The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

It's sad that some people feel that stealing music is justifiable.

Excuse me, I have supported Madonna for 25 years and spent thousands of pounds

on cds, concert tickets, dvds, magazines etc. I brought GC tickets for the Wembley show and

can honestly say the sound quality was the worst I have ever heard at a concert. For most of the show myself and hundreds of others could hardly hear what she was singing beacause the bass was so distorted. The next day when hundreds of fans complained her spokeperson flippantly brushed it off stating "there was nothing wrong with the sound". I spent £200 on tickets and was not given any kind of refund despite sending 3 emails to Live Nation. From what I understand there are many people who are in the same position. Until Madonna and her team start showing some respect to the people who have put her where she is then I refuse to purchase any more of her music or concert tickets. Live Nation and Madonna (I don't believe for 1 minute she wasn't aware of all the complaints about the Wembley show) feel its justifiable to rip off fans so I feel justified in downloading her music for free.

Back on topic, Yay for the Killers album!

I love the song, I'm going to buy the pic disc if I can get hold of it. Shame it is not being promoted very well though as I think it is a very good pop song and better than anything Leona Lewis chirps out.

I do think Madonna should take a year off too after this mess of a year and get herself together as well as those that manage her business as it has been a balls up all round: awful Wembley show, bad record promotion etc

Still, I can't wait for the next album. Like the other thread, I just want a good pop album minus any hip producers or politics.

It's sad that some people feel that stealing music is justifiable.

just as sad is that for all of M's career Warners have consistently 'ripped' off her own fans, left right and centre?

never been 'value' for money corporate organistion has it? and thats not just aimed at Warners either??

You have jus taken one line of what I have written and twisted it. It has been a bad year for Madonna because of the divorce, a crap Wembley gig which has put some fans and that too after some were put off because of the new album.

:megamanson:

I'm seriously shocked at some comments by supposed fans here. You're talking about Madonna as if she was Janet Jackson.

And so funny how everyone acts like "Miles Away" is Madonna's first ever flop in the UK. Just because "One More Chance", "Love Profusion", "Drowned World" or even "Human Nature" or "WIFLFAG" went to the top 20, it doesn't mean they were any bigger than "Miles Away". Is it so hard to understand that back then the chart moved much faster and everything was frontloaded, while now iTunes makes a lot of lead off singles and hyped up acts sell for months.

If you think that because Madonna missed the top 20/40 with a not promoted 3rd single after 25 years means she's no longer relevant and lost her fans, then good for you.

bring some good news! i dont want to have an x-factor xmas!

Leona Lewis will dominate again the UK market this december. The buzz about her performance of Run 2 weeks ago on x-factor is huge. The song already hit no1 in Ireland due to just digital sales. On Nov.30th the song is available in the UK for download and two weeks later the physical is out. I think it's insane that Dido debuted at no2 because of Leona. The woman has talent.. She might be boring but she's way better than Mariahs and I don't know who else.

Her performance on x-factor was extraordinary

whydo so many of her fans dislike Hard Candyso much?

Well I'm not a fair weather fan - if she were flopping with something good I'd be on side but she's flopping due to her own lack of CREATIVITY and her COMPLACENCY.

Bless you for being a little lamb though, and standing by your queen.

Guest Danny86
You have jus taken one line of what I have written and twisted it. It has been a bad year for Madonna because of the divorce, a crap Wembley gig which has put some fans and that too after some were put off because of the new album.

Yes, and you conveniently forgot that she had her directorial debut this year, went on with her Malawi campaign, embarked on a tour that's gonna gross like $275 million, that's practically getting the best reviews of her entire career and where she's having a blast night after night. Yes, a terrible year. Especially because of some bad press got for the Wembley show, that grossed $11 million...

Guest boytoyville
Yes, and you conveniently forgot that she had her directorial debut this year, went on with her Malawi campaign, embarked on a tour that's gonna gross like $275 million, that's practically getting the best reviews of her entire career and where she's having a blast night after night. Yes, a terrible year. Especially because of some bad press got for the Wembley show, that grossed $11 million...

:thumbsup:

right on!

Anyway, is the UK chart or Miles Away release so important at this moment? The woman is just making history right now AGAIN with her world tour and people are worried about a chart position of a third single release...

I know that this thread is the space for discussing it forever and ever, but looking in perspective, this release right now is meaningless to her career (and so the "flop" some people are so terrified/happy about).

Well,getting Miles Away from here right now!!!

Edited by axisvor

Guest gintonic
whydo so many of her fans dislike Hard Candyso much?

Perhaps you should look within yourself for an answer to your question?

:rant:

Edited by gintonic

Guys don't you think we are going to far?

I'm sorry about a so low position in chart for Miles Away but how could be possible that in a "near" Christmas chart, a single with no video or any kind of promotion will make a top ten?

This is Warner and madonna choice so, we need to respect it.

I'll buying next album and every single single around the world (if they stil make it) as usual a flop or a nc doesn't change my point of you!

