COADF (album and singles) around the World Charts

Guest Hafo

The only way is UP! :clap:

It's climbing in most of the major markets in Europe and I wonder why. In some markets, like the UK, it climbed over 50 spots. Only because it's discounted everywhere?

This week in Canada:

COADF

94-73

While these leaps are fun to see, I am not so sure all these chart jumps are necessarily huge increases in copies being sold. Remember, sales are very low this time of year everywhere - so titles that have lower percentages of loss seem to rise rapidly.

^As in the case of the UK, it climbed in position but the sales dropped. I think overall sales for this album has dropped these two weeks but not as much as other albums. On the other hand, something "strange" is going on in France.

5xplat in Europe is impossible. But it's nice if the album is catching up with mimi. :D

I wonder how the mimi fans say when MediaTraffic have both albums the same sales.

I think it is for the week ending January 6, which IFOP has not published a chart for yet on their website. If it's correct then it is the week following the NRJ broadcast of the tour. I'm not sure if that is solely responsible or not because the TV special didn't have this kind of effect anywhere else (that I know of).

However, this is France and Madonna has worked miracles here before (i.e. American Life)

yes, is at number eleven now :wow: and I guess is due to the broadcast of the tour...

5xplat in Europe is impossible. But it's nice if the album is catching up with mimi. :D

I wonder how the mimi fans say when MediaTraffic have both albums the same sales.

5xP is not out of the question. Isn't it already at 4xP in Europe? And COADF is still on the charts...

I've been following chart updates for over ten years and I've never heard of mid-priced charts except in this thread. :confused:

And doctorjosh, COAD was certified 4xplat only a couple of months ago. This album will NOT be certified 5xplat even if it's #38 for half a year in the Eurochart! Not to say it will most probably fall out of top100 in two months time! :|

And doctorjosh, COAD was certified 4xplat only a couple of months ago. This album will NOT be certified 5xplat even if it's #38 for half a year in the Eurochart! Not to say it will most probably fall out of top100 in two months time! :|

I know. It'd be nice though! And one can always hope...

I've been following chart updates for over ten years and I've never heard of mid-priced charts except in this thread. :confused:

Coadf didn't receive the 4th Platinum a couple of months ago, but at the beginning of September and this means more than 4 months ago. The fifth one is not just round the corner but in March/April it is more than possible.

Italy sales single chart ( FIMI NIELSEN ):

Jump nr 7 ( -5 )

Only for info :

Italy radio airplay chart ( FIMI NIELSEN ):

Robbie Williams - She's Madonna at nr 2

Coadf didn't receive the 4th Platinum a couple of months ago, but at the beginning of September and this means more than 4 months ago. The fifth one is not just round the corner but in March/April it is more than possible.

How many weeks the album have been in top 10 in the past four months? 1? 2? or 0? How about top 20? top 40?

I realise there was a Christmas rush in the past four months. Yet I don't think the album has sold anything more than 200,000 in the said period. And how many copies do you reckon it has sold last week when it reached #38?

How many weeks the album have been in top 10 in the past four months? 1? 2? or 0? How about top 20? top 40?

I realise there was a Christmas rush in the past four months. Yet I don't think the album has sold anything more than 200,000 in the said period. And how many copies do you reckon it has sold last week when it reached #38?

I believe the European albums chart is a points-based chart, it is not like Soundscan where titles are listed by how many copies they sold that week. So the chart itself is not a good barometer of what Confessions is actually selling in Europe. I think for that you need to look at individual territories - which it has been holding on in some sizable markets (UK, Italy and France).

I'm not sure this would equate to a 5x platinum certification in the near future, but with healthy catalog sales it could reach that plateau within the next couple years.

I don't remember any album in Europe being re-certified 2 years or more after the release date (Maybe Jagged Little Pill? Automatic for the People?). There have been a handful that got re-certified after a year - James Blunt's, Coldplay's, Celine Dion's etc. Mostly because their 4th or 5th single keeps the album floating. I'm afraid it's not the case for COAD, as much as I want it to be. This rebound is not for long.

I don't remember any album in Europe being re-certified 2 years or more after the release date (Maybe Jagged Little Pill? Automatic for the People?).

All of these albums are two years old (or older) and got new certs just in 2006 alone:

From IFPI:

Scissor Sisters (Scissor Sisters) 3x

The Story So Far (Rod Stewart) 2x

Parachutes (Coldplay) 4x

OK Computer (Radiohead) 3x

Greatest Hits (Robbie Williams) 5x

Well, good to know.

But I reckon three of them are MEGA-critically-acclaimed albums with great word-of-mouth and will keep on selling in the coming tens of years. The other two are greatest hits.

Of course I'll be happy as much as you guys do if it's certified 5xplat. I just don't expect it will happen in 2 years time.