Britney to tie/eclipse Madonna

Queen Bitch

Zewzer is obssesed with

writing and producing credits but then he goes to Girls Aloud thread and worship them.

I don't worship Girls Aloud, I just like them.

And I like Britney more than them actually.

I've yet to own a Girls Aloud album and i've 3 of Britney's already, do the math?

But i'm gonna look at her objectively, i'm not gonna be one of those brainless tween fans screaming that she's such a talent just because she sells cd's, because she is not a talent and i'm not gonna credit her for her music just because I like most of it, because she is not the one to be credited.

And you pointed out something like; " she did this on her own without any additional help", and my point was she didn't do shit alone.

But i'm gonna look at her objectively, i'm not gonna be one of those brainless tween fans screaming that she's such a talent just because she sells cd's, because she is not a talent and i'm not gonna credit her for her music just because I like most of it, because she is not the one to be credited.

You're so hardcore. :inlove:

I feel like a pussy now. :shy:

Guest superman
Madonna is the solo female act with the most number 1s this decade (5) but I suspect Britney may well tie with her when her new single comes out and perhaps even eclipse her if she has a second number 1 from the new album.

The Sugababes are the female act with the most number 1s in the 00s (6) - not sure if their new one will hit the top, I heard it at the gym last night and it sounded great but I'm not sure if it's number 1 material - what's the vibe on it?

I doubt Madonna will have another chart topper in 2009 so it will be interesting to see if she can maintain her lead, or at least tie, with Brit.

M's hits for 2009? - Im not sure about that!! after the world tour MADGE WILL TAKE SOMETIME OFF, OUT OF THE LIMELIGHT, its like after long hard work - she needs a plenty of rest / vacation away from spotlight. Unless by 2009 Timbaland will release his new album and some collaboration with Madonna, and it sounds good to me as a next hit single. Im looking forward to that. coz HC era is so over in 2009.

Guest superman

an old woman like Madonna its difficult for her to compete with other young artist and the Radio DJ's wont play her song (ageism) the good chance is that song she made with Timbaland called La,La,La. could be a massive hit , a todays sound!!

I don't think Britney new album will enjoy that much success... people are very tired of her in Europe. Of course it will sell OK and radios will play the first single but unless it's a fantastic comercial song will have much more difficult to even get to the TOP 5 than the majority thinks...

Britney's celeb life is taking over from her music. Last year's tracks were the usual dirges about being famous. She needs to come back with a good pop song. People get bored of hearing how hard the stars' lives are like Robbie Williams.

I would like to see how many units she shifted of the last singles.

• 9 months later...
Guest truebluefan

Just wanted to bring this topic back up.

So we can now say that Britney did not go to number one with any of her new singles in UK. She is still behind Madonna and now it looks like it is actually Madge that can score another nr 1 this decade if all goes well with Celebrate. Funny, quite a turnaround.

So we can now say that Britney did not go to number one with any of her new singles in UK. She is still behind Madonna and now it looks like it is actually Madge that can score another nr 1 this decade if all goes well with Celebrate. Funny, quite a turnaround.

Madonna STILL queen of the UK charts!

omg i go so concerned when i saw this thread from the outside LOL - I was like is 'Radar' #1 in pre orders or something lmao! Anyways, I was just thinking about this the other day! Looks like M WILL indeed be the female with the most #1s in the UK for the 00s and even has a chance to pull further ahead before the decade is up w/ celebrate! Actually, for a while, I was more concerned about BEYONCE than Brit! She, like Brit I think are right behind M with #1s and since Beyonce is way bigger and more beloved in the U.K. I was almost certain Halo would be the song to tie M. crazy how in the US she only scored ONE freakin #1 - and that was in 2000. While the UK, its the opposite extreme.

