Detroit Show Disaster, 30000 unsold out of less than 50000?!

iasonas

The stadium's capacity is almost 50000 but they say that 30000 tickets are unsold! Is that true?? I was talking with some friends I have in Detroit( they purchased tickets the first day) and they told me it's because of the economy(foreclosures and unemployment). For example, my friend's cousin is a fan but she cannot go because she just lost her job.

What's gonna happen with that show? Is it because of the economy? I mean, everywhere we have problem with the economy but the tour is doing great! But what's going on with america? :scared: How she will continue touring there the following years? :confused: I know Im very dramatic but... I'm a bit worried!

Not to mention that I spent 2 months this last summer in Detroit and almost all the radio stations were giving tickets for free! WDVD 96.3, Channel 95.5, wnic 100.3 ....

I remember we drove outside the stadium 6-7 hours before the tickets were available and we saw 2 persons outside the box office waiting! It was like 3am! And I said 'good sign'!! :confused:

To tell you the truth the economy was kind of dramatic.. Everyone knew someone who lost his job or something! And each and every street(even in good suburbs) have lots of houses for sale due to foreclosures!! It was scary!!!!

But, in my opinion, it is LACK OF INTEREST! We are talking about a BIG city of almost 5.000.000 people! Very close to Canadian cities like London, cities like Toledo in Ohio etc... Not everyone is suffering right now!!! And the average salary is much higher there than here in Greece for example! And at the same time everything is cheaper than here! I mean, everything! Food, goods, gas, clothes, houses, cars, drinks! And I'm not saying that because of the Euro/Dollar rate.. I'm talking as if 1euro equals 1 dollar. Everything is cheaper and the salaries higher!

Detriot can not, and should not reflect, the success of this show in the US. Detriot is driven by the auto indurtry, which is in the tank in the US. It's a great city but the economy is in bad shape. I'm sure many would love to go see her but just can't affort it. They will probally try and move the show to Alburn Hills or cancel it all together. Or, cut ticket prices.

Detriot can not, and should not reflect, the success of this show in the US. Detriot is driven by the auto indurtry, which is in the tank in the US. It's a great city but the economy is in bad shape. I'm sure many would love to go see her but just can't affort it. They will probally try and move the show to Alburn Hills or cancel it all together. Or, cut ticket prices.

I don´t know, but 30.000 empty places must be hard for her!!!

I don´t know, but 30.000 empty places must be hard for her!!!

Why? You don't think playing to between 1.5 and 2.0 million people when all is said and done will stroke her ego enough? Detroit's econony is in the tank due to the fact that it's driven by the auto industry which is terrible for US auto makers. Frankly, I'm surprised she was able to sell 20,000. I don't think any other artist could even do half that at half the price anywhere in Detroit.

Why? You don't think playing to between 1.5 and 2.0 million people when all is said and done will stroke her ego enough? Detroit's econony is in the tank due to the fact that it's driven by the auto industry which is terrible for US auto makers. Frankly, I'm surprised she was able to sell 20,000. I don't think any other artist could even do half that at half the price anywhere in Detroit.

yes, I think her ego will be hurt, it´s her city

Nope. Madonna has said that she can be in a room with 100 people and 99 of them will say they like something she's done, but she will always remember the 1 person that said they didn't. So, she could play sold out stadiums all over the world, but Detroit will stick with her.

Nope. Madonna has said that she can be in a room with 100 people and 99 of them will say they like something she's done, but she will always remember the 1 person that said they didn't. So, she could play sold out stadiums all over the world, but Detroit will stick with her.

yes, I agree

Madonna said that 18 years ago. Madonna's not an idiot. She knows how bad the economy is in Detroit

I know she's not an idiot, and I'm not saying that it's going to ruin her life or anything, but I'm sure she won't just attribute it to the economy. Whatever, though... the show will probably be moved or cancelled.

I know she's not an idiot, and I'm not saying that it's going to ruin her life or anything, but I'm sure she won't just attribute it to the economy. Whatever, though... the show will probably be moved or cancelled.

Have you ever driven through Detriot? Trust me, anyone that knows the city and the condition of the local/national economy won't have any trouble connecting the dots.

This thread is so dramatic and hysterical :wacko:

Look, if 30 thousand tickets out of 50 thousand are indeed unsold, i'm sure Live nation will just cancel that date, and move on. Skipping Detroit is not a big deal. The american economy is in shambles, and Detroit has been ground zero for years, thanks to the auro industry meltdown.

Have you ever driven through Detriot? Trust me, anyone that knows the city and the condition of the local/national economy won't have any trouble connecting the dots.

alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright

now ladies

yeah?

now we gonna break this thing down in just a few seconds....

Are you kidding me it's the economy? It is LACK OF INTEREST! We are talking about a BIG city of almost 5.000.000 people! Very close to Canadian cities like London, cities like Toledo in Ohio etc... Not everyone is suffering right now!!! And the average salary is much higher there than here in Greece for example! And at the same time everything is cheaper than here! I mean, everything! Food, goods, gas, clothes, houses, cars, drinks! And I'm not saying that because of the Euro/Dollar rate.. I'm talking as if 1euro equals 1 dollar. Everything is cheaper and the salaries higher!!

It is lack of interest in my opinion. ANd you can see it throughout America! One show in Philadelphia? A basketball arena in Philadelphia?!Just that? And arena in Atlanta? It is Atlanta! 5.500.000 people! 15.000 unsold tickets in Los Angeles! A city of more than 11-12.000.000 people!

It is lack of interest!

Are you kidding me it's the economy? It is LACK OF INTEREST! We are talking about a BIG city of almost 5.000.000 people! Very close to Canadian cities like London, cities like Toledo in Ohio etc... Not everyone is suffering right now!!! And the average salary is much higher there than here in Greece for example! And at the same time everything is cheaper than here! I mean, everything! Food, goods, gas, clothes, houses, cars, drinks! And I'm not saying that because of the Euro/Dollar rate.. I'm talking as if 1euro equals 1 dollar. Everything is cheaper and the salaries higher!!

It is lack of interest in my opinion. ANd you can see it throughout America! One show in Philadelphia? A basketball arena in Philadelphia?!Just that? And arena in Atlanta? It is Atlanta! 5.500.000 people! 15.000 unsold tickets in Los Angeles! A city of more than 11-12.000.000 people!

It is lack of interest!

You sound ridiculous, and have no idea what you're talking about. It's the economy stupid.

Detroit has been in decline for years, but you would know that if your entire knowledge of middle america wasn't based on a wikipedia entry.

Detroit is one of the poorest cities in the U.S. FACT

As far as lack of interest goes, there are millions of people all over the world who have zero interest in seeing Madonna, and yet she has been doing just fine anyway. America is not Europe, we don't generally like stadium shows. FACT

Beyond a couple of dates, Madonna is mainly doing arena shows here, and selling just fine. Arena shows are the NORM in America. FACT

I would NEVER see her in a stadium.

Quit being so hysterical, and be happy she's doing one show in your country.

Idiot thread. But when I read that random post in the other thread, I wondered how long before this thread would happen.

Detroit is a very poor city, VERY depressed economy. Extremely...and it means (according to your figures, which has been reported by one person...and is just heresay) she has sold 20,000 tickets there.

Plus she is doing Chicago, and she's ONLY done Chicago the last tours...so I have a feeling lots of people who would have gone to Detroit bought tickets to Chicago, as those shows were annouced and on sale MONTHS before Detroit.

Sounds like someone hit the crack pipe a bit hard this morning.