The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Sarah who??

Sarah? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

and Take That are idols i the UK... it is the first single, not the third, and has a video, and they will promote it. I dont know about the quality of it, and I dont want to know.

TRUE.

I do want her to be top 10, but even top 40 seems to be difficult.

After 25 years, 62 Top Ten hits and 13 number one songs in the UK, who would have thought that ANYONE would say what you've just said. Truly remarkable that it's come to this.

Oh and might I just add that this cannot be compared to Kylie's The One flopping - we all know that had Kylie been released as a physical she'd have gone top 10, or top 15 at least. Madonna's fanbase in the UK continues to DWINDLE and it wouldn't surprise me if radio uses this as an excuse to not playlist her from now on.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

guys, the album was released a long time ago, the concert has been done in UK, the song is not that good, there´s no appeal right now for people to buy it.... it´s really ok if it makes the Top 40.

guys, the album was released a long time ago, the concert has been done in UK, the song is not that good, there´s no appeal right now for people to buy it.... it´s really ok if it makes the Top 40.

Which is why the release is POINTLESS

I hope the press jump on the bandwagon and do all our coverage of MADONNA FLOPPING :lmao:

QB, you're a very strange character. You seem to be genuinely delighted that for the first time *ever* a Madonna single is going to miss the UK Top 20. You were forced to eat your words when your dire predictions for the previous two singles failed to eventuate, but now it seems as though you're hell bent on blowing your own trumpet because you *finally* got it right.

As for Kylie being guaranteed at least Top 15 for The One if it had been released physically, I doubt it - In My Arms barely made it to the Top 10, so the next release was never guaranteed anything. Perhaps your true colours are shining through now ;-)

QB, you're a very strange character. You seem to be genuinely delighted that for the first time *ever* a Madonna single is going to miss the UK Top 20. You were forced to eat your words when your dire predictions for the previous two singles failed to eventuate, but now it seems as though you're hell bent on blowing your own trumpet because you *finally* got it right.

As for Kylie being guaranteed at least Top 15 for The One if it had been released physically, I doubt it - In My Arms barely made it to the Top 10, so the next release was never guaranteed anything. Perhaps your true colours are shining through now ;-)

Please, Queen Bitch is one of the FEW that speaks with sense and intelligibility around here.

I'm sorry but face facts. You can't excrete a steaming pile of turd and expect it to reach the upper echelons of the major music markets without any promotion or video. That's not how the business works. Would you expect to get a job if you didn't bother turning up for the interview? The DIRE chart placing of Miles Away is WELL DESERVED. And her UK fan base will unfortunately continue to dwindle if she continues to release such shit - and then have the AUDACITY to expect the British public to PAY to download/buy it, especially when money is tight.

Hard Candy has been UNPROFITABLE since the release of GITM.

And, I might echo the words of the lovable cultural commentator Paul Morley, someone else who speaks SENSE, shortly after the release of American Life, that Madonna needs the cultural equivalent of HRT to pull her out of this MESS.

Luckily COAD saved her career, which was part ingenuity, part FLUKE.

She might not be so lucky next-time round.

Guest gintonic

Remixes??

:rolleyes::electropop:

Please, Queen Bitch is one of the FEW that speaks with sense and intelligibility around here.

I'm sorry but face facts. You can't excrete a steaming pile of turd and expect it to reach the upper echelons of the major music markets without any promotion or video. That's not how the business works. Would you expect to get a job if you didn't bother turning up for the interview? The DIRE chart placing of Miles Away is WELL DESERVED. And her UK fan base will unfortunately continue to dwindle if she continues to release such shit - and then have the AUDACITY to expect the British public to PAY to download/buy it, especially when money is tight.

Hard Candy has been UNPROFITABLE since the release of GITM.

:clap::thumbsup:

I think I'll write to Gordon whatshisname at The Sun and suggest he mentions this in his Bizarre column. :demonic:

Guest gintonic
And, I might echo the words of the lovable cultural commentator Paul Morley, someone else who speaks SENSE, shortly after the release of American Life, that Madonna needs the cultural equivalent of HRT to pull her out of this MESS.

Luckily COAD saved her career, which was part ingenuity, part FLUKE.

She might not be so lucky next-time round.