Guest nothingfails0603
omg i go so concerned when i saw this thread from the outside LOL - I was like is 'Radar' #1 in pre orders or something lmao! Anyways, I was just thinking about this the other day! Looks like M WILL indeed be the female with the most #1s in the UK for the 00s and even has a chance to pull further ahead before the decade is up w/ celebrate! Actually, for a while, I was more concerned about BEYONCE than Brit! She, like Brit I think are right behind M with #1s and since Beyonce is way bigger and more beloved in the U.K. I was almost certain Halo would be the song to tie M. crazy how in the US she only scored ONE freakin #1 - and that was in 2000. While the UK, its the opposite extreme.

actually Brit has two #1's, Womanizer was #1 several months ago.

Of course, two #1's is so mediocre considering how big she is.

Britney's celeb life is taking over from her music. Last year's tracks were the usual dirges about being famous. She needs to come back with a good pop song. People get bored of hearing how hard the stars' lives are like Robbie Williams.

I would like to see how many units she shifted of the last singles.

Singles:

...Baby One More Time // 1,484,562

Sometimes // 427,562

Crazy // 258,092

Born To Make You Happy // 306,357

Oops!...I Did It Again // 447,748

Lucky // 219,699

Stronger // 182,756

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know // 61,970

I'm A Slave 4 U // 173,723

Overprotected // 124,654

I'm Not A Girls, Not Yet A Woman // 144,230

I Love Rock 'n' Roll // 62,213

Boys // 78,114

Me Against The Music // 113,749

Toxic // 345,465

Everytime // 263,907

My Prerogative // 111,665

Do Somethin' // 71,430

Gimme More // 202,314

Piece of Me // 242,873

Break The Ice // 93,339

Womanizer // 374,244

Circus // 174,077

If You Seek Amy // 88,653

Albums:

...Baby One More Time // 1,200,953

Oops!... I Did It Again // 902,499

Britney // 455,967

In The Zone // 529,225

Blackout // 275,178

Circus // 316,024

Greatest Hits - My Prerogative // 952,027

I heard Radar on the radio. It's just the same old monotone electro pop like the last few singles. Really terrible and uninspired. She could still get number one but she doesn't deserve it with this song. It's appalling.

I predict it will peak at number 4.

jonski, if none of the other Circus singles hit N. 1 in the UK, it's highly unlikely that the fourth single- which is a track that appeared on her 2007 album- will do the trick.

For some reason i like radar and find it one of Brits best songs ever. i do ask myself why are they releasing it when its already been on 2 albums? could it be a surprise massive hit? could it be a complete flop?

So madonna rules the singles charts. I guess Dido rules the albums - has nt she had two 3 million plus albums?

Shitneys "comeback" was really quite pathetic, fans and critics tend to agree. I dont think she will really ever bother the charts again now at least not like she did 10 years ago. Poor old fatty :lmao:

everyone has had a peak. michael jackson could not bother the charts in the last 15 years the way he did from 1983-1992.

even madonna's success 1989 onwards, barring TIC, was at mos half of her peak in 1985-6.

i think britney's sound is becoming a bit boring - she has released 7 dance-electro tracks in a row. she should have gone for a change and released a slower song like Blur.

she has not done too badly. the tour is a success, the last 2 albums have done OK, she has had an American no1. she has done much better in USA than UK. she is not going to get much respect to be honest as she does not sing live. will she hope to pass the next 20 years hoping not to sing live even once?

Since it's "This Decade", therefore it should start from 1/1/2001 till 31/12/2010 (instead of 1/1/2000 till 31/12/2009)

Overall artist with the most #1 in this decade (2001-2010)

7 #1

McFly

Westlife

6 #1

Sugababes (1 with Girls Aloud)

5 #1

Eminem (1 with Akon)

4 #1

Beyonce (1 with Shakira; 1 with Jay-Z)

Busted

Elvis (1 with JXL)

Gareth Gates (1 with The Kumars; 1 with Will Young)

Girls Aloud (1 with Sugababes)

Nelly (1 with Kelly Rowland; 1 with Tim McGraw; 1 with P.Diddy, Notorious BIG, Avery Storm & Jagged Edge)

