The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Nope. AL is around 335,000 copies or something and HC just crossed 310,000 this week. However, on the plus side, it took American Life 37 weeks to hit 310,000 copies in the UK, and it has only taken Hard Candy 27 weeks to do the same, so it is trending to go higher.

Thanks for that!

C listed? better than nothing...

think its means at least one play a day i think ,i cant see it going more than b-listed although i didnt expect radio 1 to play this one at all so i'm pleased with that

I'm having this horrible feeling that MA could be Madonna's first single since the start of her career to miss the UK top 20. This cannot be allowed to happen!

I'm having this horrible feeling that MA could be Madonna's first single since the start of her career to miss the UK top 20. This cannot be allowed to happen!

I guess it´ll be a top 20, maybe a top 15:if it helps to sell the album, it woudl be ok for me

its spo boring. i thought womanizer would do better in the uk than the states.

I'm not surprise. Womanizer really sucks. I was hopping a better song for Britney's come back.

its spo boring. i thought womanizer would do better in the uk than the states.

I wouldn't be so disappointed. All of the top 4 this week will clear 40k, which has not happened for ages. She could have been number 1 many other weeks, definitely number 2 for the vast majority of the year.

The competition this week is fierce. She has time to go higher. Airplay is just kicking in. Although Beyonce looks set to take over from X Factor in the coming weeks.

Also, a reason for a big increase in sales figures this week, apart from that the top ten are popular, is because there are some fantastic download offers via Tesco and Sainsburys in the UK. Tesco are giving 25% off all downloads if you buy anything in their store, Sainsburys are giving £15 itunes vouchers should someone buy two albums in store.

I said that weeks ago. I also said the same thing about Love Profusion but that didn't have downloads to contend with. MA is doing better on airplay than I expected but it isn't helping to sell the album so it charting will be solely down to fans buying the physical.

For Friday midweeks, the Top 5 singles look like this:

1 X Factor Finalists

2 Beyonce

3 Girls Aloud

4 Britney Spears

5 Leona Lewis

Albums is pretty much the same.

For Friday midweeks, the Top 5 singles look like this:

1 X Factor Finalists

2 Beyonce

3 Girls Aloud

4 Britney Spears

5 Leona Lewis

Albums is pretty much the same.

there are a lot of girls in the top ten! and how come Leone is now top 5 when she was only top 15 s few days ago?

there are a lot of girls in the top ten! and how come Leone is now top 5 when she was only top 15 s few days ago?

Hi - check my post on the 4th november - this explains why Leona has risen.

Beyonce has now overtaken X factor on itunes, they had a huge lead on Sunday. Britney also closing in fast.

Leona has just made the top ten on itunes. Apparently her lowish midweek position is because the song was made available for download a day late but she is way behind for the race for number 2. Remember the only new major player to be released on physical this week is Leona. Beyonce, Britney, Alesha and Christina are just download this week.

So Leona could rise into the top 5, with Britney and Beyonce taking 2 and 3 ahead of GA by Sunday.

thank you! :asian:

by the way, britney and christina are doing better than I thought, i guess with the pshysical release C will be top ten and brintey 2-3

Christina is digital only so she will have to hope that the song continues to build over the coming weeks.

Britney's physical release is the 17.11 so she should stay top 5 as long as digital sales hold up. There are quite a few big songs coming out soon so competition will be fierce and sales will be much higher for top ten than earlier in the year.

Christina is digital only so she will have to hope that the song continues to build over the coming weeks.

Britney's physical release is the 17.11 so she should stay top 5 as long as digital sales hold up. There are quite a few big songs coming out soon so competition will be fierce and sales will be much higher for top ten than earlier in the year.

who is Britneys major competition during the week she releases the physical single?

Singles

01 X Factor Finalists 189,600

02 Beyonce 64,554

03 Girls Aloud 53,754

04 Britney Spears 46,550

05 Leona Lewis 37,889

08 Alesha Dixon 27,683

10 Pink 26,839

===============================

Albums

01 Girls Aloud 85,670

02 Pink 58,120

29 Girls Aloud - Girls Alive 9,637

Im not disappointed LOL

I like Womanizer BUT if it missed the top 75 its not something I would lose sleep over :p

I wouldn't be so disappointed. All of the top 4 this week will clear 40k, which has not happened for ages. She could have been number 1 many other weeks, definitely number 2 for the vast majority of the year.

The competition this week is fierce. She has time to go higher. Airplay is just kicking in. Although Beyonce looks set to take over from X Factor in the coming weeks.

Also, a reason for a big increase in sales figures this week, apart from that the top ten are popular, is because there are some fantastic download offers via Tesco and Sainsburys in the UK. Tesco are giving 25% off all downloads if you buy anything in their store, Sainsburys are giving £15 itunes vouchers should someone buy two albums in store.

According to Haven, Britney's physical is coming out on November 24th and her biggest competition is Katy Perry in that week.

Sorry - yes Britters is out physically on the 24th - also vs Take That.

Beyonce is doing reaally well, I thought Leona and Britney will do better.... I hope Leona flops.... One year ago everyone was saying what a talent she was.... and only 1 year later and.... Well

one year ago everybody was saying she was a talent, and in november 2008 she´s one the best selling singers

Beyonce is doing reaally well, I thought Leona and Britney will do better.... I hope Leona flops.... One year ago everyone was saying what a talent she was.... and only 1 year later and.... Well

Leona perhaps has flopped but she has sold more this week than many previous number ones this year. She will also get a major boost from next weeks X Factor.

Britney is doing great. Promotion is only just starting and she has sold 45k downloads in week 1. That is very impressive.