SEVILLE - September 16 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

promise to try

the truth is, tour dates are not selling out throughout europe, and that's her biggest market. she decided to go on the road way too soon after the confessions triumph, and ticket prices haven't helped out, either. some loons forget that she's now bigger than life. at this point, madonna tours have nothing to do with promoting a studio album, cause they do nill for the album, no matter how successful they may be. and let's face it, this is her most underwhelming show in ages. yes, this tour may be a spectacle but it lacks the ingredient that made her shows unique. she's evolved to a performer that's just working hard to relive her past glories. and that's just sad cause u can tell she's just lacking good ideas at the moment. if only she was thinking of herself more of an artist than a cold hearted cash machine these days...

Actually the U.S. is her biggest market, and she's selling out fine here. :thumbsup:

And she's doing great in S.A. :thumbsup:

:clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself! She actually doens't even tour that much compards to other major acts, Rolling Stones, U2, and the like do multiple legs in teh same markets for some tour doing 100+ shows and still tour a few years later. Lets not forget she is doing STADIUMS in Europe. It's not like she isn't not selling out arenas. Even during Re-Invention she "only" sold 62,000 out or 70,000 tix for Slane Castle. It's amazing she can sell out any stadiums with prices she is charging. It's amazing. Also I think it's nice she is doing some different places like Seville & Valencia this time. New markets mean new opptunities for new fans to see her. It's not like those who really want to see her aren't going to travel from Madrid & Barcelona to see her! I mean seriously it's like going from Minnesota to Il, not a big deal. Lastly I think it's funny how a lot of people wanted her to do a fun tour because her tours were "too serious", now she is & those same people are still complaining. Anyways, Sticky & Sweet is fantastic & I couldn't be happier with everything I have seen regarding the show so far. I am much more excited for this one than I was for Confessions!

:thumbsup::clap:

http://video.publico.es/videos/0/20211

Madonna triunfa en Sevilla con su gira 'Sticky and Sweet'

El Estadio Olímpico de la Cartuja acogió este martes por la noche el concierto de Madonna. La cantante, que acaba de cumplir cincuenta años, ofreció uno de los espectáculos de imagen y sonido más intensos del mundo del pop.

Fans in spanish fansites were complaining that she didn't tour Spain since 2001, and now that she goes there the conerts are not sold out and they're complaining that she's touring too often. :dramatic:

The dates were announced too late, I have friends of mine in Barcelona who made arrangements to go to the London, Lisbon and Paris gigs.

As someone mentioned here too, if you skip Madrid and Barcelona, what do you expect???? , and not everyone can afford to take time off work, remember the concerts are during the week, not during the weekend.

THESE are the reasons why arent sold out. Next time, they should announce all the dates at aprox the same time...

Guest gloriesbarcelona
The dates were announced too late, I have friends of mine in Barcelona who made arrangements to go to the London, Lisbon and Paris gigs.

As someone mentioned here too, if you skip Madrid and Barcelona, what do you expect???? , and not everyone can afford to take time off work, remember the concerts are during the week, not during the weekend.

THESE are the reasons why arent sold out. Next time, they should announce all the dates at aprox the same time...

:thumbsup:

I live in BCN and I bought my tickets to see the show in Nice, as there was nothing confirmed for Spain at the time.

So when the dates in Spain were announced, lots of fans already made arrangements to go and see her somewhere else...

But I think the Seville's gig was pretty packed!

I saw Tele cinco this morning, apparently Seville wasn´t sell out, but nearly, 49.000 tickets sold.Then other TV´s are saying that it was sold out.People´s and TV´s reactions were really positive (it´s funny, the only bad one was bad from a girl saying that she was expecting her to sing songs from 1998! she wanted the same show as in 2001...)

and, although TVE is the official TV for her tour here, both Antena 3 and Tele 5 gave her more time

I totally agree: all my friends are going to Paris to see her

People see 1,000 tickets of 50,000 or 60,000 or even 5,000 of 70,000 or 80,000 as a bad thing. Everyone looks at the negative side of thing no the fact that she sold 49,000, 55,000, or 75,000 tickets. They also don't talk about the shows that in fact have sold out all across the world. She'll play to probably 1.5 or more million people but the fact that 50,000 tickets didn't sell for the entire tour will be all you cry babies talk about.

