EAST RUTHERFORD - October 4 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

FreeMySoul

Guest boytoyville

Thanks to all who posted the fab clips. They are stunning! Most underrated tour she has ever done IMO, thus far. Everything just looks like so much fun and the energy...ohh...just incredible! Can't wait to see the Chicago shows!

has anyone seen Madiva (spelling?) at any of these shows?

yes...she was in teh same section I was wearing the Heartbeat outfit..... :lmao:

at one time Guy O and Tony were talking to her ... or him ..

ok.. There are a few of my pics... I'll upload some videos I have from Beat goes on, La Isla and Like a Prayer when I get home .. now Im waiting my conecting fly@Miami

DSC01991.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

Mario it was so nice to finally meet u!

Am glad that you enjoyed the show! Can't wait to see ur pics! :)

Hey Juan .. nice to meet you too .. I had a blast on saturday afternoon... also I met Hector at the show and talk to him a little ! :angel:

yes...she was in teh same section I was wearing the Heartbeat outfit..... :lmao:

at one time Guy O and Tony were talking to her ... or him ..

LOL!

I always miss meeting you. I had wanted to meet you in New York for Confessions and now i missed you again

so you went last night?

if the NJ crowds are so boring, maybe she should stop going there on every tour and maybe put DC back on the schedule since we treat her like the queen she is.

Even on one of the RIT bootlegs i got from the show i went to, she said how we were the best crowd so far on that tour. Of course she probably said that at every show, but i have many bootlegs of that tour and its the only one i heard her say it on. not sure why she dropped DC anyway?

That would be nice! Oh well, I'm excited about seeing her in NY.

what a crap crowd. i'd be really furious if was her.

well, we are getting older...and there´s so much to see in her shows that maybe some people prefer to be there like they are in a church...personally I hate that kind of crowd, but...

Madonna's music ages gracefully as tour hits USA

By Elysa Gardner, USA TODAY

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — 50 is the new 25. Or at least, that's what Madonna seemed intent on proving at her first U.S. concert since reaching that half-century milestone.

Kicking off the U.S. leg of her Sticky & Sweet tour at the Izod Center, the pop icon exhibited the energy, not to mention the muscle tone, of a woman half her age during a 23-song set that chronicled her storied career, from '80s hits to songs from this year's release Hard Candy.

Intent to give herself and her fans a musical workout, as well, Madonna put a slightly different spin on familiar tunes. As she has on recent tours, the singer played guitar on several numbers, lending a garage-rock edge to Borderline and Hung Up.

Into the Groove was presented as a pumping club mix, with Madonna jumping rope to emphasize its aerobic intensity. By that point, she had changed from a black-bustier-and-boots ensemble to a sportier but similarly revealing number set off by red gym shorts and black socks that stretched up to her gravity-defying thighs.

Audience members were impressed, and titillated. "If I were a lesbian, I would go for her," said Mary Beth Murdza, 45, a resident of Wall Township who added, "I don't think I've missed one of Madonna's tours."

Manhattan newcomer Barry Sherman, 29, came dressed in fishnet and spandex in homage to his idol. In his old house in Vermont, he added, "One of the bedrooms is a shrine to Madonna."

Madonna herself paid tribute to world music and different cultures throughout the evening. Devil Wouldn't Recognize Me had an Asian flavor, underscored by Japanese dancers, and was followed by a segment that drew on Latin influences and included Rumanian gypsy musicians, including the songs La Isla Bonita, Miles Away and, from Evita, the ballad You Must Love Me.

The visuals were similarly exotic and often stunning, from an anime-inspired montage to footage of various foreign landscapes and people. Ray of Light and Like A Prayer were accompanied by spiritual imagery, with quotations from the Bible floating across the screen.

Madonna's recent collaborators Kanye West, Pharrell Williams and Justin Timberlake popped up on video, as did Britney Spears, who filmed a special black-and-white clip as a backdrop for a frenzied Human Nature.

An already controversial segment showed famous and infamous figures ranging from Adolf Hitler and Kim Jong Il to Martin Luther King Jr., the Dalai Lama and John Lennon. Current presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama were also included, McCain in closer proximity to some more patently villainous types and Obama nearer to those viewed more favorably, who also included Mother Teresa and Bono.