If you base on record sales to determine an artist’s future, then you have to be seriously mistaken. :doh:

Every single artist experiences diminishing record sales after a smash album especially in this digital era. This is just the latest a string of bad news for music sales going back several years.

The ratio between consumers buying digital songs and entire CDs? According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry's report nearly $800 million of that stemmed from single-track sales. In other words, the quantity of downloaded songs far outweighs the quantity of CDs sold as a whole.

The question is, what's to blame? Again...Madonna?

Think! :tongue:

Guest gintonic

Over...?? This is coming from a person who said "Madonna's Tour is flopping in the UK" last July.

Oh well, I guess going some people lead their life with serious inferiority complexes. :dramatic:

Madonna's fanbase in the UK continues to DWINDLE and it wouldn't surprise me if radio uses this as an excuse to not playlist her from now on.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

Hardly suprising that she's flopping, lack of airplay, no video, a lukewarm reception to HC. She then manages to piss a lot of her loyal fanbase

that attended the atrocious Wembley show with all its sound and transport problems. Her team deny any problems at the show and then later backtrack when Ticketmaster issue refunds. Not exactly the best way to treat people who have supported you for 25 years. She needs to start showing us some respect. There is no fucking way I am paying for MA. I downloaded the remixes for free. She is going to have to come up with an amazing album before I part with my hard earned cash again.

Miles Away of the radio 1 playlist already.

I'll be glad when this era is finally finished there's been so many lows although the concert in paris was a highlight,i really think she needs to take some time out maybe 2 years at least because she needs to buck her ideas up and reflect on the last few years if she wants to be a pop star anymore, i sometimes think she seriously believes she's above everyone else in her game and thinks she's some kind of god when basically she is a pop singer nothing more nothing less.

I do think is a shame that the song will ruin her chart record, but at the end of the day, she doesnt seem to be bothered, the record company dont either, so why should i ?

Unlike a lot of people, i have actually enjoyed this era, i thought the album was cracking, of course it wasnt to everyones taste, but thats by the by.

So the song wont hit the top 40 i doubt this is the end of Madonna. Its just a shame her career with Warner will end with a whimper but again, she doesnt seem to do anything to promote..a tour is all very well and good, but you have remember that the majority of people who go to the tour have the albums already. She needed to get on tv a bit more, not these internet only fan friendly shows...lke a lot of people, to us she is a big name, and to the general public, but you cant rely on that these days especially when downloading music is done a lot of the times illeally etc.

In the UK fo example, an appearance on a prime time show, ike X factor (yes i know shes in the middle of a tour so its imposible) would do wonders i mean for COAD she even did Children in Need and Parky....

It seems an apt phrase would be PROMOTE or DIE...or words to that effect

Miles away ( Johnny V culb mix) now 98 on pop 100 itunes, so if rises more miles away could still be top 40 by sunday lol x

and hard candy is 98 on i-tunes album chart, so single is have some effect x

Miles Away of the radio 1 playlist already.

I'll be glad when this era is finally finished there's been so many lows although the concert in paris was a highlight,i really think she needs to take some time out maybe 2 years at least because she needs to buck her ideas up and reflect on the last few years if she wants to be a pop star anymore, i sometimes think she seriously believes she's above everyone else in her game and thinks she's some kind of god when basically she is a pop singer nothing more nothing less.

:clap::clap::clap:

The nature of the charts has changed. Many hits from one album or long lasting streaks will be rare (and I mean not just for Madonna). Also I don't think that a video or TV appearances would matter a lot to MA chart position, but perhaps they could have helped the album, which is the point in releasing a 3rd or 4th single anyway.

The nature of the charts has changed. Many hits from one album or long lasting streaks will be rare (and I mean not just for Madonna). Also I don't think that a video or TV appearances would matter a lot to MA chart position, but perhaps they could have helped the album, which is the point in releasing a 3rd or 4th single anyway.

of course it has, and will continue to change too....i thought M had left Warners already? So why is she gonna be fussed promoting this single?

Obv Warners couldn't be bothered to push for a video either....and the mixes weren't that great either?

and missing the UK Top 40 [possibly] - she's in good company, after a dozen top 20 hits Coldplay's new 'single' fell from its chart peak of #54!!