ATHENS - September 27 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Guest bulgar

Sounds like a great concert. I'm just worried now that the organization will be the same way for all her stadium dates. Will I have to continually fight for my spot so some asshole won't muscle his way in front of me? :confused:

She's doing stadium dates in Canada, too? God, I'm sorry for everyone who has to see her in that kind of venue. She's a straight up arena kind of artist. Her shows are over the top, but she is NOT the Rolling Stones. That's a good thing, by the way.

I hope her and Live Nation straighten this shit out next tour. Though I doubt it. It's easier to play stadiums... but seemingly less satisfying.

Game Over!! Crowd...

And here you can see the crowd again! The show is over and they're playing Holiday!

And more reports from madonnatribe

Here's the excited review of Madonna's final European Sticky & Sweet Tour concert in Athens by our Community member panosxxx:

"What an AMAZING, GLORIOUS experience tonight!!!

I'm really at a loss for words, she was INCREDIBLE!!! You could tell by her huge smiles all over the show that she LOVED the wonderful atmosphere we created for her!!! People cheering, shouting her name, singing in almost all of the songs, dancing EVERYWHERE!!!

She called us "beautiful city of Athens" and she even shouted the greek phrase OPA at the end of La Isla! At the end of You must love me, someone shouted something I could not hear and she let out a surprised laugh!!! She blew us kisses at the very end, right before she dissapeared!

EVERYBODY I talked to, LOVED the show! The organisation was PERFECT and Hot Tickets were sooooooo worth it, Thank God and Live Nation! I was right at the front row, leaning at the barricade, at the right side of the end of the catwalk! She came so close and she looked directly and smiled at me 3 TIMES!!!

Also, during DEVIL, I had my lighter up and she nodded at me!

Guy Oseary did his usual round and I had my pic taken with him, thanking him for bringing her to Greece, to which he replied "Oh, she loves being here"! I met neilc while on the HT queue and he is as sweet and kind in real life, as he is on the board!!!

Overall, one of the best nights of my life !!! We all know about the show so I won't bore you with details, but her energy and happy and playful disposition was something else ! I honestly don't have a favorite moment, I loved the whole show !!! I was happy she sang Express Yourself at the request section TWICE!!!

I don't know how we compared as a croud to Amsterdam or Rome, but I am sure we are really high up on the list."

Breathtaking Like A Prayer.. Amazing ending!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMG truly one of the moments everyone went BERSERK. Amazing stuff. I'm starting to develop post-gig blues :(

Breathtaking Like A Prayer.. Amazing ending!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbkpbNspoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FUCKING AMAZING! I can't wait to see this live. :thumbsup:

Guest Topaz Scorpio
She's doing stadium dates in Canada, too? God, I'm sorry for everyone who has to see her in that kind of venue. She's a straight up arena kind of artist. Her shows are over the top, but she is NOT the Rolling Stones. That's a good thing, by the way.

I hope her and Live Nation straighten this shit out next tour. Though I doubt it. It's easier to play stadiums... but seemingly less satisfying.

I think the only reason that she's not doing stadiums for a number of the U.S. shows is because they are generally cities located in the north where the weather in October and November could be cold, rainy, or possibly even snowy. I mean for her to have done a stadium in NYC would've meant Giants stadium in NJ and for Boston it would've been Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, both of which are not domed that I'm aware of.

I was there and I can say I was really impressed. I couldn't believe that Madonna was the woman on the stage. It's fucking crazy :D I really liked the way she cut the concert into four parts.

PIMP, old school, gypsy and rave. All of them were good but one peculiar thing. 4 minutes. It was the worst performance alongside the songs from HC. Why does she wants so desperatly to promote the songs in her concerts? Fortunately the songs from COADF were superb so no problem to put them in concert. But HC? From Candy Shop to Voices half of the songs lack this Madonna thing. I only like 4M, GI2M, DWRY & Voices. I think Devil was saved by the water visuals and the concept. But the continue of SL destroyed the good feeling. Anyways, lots of people, I liked it when she called us MOTHERFUCKERS, (lmao) and I hope for her to come again. I'm an official fan from now on :vanitybonet:

Borderline was SO awesome. I'll take back all the bad things I've said about Madonna on guitar. She truly looks like she enjoys it and gets into it and more times than not it worked. In fact the only shitty guitar performance was HU with HN and Borderline being highlights of the show for me.

I think the only reason that she's not doing stadiums for a number of the U.S. shows is because they are generally cities located in the north where the weather in October and November could be cold, rainy, or possibly even snowy. I mean for her to have done a stadium in NYC would've meant Giants stadium in NJ and for Boston it would've been Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, both of which are not domed that I'm aware of.

I still wish she could have done Giants stadium. It would have been historical.

Guest Pud Whacker
ray of light

la is la bonita

express yourself/hung up

THESE ARE ALL FANTASTIC!!! LIKE A PRAYER IS WONDERFUL. its LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! ONLY LOVE!!!! THEY LOVE IT ALL!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For me it was the first time that I saw her live. It was an amazing experience and I still feel ecstatic. In some way it makes me regret for what I have been missing all these years. The HC tracks work very well live and made me appreciate the album even more. One song in particular that the show made me like even more is DWRY.

Guest jamesshot

So happy for Athens. She should have done 2 shows there. I wonder why she didn't? Seems it would have been an easy sell out. What a great crowd! I bet she comes back there for her next tour no doubt.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: Athens Fan Pictures - Part 1

The European leg of the Sticky & Sweet Tour came to an end in Athens last night. The tour now travels to East Rutherford in the USA for the first show of the North American leg of the tour on Saturday 04 October.

Below are some pictures taken in Athens last night by madonnalicious reader Chris.

athens_270908_chris1news.jpg

athens_270908_chris2news.jpg

athens_270908_chris3news.jpg

athens_270908_chris4news.jpg

The evening news reported something crazy. Madonna's hotel was in downtown Athens, next to maybe the most popular square of the city. They're saying that after the concert, it was like 3am and Madonna left her room, she went down and she started walking alone on the road and the square next to the hotel! And she was wearing just a bathrobe(and maybe sunglasses??)

The staff of the hotel confirmed it!

Is that possible? :dramatic:

They had a small driving tour around acropolis and the ancient city center. All the kids were here! David, Rocoo, Lourdes!

The evening news reported something crazy. Madonna's hotel was in downtown Athens, next to maybe the most popular square of the city. They're saying that after the concert, it was like 3am and Madonna left her room, she went down and she started walking alone on the road and the square next to the hotel! And she was wearing just a bathrobe(and maybe sunglasses??)

The staff of the hotel confirmed it!

Is that possible? :dramatic:

That woman is fearless. Must be the New Yorker in her.

They had a small driving tour around acropolis and the ancient city center. All the kids were here! David, Rocoo, Lourdes!

When? Today? Pics?

Did she leave for the US or did she go back to rest in London before hitting NY?

I would love to see shots of her walking around Athens in her bathrobe in the middle of the night. She probably was still so energized from the show that she needed to do something to relax her.