Britney to tie/eclipse Madonna

Queen Bitch

Madonna is the solo female act with the most number 1s this decade (5) but I suspect Britney may well tie with her when her new single comes out and perhaps even eclipse her if she has a second number 1 from the new album.

The Sugababes are the female act with the most number 1s in the 00s (6) - not sure if their new one will hit the top, I heard it at the gym last night and it sounded great but I'm not sure if it's number 1 material - what's the vibe on it?

I doubt Madonna will have another chart topper in 2009 so it will be interesting to see if she can maintain her lead, or at least tie, with Brit.

I was thinking the same thing, its sort of taken as given that Britneys 'comeback' is going to be MASSIVE, but to have 2 #1's, I cant see that happening, so few second singles do well these days, for anyone, bar Duffy, Rihanna, Leona and the like.

Hmm, well those were my thoughts about the album, but then i suppose regarding singles, Madonna did it with Hung Up & Sorry, which had the massive promo and 'comeback' vibe about it too, but if she does, well done is all I can say, Madge just needs to up her game :chuckle:

With the right promo in place, Madge could have COADF like results with every album, i hope Live Nation make better decisions, especially regarding single choices, but also for promotion ie. make her do a decent amount for each single. Beat Goes On will go down as her biggest missed opportunity.

Some UK people are confirming Britney won't go #1 as Aggie and Leona are releasing the same week, Leon Jackson the week before, etc.

I honestly don't think Circus will be the massive "comeback" people are talking about.

First of all it's NOT a comeback, Blackout was released just a year ago and even though Britney wasn't really in a clear mind back then and there was more or less no promo, it was still an album released that pumped out some decent hits. So it's not like Britney has been gone from the spotlight for long enough to call it a comeback.

All three singles from Blackout were at least minor hits in most markets and it still didn't help the album much even though it was a good album with good single choices.

She might tie Madonna with singles #1 in the UK but I just don't see this comeback people are talking about.

Britney is more than capable of getting to no1 and has had double no1's off 2 albums. She has never been huge in the UK - I dont think any of her albums have sold past a million.

What will enable her to get to no1's in a row is the fact her albums take time to sell. Both ITZ and Blackout debuted and dropped but then re-visisted the top 20 whenever a song was released. People wont rush oit to buy her album but that gives her a chanceof having 2 strong selling singles.

She pulled it off with Toxic/Everytime and her albums don't exactly take off in the UK - although I think Circus will be an exception to this with the planned promo, the fact that it's released in December and she's doing the X Factor.

She's passed the million mark.

...Baby One More Time - 1,200,000 + / -

Oops...! I Did It Again - 900,000 + / -

Britney - 454,534

In The Zone - 526,748

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 850,000 + / -

Blackout - 225,000 + / -

I do hope she passes Kylie's 7 #1 in the UK to become second best to Madonna. Don't care about the decade.

Her debut sold 1.2mill on the back of 2 no1 - 1 which was massive, and 2 more top 5 hits. COADF sold just as much with similar single stats and a weaker market. I think Stripped Xtina sold more than 1.8 mill right?

Britney has not got what it takes tobe big long term in the UK - as much as her songs can be quite good her mimed shows will get a lot of stick. She really needs to show that she can do it live too. None of the mime acts last that long in the UK.

She's passed the million mark.

...Baby One More Time - 1,200,000 + / -

Oops...! I Did It Again - 900,000 + / -

Britney - 454,534

In The Zone - 526,748

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 850,000 + / -

Blackout - 225,000 + / -

I do hope she passes Kylie's 7 #1 in the UK to become second best to Madonna. Don't care about the decade.

I honestly don't think Circus will be the massive "comeback" people are talking about.

First of all it's NOT a comeback, Blackout was released just a year ago and even though Britney wasn't really in a clear mind back then and there was more or less no promo, it was still an album released that pumped out some decent hits. So it's not like Britney has been gone from the spotlight for long enough to call it a comeback.

All three singles from Blackout were at least minor hits in most markets and it still didn't help the album much even though it was a good album with good single choices.

She might tie Madonna with singles #1 in the UK but I just don't see this comeback people are talking about.

OMG. I agree!!! :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

I think it will be a comeback in the sense that she will be back to her usual tricks, rather than being a total embaressment on stage like she was at the VMA's.

Whether or not the music will be hot enough to put her back in the league she used to be in remains to be seen.

Blackout had some great singles, the only thing that stopped it was her embaressing stunts really.

Zewzer is obssesed with

writing and producing credits but then he goes to Girls Aloud thread and worship them.