NEW YORK CITY - October 6/7/11/12 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

Camacho

The opening screen transformation blew me away.

It's pretty impressive how that front screen splits up.

The customes look gorgeous on close-up :inlove:

And ... ooooooh is she giving the gorgeous glasses to someone during the gig? LUCKY BASTARDS!

Guest Little Red

Those photos are da bomb! Thanks a lot for posting them.

I especially love the ones from Spanish Lesson and Gi2M.

And this one is just way cool:

16067904acko21108200841905PM-1.jpg

fantastic pics, thanks for sharing

i think any of the LAP pictures should be the DVD cover, those moments show less of the singer/perfomer and reveals the truly myth that she is, very strong captures

Madonna leads fans through intense workout

By Frank Scheck

Reuters

Wednesday, October 8, 2008; 8:34 PM

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The Madonna concert ended nearly 12 hours ago, and this reviewer is still tired. And that's just from watching.

Of course, I'm not in quite as good shape as the 50-year-old Material Girl, who has metamorphosized into a lean, mean machine of muscle and sinew. That pumped-up toughness also is evident in her music as performed in this latest arena extravaganza, dubbed the Sticky and Sweet tour and promoting her recent CD "Hard Candy."

That album is generously highlighted in the course of the two-hour show, a good half of which is devoted to such cuts as "Candy Shop" (the opener, in which Madonna makes her entrance while seated on a throne), "Beat Goes On," "She's Not Me" and "4 Minutes."

She cherrypicks from her hits, forgoing most of her best-known tunes -- with the exception of such songs as "Borderline," "Into the Groove," "Ray of Light" and "Like a Prayer." Most of these are dramatically rearranged to give them a harder-rocking edge, with heavy doses of electric guitar and thumping bass beats. As with the performer herself, the sweetness in them seems to have been drained away.

There's a relentless drive to the proceedings that is almost unnerving. The headliner almost never stops moving, constantly whipping through intensely choreographed set pieces with her corps of backup dancers as if determined to burn off a certain number of calories per show. At one point, she even showed off her Double-Dutch jumping-rope skills.

She doesn't let the audience rest, either. Late in the show, she refused to begin one song until she had made sure that everyone in the massive arena was on their feet.

The one relatively quiet interlude was more bizarre than restorative. It featured an acoustic, Gypsy-flavored rendition of "La Isla Bonita," followed by the evening's sole ballad, "You Must Love Me," from the "Evita" soundtrack.

The singer showcased her physique in a series of revealing outfits, though they were mostly more redolent of the gym than the usual S&M garb.

Unlike her most recent go-around, there was little in the way of controversial material on display, with nary a crucifixion in sight. The one exception was the video montage accompanying "Get Stupid," which interpolated images of Barack Obama with figures like Nelson Mandela and John McCain with, among others, Hitler.

The Sticky and Sweet tour plays Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on November 6.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

NY Post Popwrap Blog

You Must See Madonna Live!

Posted by Jarett Wieselman at 9:47 AM on October 8, 2008

madonnaconcertcn0.jpg

Granted, I am not the world's No. 1 Madonna fan -- I don't bedazzle my own t-shirts with rhinestones spelling out "Her Madgesty" -- but I own every album and have been singing "Like a Virgin" before I knew what it meant. So I was excited to see her live in concert for the first time last night. I had previously passed up two opportunities -- Re-Invention World Tour and Confessions Tour -- to see a Madonna concert because the tickets were always so astronomically expensive. Well, now that I've bought, seen and survived, let me tell you that if sacrificing food, water or mascara for a week must be done to afford a ticket, do so -- this was the best $100 I have ever spent.

With every song, with every LCD screen, with every costume change, Madonna proved why she was still on top of the industry after 175 years in the game. The set list for her Sticky & Sweet Tour covers pretty much every album she's ever released -- "Borderline," "Into the Groove," ""La Isla Bonita," "Vogue," "Human Nature," "Music," "Die Another Day" -- with a heavy emphasis on "Hard Candy." There's also a dance-tastic "4 Minutes" and "Like a Prayer" mash-up that I would love for her to release on CD.

So if you can, pick up a ticket to one of her shows -- unlike her movies, you won't leave disappointed! Oh, and those rhinestone emblazoned t-shirt I mentioned before, I saw about 15 of them last night. The gays love a good Bedazzler!

Guest Mojetta

I have a quick question, are cameras allowed at the shows? I'm going to see Madonna in Boston on the 15th and want to bring my camera but don't want it taken away! I tried searching but it didn't work. Help!

thank you so much...those pictures are remarkable! you caught her in so many iconic poses but then again...any pose she does is iconic haha

i was at the Monday night show and i'm actually glad that i watched tons of youtube clips because i was kind of far up and probably wouldn't have known what was going on. i was able to enjoy the show without trying to sit still and watch everything that was going on. i just danced my ass off the entire show and lost my vioce haha. It's Thursday and I still can't speak properly. Thank god for text messaging!

as a little aside i had a fun idea. imagine if the show started with the screens like a rubik's cube and they turn and turn until all the colors match and then they open and that's how madonna enters the stage? i just came up with that and thought i would share it.

cannot wait for the dvd!!