Will Young (1 with Gareth Gates)

3 #1

Atomic Kitten

Blue (1 with Elton John)

Christina Aguilera (1 with Redman; 1 with Mya, Lil' Kim & Pink)

Daniel Bedingfield

Elton John (1 with Blue; 1 with 2Pac)

Justin Timberlake (1 with Madonna & Timbaland; 1 with Nelly Furtado & Timbaland)

Leona Lewis

Madonna (1 with Justin & Timbaland) :dramatic:

Oasis

Pink (1 with Christina Aguilera, Mya & Lil' Kim)

Robbie Williams (1 with Nicole Kidman)

Take That

Timbaland (1 with Madonna & Justin Timberlake; 1 with Justin Timberlake & Nelly Futardo; 1 with Keri Hilson & DOE)

U2 (1 with LMC)

2 #1

Akon (1 with Eminem)

Arctic Monkeys

Black Eyed Peas

Britney Spears

Clavin Harris (1 with Dizzee Rascal & Chrome)

Dizzee Rascal (1 with Clavin Harris & Chrome; 1 with Armand Van Helden)

Hear'Say

Jay-Z (1 with Beyonce; 1 with Rihanna)

Jennifer Lopez

Kanye West (1 with Estelle)

Kelly Rowland (1 with David Guetta; 1 with Nelly)

Kylie Minogue

Lady Gaga (1 with Colby O'Donis)

Lily Allen

Ne-Yo

Nelly Furtado (1 with Timbaland & Justin Timberlake)

P. Diddy (1 with Nelly, Notorious BIG, Avery Storm & Jagged Edge; 1 with Mario Winans)

Pussycat Dolls (1 with Busta Rhymes)

R Kelly (1 with Ja Rule & Ashanti)

Rihanna (1 with Jay-Z)

S Club 7

Shaggy (1 with Rayvon; 1 with Rikrok)

Shakira (1 with Beyonce; 1 with Wyclef Jean)

Usher (1 with Lil' Jon & Ludacris)

Group with the most #1 in this decade (2001-2010)

7 #1

McFly

Westlife

6 #1

Sugababes (1 with Girls Aloud)

4 #1

Busted

Girls Aloud (1 with Sugababes)

3 #1

Atomic Kitten

Blue (1 with Elton John)

Oasis

Take That

U2 (1 with LMC)

2 #1

Arctic Monkeys

Black Eyed Peas

Hear'Say

Pussycat Dolls (1 with Busta Rhymes)

S Club 7

Male Artist with the most #1 in this decade (2001-2010)

5 #1

Eminem (1 with Akon)

4 #1

Elvis (1 with JXL)

Gareth Gates (1 with The Kumars; 1 with Will Young)

Nelly (1 with Kelly Rowland; 1 with Tim McGraw; 1 with P.Diddy, Notorious BIG, Avery Storm & Jagged Edge)

Will Young (1 with Gareth Gates)

3 #1

Daniel Bedingfield

Elton John (1 with Blue; 1 with 2Pac)

Justin Timberlake (1 with Madonna & Timbaland; 1 with Nelly Furtado & Timbaland)

Robbie Williams (1 with Nicole Kidman)

Timbaland (1 with Madonna & Justin Timberlake; 1 with Justin Timberlake & Nelly Futardo; 1 with Keri Hilson & DOE)

2 #1

Akon (1 with Eminem)

Clavin Harris (1 with Dizzee Rascal & Chrome)

Dizzee Rascal (1 with Clavin Harris & Chrome; 1 with Armand Van Helden)

Jay-Z (1 with Beyonce; 1 with Rihanna)

Kanye West (1 with Estelle)

Ne-Yo

P. Diddy (1 with Nelly, Notorious BIG, Avery Storm & Jagged Edge; 1 with Mario Winans)

R Kelly (1 with Ja Rule & Ashanti)

Shaggy (1 with Rayvon; 1 with Rikrok)

Usher (1 with Lil' Jon & Ludacris)