Madonna - Sticky And Sweet Down Under?

TOUR2008

Madonna - Sticky And Sweet Down Under

Local News, By Christian Taylor, 28th October, 2008

First Madonna was coming to Australia. And then she wasn’t coming. Now this morning on Channel Seven’s Sunrise Molly Meldrum confirmed that Madonna is infact bringing her Sticky And Sweet Tour to Australia after all, and it could be as early as January 2009.

According to Sunrise there are two promoters fighting over Madonna right now, and ticket prices are yet to be confirmed. It’s also unknown whether she will bring the entire stage and production elements of the Sticky And Sweet Tour, or if it will be a scaled back version of the show.

Media reported on the last round of negotiations, alleging that Madonna was offered “millions of dollars” to play two stadium gigs in Sydney and Melbourne. Whether the current offers will see her touring to more Australian cities remains to be seen.

Madonna hasn’t toured here since her Girlie Show in November 1993.

Guest confessedit

yes, the Aussies deserve a few dates with the Queen....I hope it's true...she really seems to be enjoying this tour....would be awesome if she extended it

???????

This news is from today..and you go to the Janrt thread from that link.

i replied to a post 2 weeks ago in the janet thread that someone made about madonna getting 3 tour legs to janets 1 tour leg. i posted that there would be a 4th for madonna and that it would be australia.

Guest Pud Whacker

First Madonna was coming to Australia. And then she wasn't coming. Now this morning on Channel Seven's Sunrise Molly Meldrum confirmed that Madonna is infact bringing her Sticky And Sweet Tour to Australia after all, and it could be as early as January 2009.

According to Sunrise there are two promoters fighting over Madonna right now, and ticket prices are yet to be confirmed. It's also unknown whether she will bring the entire stage and production elements of the Sticky And Sweet Tour, or if it will be a scaled back version of the show.

Media reported on the last round of negotiations, alleging that Madonna was offered "millions of dollars" to play two stadium gigs in Sydney and Melbourne. Whether the current offers will see her touring to more Australian cities remains to be seen.

Madonna hasn't toured here since her Girlie Show in November 1993.

i knew this would happen and im so happy for the australian fans. :thumbsup:

First Madonna was coming to Australia. And then she wasn’t coming. Now this morning on Channel Seven’s Sunrise Molly Meldrum confirmed that Madonna is infact bringing her Sticky And Sweet Tour to Australia after all, and it could be as early as January 2009.

According to Sunrise there are two promoters fighting over Madonna right now, and ticket prices are yet to be confirmed. It’s also unknown whether she will bring the entire stage and production elements of the Sticky And Sweet Tour, or if it will be a scaled back version of the show.

Media reported on the last round of negotiations, alleging that Madonna was offered “millions of dollars” to play two stadium gigs in Sydney and Melbourne. Whether the current offers will see her touring to more Australian cities remains to be seen.

Madonna hasn’t toured here since her Girlie Show in November 1993.

cool!

huh..wonder what that would look like ??

there's really not much to scale down without changing the entire show really...maybe the catwalk would be gone and everything would happen on the main stage?

if she's gonna bring part of the show she might as well bring it all

i'm so happy for you australians! i think we in the states (especially in bigger cities) take for granted that she'll be somewhere nearby at some point

Guest harbors

First Madonna was coming to Australia. And then she wasn't coming. Now this morning on Channel Seven's Sunrise Molly Meldrum confirmed that Madonna is infact bringing her Sticky And Sweet Tour to Australia after all, and it could be as early as January 2009.

According to Sunrise there are two promoters fighting over Madonna right now, and ticket prices are yet to be confirmed. It's also unknown whether she will bring the entire stage and production elements of the Sticky And Sweet Tour, or if it will be a scaled back version of the show.

Media reported on the last round of negotiations, alleging that Madonna was offered "millions of dollars" to play two stadium gigs in Sydney and Melbourne. Whether the current offers will see her touring to more Australian cities remains to be seen.

Madonna hasn't toured here since her Girlie Show in November 1993.

:clap:

wowowoowowow :clap: australian fans deserve it. :clap:

Guest Mogadonna

Im not holding my breath, Madonna has promised us a tour for years and negotiated with promoters here and we have gotten nothing but false promises.

Guest Mogadonna

I wonder what the assholes on this forum opinions are of this? you know the people who think it's funny that Madonna doesn't tour Australia..

I'm happy for the Australian fans. I feel like this tour is TGS new step sister. Madonna's doing stadiums and I get to see her in one. This is actually what she should've did for Los Angeles, during GS, just give us one stadium date and bounce.

Guest bluejean
I'm open minded about it - they added the Japanese dates to CT way after the original schedule so it could be true but the comment about scaling back the production makes me think it's gossip.

Me too.

Unless they just mean without those giant M's?

Perhaps it just means they are weighing up the cost of bringing the production over vs how much they'll make. But if its going to Japan as well that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I think like most Australians, I won't believe it until I see an actual advert or official confirmation.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I hope it's true guys!!!

For us in Europe or USA there's always a chance to see her somewhere not too far and accessible...

I've got good friends in Melbourne and they are dying to see her live, I'm sure there's 10 of thousands who would buy a ticket the minute it comes out, Auzzie's shows would be a sold out, no doubt...

Fingers crossed for you, the show is really entertaining and I hope you'll get the chance to see it...

Guest bluejean

Aussie shows would definately sell out.

Even though alot of people say negative things about Madonna here, almost everyone says they would "still go and see her live."

Although we'll see how they feel once they see the ticket prices :lol:

The only bad thing is, I've watched hundreds of youtube videos and downloaded heaps of media files of the tour as I did with RIT and CT and have now seen the show so many times over the last 2 months it's like I could perform it myself, no surprises for me if she comes to Australia, well except maybe the "request song"

When I saw GS, I'd seen "Fever" and "Vogue" on the news in reports and had no idea what was on the setlist, imagine my horror when she rolled out "I'm going bananas" lol ah the good old days

Guest Mogadonna
The only bad thing is, I've watched hundreds of youtube videos and downloaded heaps of media files of the tour as I did with RIT and CT and have now seen the show so many times over the last 2 months it's like I could perform it myself, no surprises for me if she comes to Australia, well except maybe the "request song"

When I saw GS, I'd seen "Fever" and "Vogue" on the news in reports and had no idea what was on the setlist, imagine my horror when she rolled out "I'm going bananas" lol ah the good old days

I always thought I'm Going Banana's was the perfect prelude to La Isla Bonita.