I totally agree with you notsomuch.

At the end of the day she will have played to over 2 million people when showtime's over. S&S will be her most succesfull tourever and the biggest tour by a female artist. If she sells 49000 "only" out of 55000 it is no big deal. No other female act could draw as many people as our Madge!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
20minutos newsreport video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlFpIqh93Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlFpIqh93Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlFpIqh93Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

so nice to see HAPPY people enjoying themselves and her. :thumbsup:

Guest mariusfrona
I totally agree: all my friends are going to Paris to see her

LN couldnt book Madrid or barcelona because of The Champions League matches.

Guest mariusfrona

There are football matces in CL, the most important european competition for football/soccer, where Madrid and barcelona play. The shows there would have ruined the grass and this is not allowed by UEFA

There are football matces in CL, the most important european competition for football/soccer, where Madrid and barcelona play. The shows there would have ruined the grass and this is not allowed by UEFA

BArcelona play in Camp Nou, I doubt that MAdonna would have played there but in the Estadi Olympic instead (as she already did in the glorious 1990 Blond Ambition Tour).

BArcelona play in Camp Nou, I doubt that MAdonna would have played there but in the Estadi Olympic instead (as she already did in the glorious 1990 Blond Ambition Tour).

I suspect LN DID try to get Madonna in Madrid and Barcelona, since that ensures a sellout. We dont know why this didnt work out and what kind of obstacles they faced..but since they tool SO long to announce the spanish dates, i only can guess that LN was having some troubles or solving logistical issues

LOL...the woman is 50, is touring on a lukewarm album, is performing at STADIUMS and is charging three times more than everyone else and is STILL selling an insane amount of tickets,,,some of you need a reality check...your expecatations are truly UNREALISTIC for ANY artist...even Madonna!

Guest Pud Whacker
LOL...the woman is 50, is touring on a lukewarm album, is performing at STADIUMS and is charging three times more than everyone else and is STILL selling an insane amount of tickets,,,some of you need a reality check...your expecatations are truly UNREALISTIC for ANY artist...even Madonna!

yeah but she didnt sing holiday - shes a cunt.

jamie king is still on board - get rid of him.

she doesnt dance enough - fucking whore.

her outfits arent what they used to be - what a lazy bytch.

i cant hear her...why did she do stadiums? I WANT A REFUND!

she has fake hair.

those cheeks.

her backdrop videos arent what they used to be. remember beast within for RIT?

she fucked A-ROD and is waiting to divorce guy in november.

why does she write books?

direct films? - LAZY CUNT GO ON OPRAH AND SING GIVE IT 2 ME.

i mean really - she sooooooooooooo lazy.

btw, i saw cyndi lauper at borders bookstore for free and she was so much better!!!

:rotfl:

Guest boytoyville
yeah but she didnt sing holiday - shes a cunt.

jamie king is still on board - get rid of him.

she doesnt dance enough - fucking whore.

her outfits arent what they used to be - what a lazy bytch.

i cant hear her...why did she do stadiums? I WANT A REFUND!

she has fake hair.

those cheeks.

her backdrop videos arent what they used to be. remember beast within for RIT?

she fucked A-ROD and is waiting to divorce guy in november.

why does she write books?

direct films? - LAZY CUNT GO ON OPRAH AND SING GIVE IT 2 ME.

i mean really - she sooooooooooooo lazy.

btw, i saw cyndi lauper at borders bookstore for free and she was so much better!!!

:rotfl:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh Pud I so Love you. I know exactly how you feel! :inlove: