The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Guest tassilo3001
Miles away is 36 in fridays midweeks! lets all rush out and buy the single so it can become a top 35 SMASH! lol x

hi

is there a chance that ma can climb in the following weeks in the uk??

here in germany we have songs that start at 100 and more than 10 weeks later they are top 10

are the uk charts mixed download,physical and airplay??

so if the airplay would get bigger the song could climb higher??

Yes, it's mixed. The key are digital sales, MA is nowhere in the Top 100 digital. I doubt it will go up with all the new pre-Christmas releases but you never know.

Because I have the song already, so Im not going to buy something that I already have to make rich people richer, I am not a loon. I only buy singles if I like the remixes, or if it has a B-side

Precisely. How can they expect people to buy a completely unpromoted, hugely unattractively packaged single. Pointless. A deserved flop. :thumbsdown: Give It To Me was similarly ill thought out and was very lucky to go top 10 itself.

And you have to worry, like QB says, if this is the end of an era and just the start of a series of half-arsed flops. All the other points like the poor sound at Wembley and her/the record company/LiveNation's cavalier treatment of fans have long been valid.

Which is why she's an act of YESTERYEAR there.

or maybe that the US charts - esp the Hot 100 is no longer relevant or reflective on what people actually buy??

Oooh potential problems for next week's chart!

Shops get emergency CD deliveries

Record companies are taking action to ensure major new albums by Take That and Britney Spears reach shops after a leading CD distributor collapsed.

Woolworths' distribution arm Entertainment UK (EUK) stopped deliveries to stores after the company was put into administration.

The new releases by Britney Spears and Take That, two of the year's biggest albums, come out on Monday.

EUK delivered up to 30% of physical music in the UK, as well as DVDs.

Its customers included retailers Zavvi, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and WH Smith, as well as Woolworths.

Record labels and shops have resorted to alternative delivery methods to guarantee new releases are on shelves on Monday morning.

Guest gintonic
Guys don't you think we are going to far?

Said that i'd like to see her at least at number 35. one place higher than I'm sweet - I'm good - and everyone loves me Kylie!

eheheheheheheheheheh

Kylie Minogue - always be the footnote below Madonna, Celine and Mariah. Period! :nocomment:

or maybe that the US charts - esp the Hot 100 is no longer relevant or reflective on what people actually buy??

Relevant to who? You? The Hot 100 is as close to reflecting what people buy in ages. With Hung Up onwards Madonna singles have done nothing but benefit from the Hot 100's singles sales inclusion.

Yes, and you conveniently forgot that she had her directorial debut this year, went on with her Malawi campaign, embarked on a tour that's gonna gross like $275 million, that's practically getting the best reviews of her entire career and where she's having a blast night after night. Yes, a terrible year. Especially because of some bad press got for the Wembley show, that grossed $11 million...

Ok time for a bit of a reality check, she directed a movie that hardly anybody watched. As for her making $11 million from the Wembley show

well I hope when Live Nation were counting up the money they felt pleased with themselves. They managed to alienate thousands of fan by selling

full price tickets with shitty views that should never have been sold. Add to that the crap sound quality I would pretty much say people in the UK

would be very wary about partying with their hard earned cash in a hurry. Its all very well for Live Nation to gloat about how much money a show has made but it leaves a nasty aftertaste with fans who feel they were ripped off with a sub standard show. If she is wise next time she she tours, she will skip Stadiums and play arenas and employ someone who knows something about sound quality.

