COADF (album and singles) around the World Charts

Guest Hafo

Total to date: 7,334,000 + 42,000 = 7,376,000.

it's a good thing it's in the top 40, otherwise another 40K of sales got wasted and not reflected in its all-time tally... when she tours Europe, we should expect this to pick-up right? I mean, Europeans get more encouraged to buy Madonna stuff after concerts

it's a good thing it's in the top 40, otherwise another 40K of sales got wasted and not reflected in its all-time tally... when she tours Europe, we should expect this to pick-up right? I mean, Europeans get more encouraged to buy Madonna stuff after concerts

Gosh, I hope so. I think there is still plenty of room for more sales in the U.K. - which could be a boon when the tour touches down there in 10 days.

Guest demitri
I just want to see it reach 8M... :angel:

I thought it already hit 8M, just that they haven't updated the total sales tally?

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Media Traffic tracks sales from 23 countires...

It's hard sales WORLD WIDE are a little over 8 million and it's shipments will hit 9 million eventually...

UK UPDATE w/e 22 July 2006

096 (100) Hung Up (29wks Top 75/36wks Top 200)

109 (110) Sorry (15wks/21wks)

071 (48) THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION (229wks/600+wks)

094 (97) CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (28wks/35wks)

099 (52) I'M GOING TO TELL YOU A SECRET (3wks/4wks)

:angel:

Guest jamesshot

I am a tad surprised COADF has fallen so far down the UK charts. I mean shit, it is only doing slightly better than in the US.

Guest Beautiful Stranger
I am a tad surprised COADF has fallen so far down the UK charts. I mean shit, it is only doing slightly better than in the US.

It rebounds to #57 in the UK this week :lol:

yeah but the album has sold over a million there u know what thats like compared to the US? :vogue: How much do u guys want the album to sell 2 million in England? :lol: She has sold amazingly with this album.

Thank u and good night~~~~!

I thought it already hit 8M, just that they haven't updated the total sales tally?

uhm, i was actually referring to the figure to goes below the titles being posted...

Guest defying gravity
I hope when she tours populated cities in Europe, she can muster another 1M copies there.... I soooo want this to be a 10M-seller

Come on! It will be lucky to stabilize the sales.

Come on! It will be lucky to stabilize the sales.

MADONNA albums usually climb in the UK when she tours...

Remember TIC even getting as high as TOP 20s?

UK UPDATE - w/e 29 July 2006

singles

045 (new) Get Together (1 wk) (charts as download #36 download chart up from #54)

099 (96) Hung Up (29wks Top 75/37wks Top 200)

106 (109) Sorry (15wks/22wks)

albums

057 (94) CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (29wks/36wks)

GT debuts at 17 in Ireland this week.

That's very good for a 3rd single from M. It would have done better if the tour stopped off here.

Not sure about confessions! It's sold well here, over 4xP last I heard. It may jump up the chart next week, all the hype from the UK tour may help album sales here!

Guest Moskovit

I wanna say smth. about COADF sales in Russia

180000 copies sold in Russia, as was reported here previously, is not confirmed. It's Sniper who called this number, as if somebody from Souys (company-representative of Warner Music in Russia) told him COADF has sold so much, but actually it's not confirmed. :boxing:

I guess COADF has sold 100000 copies in Russia, but not more.

The market of legal physical albums decreased significantly last year, because of internet piracy (there are several sites in RUnet, where you can download albums for free), Russia went down from the 7th music market in the world in 2004 to the 15th-17th, don't remember exactly, in 2005 because of that.

In only reliable Russian albums sales chart – InterMedia (which includes info from several music retailer’s nets: Soyus, M-video, Monolit, Misteria Zvuka) COADF in January was only on #8 - #11 positions not enough to be huge seller. (I can’t find out it’s positions in November 2005, December 2005, February 2006 and so on, cause you have to pay for the info, and you can get charts for free only once, as I did in January).

Guest Beautiful Stranger

COADF had sold 180,000 by the end of December, before it was that low on the chart...

I remember the weekly updates from that chart that were in the COADF thread at the old forum before it crashed :)

Guest Moskovit

I also remember those updates, made by Sniper, and I said then that this number - 180000 is inflated (the same as it was with COADF numbers in Brazil). In December COADF legal copy coasted about 15 - 17 Euros, how much people do you think preferred to buy legal copy instead of pirate one, that coasted only 3-5 Euros, or instead of downloading it for free.

I started to speak about it again, because this year she didn't even receive nomination for best selling foreign album in Russian RECORD (РЕКОРД) music awards, as she did with her ROL and Music albums. (This award is internal industry award based on sales only) Together with decreasing of Russian legal music market it is not a good sign.

Guest Moskovit

I'll be glad, if I'm not right. May be SOYUZ will call an official COADF sales number in Russia, when / if she comes here in september :doofus:

Moskovit,

180.000 it's total for Russia (over 100.000) + neighbours (USSR)

even COADF legal copy coasted about 15 Euros it was the best selling international album in November/December in Russia and Ukraine!

also ukrainian newspaper "MK" confirmed this figure

also I have recived info from Russia that all COADF copies has been imported from Germany - that's why she didn't receive nomination for best selling foreign album in Russian RECORD music awards((( This award is only for russian record-companies

Guest Moskovit
Moskovit,

180.000 it's total for Russia (over 100.000) + neighbours (USSR)

even COADF legal copy coasted about 15 Euros it was the best selling international album in November/December in Russia and Ukraine!

also ukrainian newspaper "MK" confirmed this figure

also I have recived info from Russia that all COADF copies has been imported from Germany - that's why she didn't receive nomination for best selling foreign album in Russian RECORD music awards((( This award is only for russian record-companies

I don't think it's important for RECORD awards whether the disks are imported or Russian re-prints, Lots of other artists disks are imported too, for example Enya's - A Day Without Rain was also imported, but it was not a problem for her to receive nomination in 2001.

So, you agree about 100000 copies shipped in Russia, it's good

But 80000 for neighbors, I don't think so,

In Ukraine there are only 3 local artists that has crossed 50000 mark with their albums during last 5 years (Anni Lorak, Ocean Elyzi and Ruslana) , so obviously COADF couldn't sell 40000 copies there at Nov-Dec (as you've written earlier), then it'd sell 10000 more during the first half of 2006, and 50000 in total, so we would hear about it, but it didn't happen.

I think for such price she sold maximum about 20000 of COADF copies in Ukrain.

And were else COADF could sell 60000 of other copies? The only country, where COADF could sell smth. is Belarus, but not more than 5000 at its best.