Said that i'd like to see her at least at number 35. one place higher than I'm sweet - I'm good - and everyone loves me Kylie!

eheheheheheheheheheh

Excuse me, I have supported Madonna for 25 years and spent thousands of pounds

on cds, concert tickets, dvds, magazines etc. I brought GC tickets for the Wembley show and

can honestly say the sound quality was the worst I have ever heard at a concert. For most of the show myself and hundreds of others could hardly hear what she was singing beacause the bass was so distorted. The next day when hundreds of fans complained her spokeperson flippantly brushed it off stating "there was nothing wrong with the sound". I spent £200 on tickets and was not given any kind of refund despite sending 3 emails to Live Nation. From what I understand there are many people who are in the same position. Until Madonna and her team start showing some respect to the people who have put her where she is then I refuse to purchase any more of her music or concert tickets. Live Nation and Madonna (I don't believe for 1 minute she wasn't aware of all the complaints about the Wembley show) feel its justifiable to rip off fans so I feel justified in downloading her music for free.

:clap:

The UK leg of this tour was an ABSOLUTE :flop: 'selling out' Cardiff with 30,000 tickets and having to refund money on Wembley Stadium which still had tickets available on the day of the concert is NOT a success.

The UK leg of this tour was an ABSOLUTE :flop: 'selling out' Cardiff with 30,000 tickets and having to refund money on Wembley Stadium which still had tickets available on the day of the concert is NOT a success.

Isn't "FLOP" kind of a stretch? I mean, it's not like she's doing Janet-sized U.S. business in the UK.

She still made $17 million off both shows together.

Anyway, glad to hear "Miles Away" will AT LEAST be Top 40. Although, I am not quite sure why Warner even bothered to release it.

Excuse me [snip] Live Nation and Madonna (I don't believe for 1 minute she wasn't aware of all the complaints about the Wembley show) feel its justifiable to rip off fans so I feel justified in downloading her music for free.

It's sad when people feel that stealing music is justifiable. Since when did two wrongs make a right? Stealing is stealing, no matter which way you paint it.

QB, really, why do you continue to insist on labelling massive successes "flops"?

IMO it wasnt a flop, but c'mon, a massive success???? you kidding me?

Back to black, Good girl gone bad and Viva la vida are massive successes, Hard Candy's sales were just adequate globally and very poor in the UK

Back to black, Good girl gone bad and Viva la vida are massive successes, Hard Candy's sales were just adequate globally and very poor in the UK

Rihanna WHORED GGGB with its 23 singles. That's why.

My point was to explain that you need to sell far more than 3 million worldwide to have a MASSIVE SUCCESS

MAdonna can release 23 singles if she wishes, she isnt disabled, she is just lazy with regards to promo and shooting videos

Sticky and Sweet was a flop, then? Right.....

HC is the 6th highest selling album of the year worldwide. If that is indicative of "adequate" sales, what about the 100s of albums that sold fewer copies? Were their sales "inadequate"?

#1 Coldplay Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 5.896.000

#2 Duffy Rockferry 3.873.000

#3 AC/DC Black Ice 3.405.000

#4 Madonna Hard Candy 3.143.500

#5 Metallica Death Magnetic 3.118.000

#6 Soundtrack Mamma Mia! 3.092.000

#7 Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2.968.500

Coldplay Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 5.896.000

Amy Winehouse Back To Black 4.670.000

Duffy Rockferry 3.873.000

AC/DC Black Ice 3.405.000

Leona Lewis Spirit 3.386.000

6) --> Madonna Hard Candy 3.143.500

Metallica Death Magnetic 3.118.000

Soundtrack Mamma Mia! 3.092.000

Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad 3.051.000

Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2.968.500

Its the 6th of the year, but the year isnt finished yet, may be in the top 10

Still, I will repeat again, it didnt say it was a flop, but not a massive success either

and I never said anything about the tour, which was obviously a success overall.

Coldplay Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 5.896.000

Amy Winehouse Back To Black 4.670.000

Duffy Rockferry 3.873.000

AC/DC Black Ice 3.405.000

Leona Lewis Spirit 3.386.000

6) --> Madonna Hard Candy 3.143.500

Metallica Death Magnetic 3.118.000

Soundtrack Mamma Mia! 3.092.000

Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad 3.051.000

Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2.968.500

Its the 6th of the year, but the year isnt finished yet, may be in the top 10

Still, I will repeat again, it didnt say it was a flop, but not a massive success either

and I never said anything about the tour, which was obviously a success overall.

You responded to and quoted my post where I asked QB why he insisted on labelling massive successes as flops and his last comment prior to mine was one in which he declared the UK leg of S&S a massive flop. We seem to be talking about two different things here. You've assumed that I've been talking about HC which, while most definitely a worldwide success, is not a *major* success (next to nothing qualifies for that label these days). Yes, I mentioned it in response to *your* comment, but my original comment was a reaction to QB's comment about the tour. I hope this clears up the confusion :)