses what a re-release would give her at this point...

Guest demitri

Okay, I'm taking it that HC was an album that sold 700K in the US, about 3+ million worldwide

In th US she had a strong first single, second and third singles that brought her to new lows (and we thought she'd hit rock bottom with the AL ones).

There might be a few more releases, singles, tour dvds or what have you but the area is reaching the end of its live in the spotlight and is gonna join Madonna's big wall of past releases.

My last wish for this era is for there to be no documentary!

Truth or Dare was amazing, IGTYAS was nice to me but never really got any attention. If she does something now, she's going to be universally branded a cam whore and no one's going to pay attention to it no matter what she has to say!

As unlikely as it is I hope she starts on a whole new era with Live Nation somewhere in 2009.

Guest superman
Okay, I'm taking it that HC was an album that sold 700K in the US, about 3+ million worldwide

In th US she had a strong first single, second and third singles that brought her to new lows (and we thought she'd hit rock bottom with the AL ones).

There might be a few more releases, singles, tour dvds or what have you but the area is reaching the end of its live in the spotlight and is gonna join Madonna's big wall of past releases.

My last wish for this era is for there to be no documentary!

Truth or Dare was amazing, IGTYAS was nice to me but never really got any attention. If she does something now, she's going to be universally branded a cam whore and no one's going to pay attention to it no matter what she has to say!

As unlikely as it is I hope she starts on a whole new era with Live Nation somewhere in 2009.

by 2009, thats too early, if we are hoping and wishing for next madonna album/project, that would be take a while, she will rest for 2 years, like 2 or 3 years no album from her. But hey, there is another single coming out from Madonna, the one she had with Timbaland and Timbaland i heard he gonna released it next year 2009. its called la,la,la. thats cool!!

HC should be at 695,000 by the end of the year.

Through 11/30 it was 682,150. I would imagine that she could pull off the following:

Tracking week ending:

12/7/08 3,000

12/14/08 3,000

12/21/08 3,000

12/28/08 2,000

Which is 693,150, plus the New Years week can put it at 695,000. Obviously this is all estimated.

Guest jamesshot

I bought 2 Hard Candy copies( one for me and one for my 7 year old neice who loves Madonna) and 1 COADF ( for her). There were hardly any copies of HC anywhere. Not saying it was selling just that no one really has it in stock.

In fact, Madonna's sections at Wal-Mart and Best Buy here were nearly empty yet everyone else's were stuffed full. At Best Buy, there were only 2 HC's. 2 COADF, 1 IC, 1 IB and 1 TB. That's it.

HC should be at 695,000 by the end of the year.

Through 11/30 it was 682,150. I would imagine that she could pull off the following:

Tracking week ending:

12/7/08 3,000

12/14/08 3,000

12/21/08 3,000

12/28/08 2,000

Which is 693,150, plus the New Years week can put it at 695,000. Obviously this is all estimated.

it would probabaly be more like this cause of xmas

Jan: 3k

it would probabaly be more like this cause of xmas

Jan: 3k

I agree. Mariah's latest sold over 4k last week and Hard Candy has been trending above that LP for months now (largely thanks to the tour though).

Madonna seems too eager to wash her hands off Warner Bros. I highly doubt she could be arsed to record new songs for a re-release.

Since when she's willing to record a new song for a re-release? never. Madonna, LAV, TB & Music, all these re-releases gets 0 new songs.

But then again, she may change her mind in the future. Like what she always say "Never say never".

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone knows HARD CANDY album was voted as the best album of all time from PEOPLE's Magazine? any link......?

No, you must be thinking of People's critics favorites for 2008. Hard Candy came in at #3 I think.

HC now will adjust to post-holidays sales, so it should see a decent decline. For 40K in 2009, that's an average of 769/week. If there's a DVD and such, that could help the album a little bit. I'd think 30K-40K is a possibility.

Guest nothingfails0603

It will be interesting to see if it holds on as strongly as COADF has in the past 2 years or if it fades down to >100 a week as fast as American Life did.

We also won't have a new Madonna studio album this year, which often gives a nice boost for the preceding album. All we'll have is the tour DVD (I hope) and new GH, which isn't much really. Maybe a Grammy win of some sort and the tour being televised are the only other things I can think of that may help HC this year.

Guest nothingfails0603

if anything the new GH will be bad since it's likely 4M will appear on it, so there'll go a lot of casual purchases, much like GHV2 killed Music

Guest superman

A performance perhaps in the forthcoming Grammy and / or another single (4rth)

anways, i think, its the end of HC era this year. what im looking for is another Madonna' single she had made with Timbaland you'll never know this might be included in next Madonna's best collections 3.

Edited by superman

A performance perhaps in the forthcoming Grammy and / or another single (4rth)

anways, i think, its the end of HC era this year. what im looking for is another Madonna' single she had made with Timbaland you'll never know this might be included in next Madonna's best collections 3.

me too, that song that he has on his new CD, I hope it´s a single with its own video

Guest superman

source: absolute madonna sites.

Rumor : Madonna will announce second leg of Sticky & Sweet Tour early this year visiting Australia, Japan, Europe, Turkey and Israel. The tour will run from May - September 2009.

The show will have a few different costumes and a revised setlist including Dress You Up.

Madonna is currently in talks to play in Belgrade, Serbia in August 2009, confirmation is coming soon. Madonna’s crew have mentioned to fans in Brazil that they have been contracted to begin a second leg of the S&S tour in Australia in May 2009 and finishing in Israel in September 2009. Madonna will tour Australia, Japan, Different European cities to 2008 Sticky & Sweet Tour’s cities, Turkey and Israel. Confirmation for the dates will either by announced in Janaury or Febraury 2009 by Live Nation.

so if this true - her album HC continues....maybe another single from her album..