Ok time for a bit of a reality check, she directed a movie that hardly anybody watched. As for her making $11 million from the Wembley show

well I hope when Live Nation were counting up the money they felt pleased with themselves. They managed to alienate thousands of fan by selling

full price tickets with shitty views that should never have been sold. Add to that the crap sound quality I would pretty much say people in the UK

would be very wary about partying with their hard earned cash in a hurry. Its all very well for Live Nation to gloat about how much money a show has made but it leaves a nasty aftertaste with fans who feel they were ripped off with a sub standard show. If she is wise next time she she tours, she will skip Stadiums and play arenas and employ someone who knows something about sound quality.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very true mate. Imagine you were a single mother, struggling to make money. Your bills and food prices have gone up because of the economic climate but you've managed to save up, treat yourself and see your favourite artist in concert. You've been looking forward to it for weeks but have to put up with TERRIBLE sound quality and SHITTY views. Then Madonna and Live Nation DENY anything's wrong, make you call their 0870 number to complain and then are REFUSED a refund.

It is DISGUSTING the way they treated fans at Wembley. Which is why I'm not suprised if Madonna has lost at least a third of her British fanbase after this. I for one am glad Miles Away has barely made the Top 40. Until she pulls her finger out of her arse, many will feel the same way.

END OF.

A mother struggling to make ends meet should have more to worry about than saving up to see a pop concert, no matter how big a fan she is. Where kids are involved, NOTHING should take priority. Yes, the mother deserves treats, but there are hundreds of treats that would be more affordable than a pop concert.

Sorry, but I don't like the analogy you used to prove your point, Braby. As for feeling vindicated about MA's chart position, I'm wondering why you took the Wembley situation so personally.

PS: If the situation you have described is your own, I mean no offence.

Guest boytoyville

I hardly believe there will be little demand to see Madonna in the UK on her next tour. :lmao:

Yeah there where a few things that went wrong at Wembely but the papers gave it good reviews and many enjoyed it. Also the sound has been just fine at almost all of the stadiums dates.

A mother struggling to make ends meet should have more to worry about than saving up to see a pop concert, no matter how big a fan she is. Where kids are involved, NOTHING should take priority. Yes, the mother deserves treats, but there are hundreds of treats that would be more affordable than a pop concert.

Sorry, but I don't like the analogy you used to prove your point, Braby. As for feeling vindicated about MA's chart position, I'm wondering why you took the Wembley situation so personally.

PS: If the situation you have described is your own, I mean no offence.

A mother struggling to make ends meet, yet saves up money to go to a pop concert is a fucking idiot. Madonna is not personally responsible for some moron who decided seeing her was more important than their real world priorities.

It does seem a few people here take what happened at Wembley extremely personal, regardless if they were actually affected or not. BIZARRE.

Madonna will do just fine in London for the next tour, and if she decides to skip it, she'll still do just fine.

Flop single, flop marriage, Wembley nightmare are not a fucking career ender.

Guest Danny86
i honeslty think it's kinda bad madonna can't get with big tour miles away as hit in the uk with all divroce controversy. i wish kylie had a single. it would've gotten a #1 by now with little promo.

Just like how "The One" peaked in the lower Top 30 just 3 months ago?

Guest gintonic
A mother struggling to make ends meet, yet saves up money to go to a pop concert is a fucking idiot. Madonna is not personally responsible for some moron who decided seeing her was more important than their real world priorities.

Isnt it interesting how many of the people slagging her off in this thread were not even there!!! :boring:

What are they going to do for the Olympics? :nosey:

UK Charts - Nov 30

Singles

NE -- 01. Greatest Day – Take That (1)

01 01 02. If I Were a Boy – Beyonce (4)

02 04 03. Live Your Life – T.I. feat. Rihanna (4)

03 03 04. Human – Killers (3)

05 05 05. Hot ‘N’ Cold – Katy Perry (10)

05 06 06. The Boy Does Nothing – Alesha Dixon (4)

04 09 07. Womanizer – Britney Spears (4)

01 02 08. Hero – The X Factor Finalists (5)

09 14 09. Right Now (Na Na Na) – Akon (7)

01 07 10. The Promise – Girls Aloud (6)

03 08 11. Infinity 2008 – Guru Josh Project (6)

12 16 12. I Hate This Part – Pussycat Dolls (5)