Madonna did not patently link McCain to any of the ogres, or verbally attack the Republican contender. She did, however, have a few choice words for his running mate. "Sarah Palin can't come to this party," she declared, after leading the audience in a festive a cappella version of Open Your Heart. "She is not in my show. She will never be in my show." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

She reinforced that message, humorously, by imitating "the sound of Sarah Palin's husband's snowmobile when it won't start" with a loud, purposefully irritating burst of guitar. :thumbsup:

Set list (in order):

Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

Human Nature

Vogue

Die Another Day

Into the Groove

Heartbeat

Borderline

She's Not Me

Music

Rain (segue)

Devil Wouldn't Recognize Me

Spanish Lesson

Miles Away

La Isla Bonita

Doli DoliYou Must Love Me

Get Stupid (segue)

Four Minutes

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Hung Up

Give It To Me

You guys have to read the comments posted on USA Today:

LMAO! :lmao:

STR wrote: 9h 25m ago

Madonna is the sleezy tramp of the entertainment world.

She writes the book "Erotica" to pervert the minds of the readers.

She then writes a children's book and promotes Kaballa.

There are young girls in their graves who have followed Madonna's lifestyle as she promotes sleeping with whoever you are with. There are many living with destoyed lives by following her lifestyle and messages.

Madonna mocks Jesus Christ as entertainment.

Madonna is a fool who will one day have to answer to God Almighty.

Regardless, she can be saved.

What must I do to be saved?

Repent and beleive in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

Who soever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Gtr wrote: 8h 20m ago

Should be called, "the dried up , crusty stank tour"

mr right wrote: 9h 38m ago

are ppl actually paying to see this washed up wrinkled old has been???

dmmjsm wrote: 4h 1m ago

"Sarah Palin can't come to this party," she declared, after leading the audience in a festive a cappella version of Open Your Heart. "She is not in my show. She will never be in my show."

________________________________________________________________________________

______

I don't think Sarah is sweating not being there for the party, really.

I have always been a big fan of Madonna- I love her style, her music, and she has a great personality. But she and the rest of the entertainers aren't people I look to for political advise.

And at some point after this hard candy crisis, she needs to start gracefully exiting the limelight and help mentor or groom another great singer to take the reins. I think if the younger Madonna could see herself now, she would tell herself that its time to take a bow.

Duckydoodoo wrote: 4h 57m ago

What WOULD Sarah Palin do with a Madonna invitation? Use it as target practice. From a hovering helicopter. BOOM!

Ah, the precious mental opinions from a screwed up, aging pop queen. Calling McCain stupid. Stupid, like, NOT HAVING A PRE-NUP WHEN MARRYING A NOTHING BRITISH DIRECTOR WITH NO MILLIONS. Yeah, chick. Smart.

Royal Black wrote: 5h 13m ago

vilen25 wrote: 1h 42m ago

"Sarah Palin can't come to this party," she declared, after leading the audience in a festive a cappella version of Open Your Heart. "She is not in my show. She will never be in my show."

Hey, news flash to Madonna: Sarah Palin wouldn't want to come to the party hosted by a 50-year-old tramp, and neither would I.

---

But would Bristol Palin attend?

ProPhotographer wrote: 5h 51m ago

"Like a grandma... feeling menopause for the very first time... like a grandma." :lmao:

Matthew Rettenmu wrote: 6h 27m ago

Hey, "vilen25," know what the difference between Sarah Palin and a 50-year-old tramp is? Six years. Because 44-year-old Palin is a tramp—she cheated on her husband. Typical right-wing ideologue hypocrite. Madonna is a great artist and a great entertainer. And you know what? EVEN SHE would be more qualified than Sarah Palin. [wink]

alexandria789 wrote: 7h 18m ago

Let's hear it for the Senior Citizen Rockers!

SagiCap wrote: 7h 41m ago

Madonna said, "Sarah Palin can't come to this party........She will never be in my show".

Sarah Palin wouldn't lower herself to come to your disgusting show, Madonna. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, you are ignorant sleezy trash.

Guest FuckBuddy
Maybe if she charged less than $354 a tik the "fun" people and younger would be in the crowd.

that's quite true, i'm afraid.

Guest boytoyville

There are young girls in their graves who have followed Madonna's lifestyle as she promotes sleeping with whoever you are with. There are many living with destoyed lives by following her lifestyle and messages.

Who soever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

________________________________________________________________________________

______

I have always been a big fan of Madonna- I love her style, her music, and she has a great personality. But she and the rest of the entertainers aren't people I look to for political advise.

And at some point after this hard candy crisis, she needs to start gracefully exiting the limelight and help mentor or groom another great singer to take the reins. I think if the younger Madonna could see herself now, she would tell herself that its time to take a bow.

What WOULD Sarah Palin do with a Madonna invitation? Use it as target practice. From a hovering helicopter. BOOM!

Ah, the precious mental opinions from a screwed up, aging pop queen. Calling McCain stupid. Stupid, like, NOT HAVING A PRE-NUP WHEN MARRYING A NOTHING BRITISH DIRECTOR WITH NO MILLIONS. Yeah, chick. Smart.

Hey, news flash to Madonna: Sarah Palin wouldn't want to come to the party hosted by a 50-year-old tramp, and neither would I.

---

"Like a grandma... feeling menopause for the very first time... like a grandma." :lmao:

Hey, "vilen25," know what the difference between Sarah Palin and a 50-year-old tramp is? Six years. Because 44-year-old Palin is a tramp—she cheated on her husband. Typical right-wing ideologue hypocrite. Madonna is a great artist and a great entertainer. And you know what? EVEN SHE would be more qualified than Sarah Palin. [wink]

Madonna said, "Sarah Palin can't come to this party........She will never be in my show".

Sarah Palin wouldn't lower herself to come to your disgusting show, Madonna. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, you are ignorant sleezy trash.

This is way I love Madonna,because she pisses these wierdo's off. :rotfl:

Guest FuckBuddy

______

---

god, republicans are as dangerous and stupid as those al quida followers. good luck to all u democrats, u're a bunch of some brave people.

Mario, sorry I didn't chat longer. It was so noisy and the guards behind me kept annoying me to take my seat because people nearby would go use it to chat with Rosie. Pud I seriously had no idea you were there on the other side! Sorry I missed you too FMS! :shy:

You bunch of hyper-sociable Latin whores ;)

Glad you all had a great time!!!!!!!! Did you sing Spanish Lesson out loud?

Yes I did and I didn't give a fuck if hardly any body was! All day long at work today I was daydreaming that a group of hot Spanish monks in black robes would show up, sensually dance around me and strip! :dramatic:

god, republicans are as dangerous and stupid as those al quida followers. good luck to all u democrats, u're a bunch of some brave people.

Well there are actually a few members in here that are Repubs and will be voting for Mcpain/Plain in November... yet are madonna fans!

What a BUNCH of OxyMORONS! :lmao:

Thanks for the good wishes FBuddy! :thumbsup:

It was fucking awesome. Better than confessions, and better than Drowned World due to a couple of factors:

1. She interacted more with the crowd

2. The setlist was much more energetic than confessions, drowned world or reinvention - much fewer slow numbers. Like a Prayer was just fantastic. Other highlights for me Ray Of Light, Beat Goes On, Die Another Day, Give It To Me, Into The Groove and surprisingly, You Must Love Me.

And as always - excellent music, good choreography and great production values.

Lowlights - Hung Up needs to be less "hard rock" and more "disco". La Isla Bonita is getting old - she's performed it too much, in my opinion.

It was fucking awesome. Better than confessions, and better than Drowned World due to a couple of factors:

1. She interacted more with the crowd

2. The setlist was much more energetic than confessions, drowned world or reinvention - much fewer slow numbers. Like a Prayer was just fantastic. Other highlights for me Ray Of Light, Beat Goes On, Die Another Day, Give It To Me, Into The Groove and surprisingly, You Must Love Me.

And as always - excellent music, good choreography and great production values.

Lowlights - Hung Up needs to be less "hard rock" and more "disco". La Isla Bonita is getting old - she's performed it too much, in my opinion.

No mention of the brilliant Vogue?

those comments are frightening!

one question...how much did the tour book cost?