NE -- 13. We R One – Same Difference (1)

08 12 14. Love Lockdown – Kanye West (10)

15 17 15. Use Somebody – Kings of Leon (10)

01 11 16. So What – Pink (10)

01 13 17. Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon (12)

NE -- 18. Do Ya/Stay With Me – McFly (1)

19 30 19. Papa Can You Hear Me – N-Dubz (2)

05 10 20. Forgive Me – Leona Lewis (4)

14 19 21. If She Knew – Lemar (4)

15 15 22. Rain On Your Parade – Duffy (3)

16 18 23. Dangerous – Kardinal Offishall feat. Akon (9)

24 51 24. Rehab – Rihanna (2)

24 25 25. Breakeven – The Script (7)

05 22 26. Up – Saturdays (7)

02 46 27. Rule the World – Take That (51)

03 27 28. Disturbia – Rihanna (21)

11 24 29. Spotlight – Jennifer Hudson (11)

NE -- 30. Get Up On the Dance Floor/Headz Up – George Sampson (1)

05 28 31. Run – Snow Patrol (13)

01 26 32. I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry (18)

32 35 33. Superhuman – Chris Brown feat. Keri Hilson (6)

03 33 34. Girls – Sugababes (10)

09 23 35. Another Way to Die – Jack White & Alicia Keys (1

07 21 36. Let Your Love Flow – Bellamy Brothers (17)

02 45 37. All I Want For Christmas is You – Mariah Carey (17)

20 20 38. Gotta Be Somebody – Nickelback (3)

NE -- 39. Miles Away – Madonna (1)

09 32 40. Raindrops (Encore Une Fois) – Sash! feat. Stunt (7)

41. (37) CHINESE DEMOCRACY (Guns N' Roses) [No Physical Release]

42. (41) VIVA LA VIDA (Coldplay) [ALBUM TRACK]

44. (62) FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK (Pogues feat Kirsty Maccoll) 31 wks

45. (NEW) HEARTLESS (Kanye West) 1 wk

48. (31) KEEPS GETTIN' BETTER (Christina Aguilera) [No Physical Release]

49. (50) HALLELUJAH (Jeff Buckley)

50. (43) INSOMNIA (Craig David) [No Physical Release]

51. (73) BROKEN STRINGS (James Morrison feat Nelly Furtado) 2 wks

52. (54) RUN (IN THE STYLE OF LEONA LEWIS) (Ameritz) 2 wks

54. (RE)(82) LOST (Coldplay)

59. (RE))(127) PATIENCE (Take That) 10 wks

61. (NEW)(81) MRS OFFICER (Lil Wayne feat Bobby And Kidd Kidd) 1 wk

62. (67) SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT) (Beyonce) 2 wks

63. (61) GRACE (Will Young) 4 wks

64. (RE) NEVER FORGET (Take That)

67. (RE)(124) LAST CHRISTMAS (Wham)

69. (65) CHASING CARS (Snow Patrol) 91 wks

75. (NEW)(119) MY DELIRIUM (Ladyhawke) 1 wk

"Miles Away" is Madonna's 68th hit since her debut "Holiday" in 1984. She has made the top 40 on 67 of those occasions with only the import of "American Life" missing out, landing at #57 in 2003. "Miles Away" is easily her lowest charting single with other smaller hits like "Borderline" having peaked once at #56 in 1984 before re-entering and climbing to #2 in 1986. She has 13 #1 singles to her name and 725 weeks on chart placing her 4th in the all-time table.

Albums

1. (NEW) DAY & AGE (Killers) 1 wk

2. (NEW) CHINESE DEMOCRACY (Guns N Roses) 1 wk

3. (NEW) RHYDIAN (Rhydian) 1 wk

4. (1) SPIRIT (Leona Lewis) 46 wks

5. (NEW) THE PRIESTS (Priests) 1 wk

6. (3) DECADE IN THE SUN: BEST OF (Stereophonics) 3 wks

7. (6) ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Kings Of Leon) 10 wks

8. (8) FUNHOUSE (Pink) 5 wks

9. (5) OUT OF CONTROL (Girls Aloud) 4 wks

10. (7) THE PROMISE (Il Divo) 3 wks

11. (NEW) 808S & HEARTBREAK (Kanye West) 1 wk :1251:

12. (11) UNCLE B (N-Dubz) 2 wks

13. (34) ROCKFERRY (Duffy) 39 wks

14. (13) MY LOVE: ESSENTIAL COLLECTION (Celine Dion) 5 wks

15. (9) 25 - THE GREATEST HITS (Simply Red) 2 wks

16. (NEW) ONLY MEN ALOUD (Only Men Aloud) 1 wk

17. (12) GREATEST HITS (Enrique Iglesias) 4 wks

18. (2) SAFE TRIP HOME (Dido) 2 wks :chuckle:

19. (4) DARK HORSE (Nickelback) 2 wks

20. (NEW) TOGETHER (Salvation Army) 1 wk

21. (10) I AM…SASHA FIERCE (Beyoncé) 2 wks :1251:

22. (17) VOICE OF THE VALLEY – HOME (Fron Male Voice Choir) 3 wks

23. (14) AND WINTER CAME (Enya) 3 wks

24. (18) BLACK ICE (AC/ DC) 6 wks

25. (15) A HUNDRED MILLION SUNS (Snow Patrol) 5 wks :shock:

26. (NEW) THE ALESHA SHOW (Alesha Dixon) 1 wk

27. (16) THE BEST OF (Sash!) 6 wks

28. (25) THE SCRIPT (Script) 16 wks

29. (21) SOUL (Seal) 3 wks

30. (26) YEAR OF THE GENTLEMAN (Ne-Yo) 11 wks

31. (27) GOOD GIRL GONE BAD (Rihanna) 78 wks

32. (19) SOME GUYS HAVE ALL THE LUCK (Rod Stewart) 2 wks

33. (23) SACRED ARIAS (Katherine Jenkins) 6 wks

34. (22) PICTURES - 40 YEARS OF HITS (Status Quo) 4 wks

35. (NEW) MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC (John Barrowman) 1 wk :1251:

36. (28) ONE OF THE BOYS (Katy Perry) 10 wks

37. (20) PEOPLE GET READY (Russell Watson) 2 wks

38. (NEW) PROSPEKT'S MARCH (EP) (Coldplay) 1 wk

39. (74) NEVER FORGET – THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION (Take That) 91 wks

40. (29) LET IT GO (Will Young) 9 wks

:janetflop: of the week: LEMAR and CRAIG DAVID missing the Top 40!

Airplay

01 03 Beyonce If I Were A Boy

02 01 Take That Greatest Day

03 02 Killers Human

04 04 Girls Aloud The Promise

05 06 Duffy Rain On Your Parade

06 05 Alesha Dixon The Boy Does Nothing

07 08 Katy Perry Hot N Cold

08 17 Madonna Miles Away

09 07 Britney Spears Womanizer

10 13 Lemar If She Knew

11 14 Pink So What

12 11 Jennifer Hudson Spotlight

13 28 James Morrison Broken Strings

14 12 T.I feat Rihanna Live Your Life

15 72 Leona Lewis Run

16 09 Script Break Even

17 15 Guru Josh Project Infinity 2008

18 23 Kings of Leon Use Somebody

19 27 Will Young Grace

20 19 Snow Patrol Crack The Shutters

It's interesting that airplay really took off this week. Radio will either drop it like a stone now that the single has underperformed, or digital sales might finally kick in and see the single stick around for a while or maybe even reach a new peak position.

Leona Lewis' Run is already #1 on iTunes, mere hours after its release!

Also climbing on iTunes due to X-Factor: Britney, Miley Cirus and Bon Jovi's Always.