The ALL IMPORTANT QUEEN BITCH VERDICT

Queen Bitch

Overall, I was UNDERWHELMED

On the whole it was GOOD

In parts it was VERY GOOD

Occasionally it was SHEER BRILLIANCE

And occasionally it was UTTER SHITE

First of all I had no knowledge of the plebs in the cheap seats being unable to hear, until I read the papers the next day. I also don't know what all the fuss was about with the Tube - we got back to Harrow on the Hill, no problem - I was even pissed off that I hadn't booked a hotel in Central London for the Thursday night and saved myself the INDIGNANCE of having to stay at the Quality Hotel as it was the only one I could get. As far as the sound goes, I noticed it was a bit shit during Oakie's set and it was difficult to make out what she was saying when she spoke to the crowd so a BIG :thumbsdown: to Wembley for that. I was really unimpressed with the new Stadium - it totally lacks the ICONIC STATURE of its predecessor and not having a closing roof is just RIDICULOUS.

The GC is a great idea and well worth the money for tickets at face value but I'd never pay £325 on ebay again. Two of my friends got a pair of GA standing for £70 and, even though we didn't get there until around 6ish, they weren't that far behind me so I'd go for GA in future if I couldn't get GC. Incidentally, they're casual fans and loved it (apart from her not doing more of the classics) so my review is based on my HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Here goes.......

THE OPENING

Better than expected but still the most UNEVENTFUL of any Madonna tour. The performance and choreography of Candy Shop were SPOT ON but I couldn't help think that it ended too soon.

HIGHLIGTS

Beat Goes On - get this to radio now you STUPID CUNT

Into The Groove - although Dance 2Night/Jump would have been PERFECT for this treatment

Borderline - BECAUSE

La Isla Bonita - didn't expect to like this as I'm fed up of the song being constantlyreeled out but she'd really fine tuned it since Live Earth

You Must Love Me - BEAUTIFUL although it's amusing that one of the biggest cheers of the evening was for her NAILING a live vocal. :D The crowd did likewise for the high pitched screech on Ray Of Light, under the delusion it was her. :lmao:

She looks AMAZING, the plastic fantastic look is unflattering in a lot of pics, especially papp ones, but in the flesh, she's BEAUTIFUL :inlove:

LOW POINTS

Human Nature - I actually thought to myself that it was a shame there wasn't a skip button to press during this one. Dress You Up would have fitted perfectly here but instead she chose to include some minor hit (in the odd territory/flop in most of them) from her CAREER DOLDRUMS :manson:

Rain - who the fuck goes to a Madonna show to hear Eurythmics :megamanson:

I thought Hung Up would be joining these but the rock version, whilst still a RIDICULOUS idea, wasn't as bad as the promo tour - at least we didn't get the what's going on in my brain shit.

She's Not Me - loved the performance but if she's under the impression that the Material Girl video is one of her most iconic images then she's sorely deluded - the song yes, the video NO - it's like a screen test for someone who didn't get the part Marilyn did (a bit like the Joan Collins one for Cleopatra). It was STUPID to include it over the LAP video or Dita looks. Oh and PURLEEZE - the video montages were INGENIOUS back in 2000 but FFS :snore:

Get Stupid - not the interlude per se but the fact that she thinks her fans don't have the intelligence to be able to realise this themselves :electropop:

The costumes looked like she'd picked them up at Primark and are officially the WORST of any Madonna tour, EVER - not one of them could be considered iconic.

FAVOURITE SECTION

The Gypsy one - although the inclusion of Devil Wouldn't Recognise You was POINTLESS - she should have used that treatment for Justify My Love, which would have complimented her closing it with You Must Love Me. I didn't even mind the Doli Doli bit in this one.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS

Not mashing the And it feels like bits of LAP with WIFLFAG (along the lines of Impressive Instant/Burning Up) was a missed opportunity.

G12M was fine but it wasn't the JUBILANT closer I'd anticipated. She should have put this after 4Minutes and closed with LAP.

The day after Confessions I immediately booked Prague but I've no desire to see this again, I can even wait for the DVD.

I'm actually embarrassed when my non-loon friends and family ask me how it was. :nocomment:

When I got home from CT, COADF straight in the CD player - one of my friends rang me while Future Lovers was BLASTING OUT and said "She was good then?" I haven't even played HC (or anything else Madonna) since the show. In fact the first song I put on was Sexy Back.

OVERALL RATING

3/5

I'm not exactly disappointed and wouldn't have missed it for the world but in response to her have you done your homework question, I'd suggest she does hers because next time Madonna - MUST DO BETTER.

Guest bluejean

Interesting review, I enjoyed that.

What other concerts have you been to of Madonna and other artists QB? Other than all the Kylie ones I mean?

Did ya like "Borderline" that much, or it was just so necessary that any rendition would have been fine? :)

The most underwhelming opener? For me, "Erotica" was- so this one's more underwheling than that, eh? Not surprising, since neither is among her true GREATEST tracks.

Guest bluejean

Well the Reinvention opening was the most iconic performance she's done this decade. And Confessions opening was the most spectacular entrance she's ever had, so it's no wonder this one seems a little under whelming.

Thanks QB

I will have to agree, based on the numerous clips I have seen.

I am actually glad that I spoiled the whole concert because I was setting my expectations too high!

I will be happy to see this one just ONCE wether I get a decent ticket or not.

I did love your closing statement:

"but in response to her have you done your homework question, I'd suggest she does hers because next time Madonna - MUST DO BETTER."

So TRUE! :thumbsup::clap:

Thank you for the very honest review.

I’m glad that I’ve found a few reasons not to go to see her.

1. Madonna’s standing still and faking guitar-playing bore me to death. I’d rather see Courtney Love, seriously.

2. Kitsch costumes and inartistic choreography. Madge, please stop jumping rope! You’re trying unnecessarily hard to look young. It's getting beyond embarrassing.

Thanks, your review is pretty much what I felt. Candy Shop was her most UNDERWHELMING opening ever. Human Nature, Why?

Too many video interludes and not very good ones either. Rock version of HU total and utter shite. Why she thinks anyone

wants to listen to that version is beyond me, put the guitar down woman its embarrassing. The orignal HU version would have

had the stadium jumping. The rock version especially the ending was DIRE. ROL was recycled and LAZY. Spanish Lessons and Doli Doli should have been

dropped and replaced with Dress You Up and WTG. GI2M was misplaced as a closer, she should have finished with a classic.

The sound in the GC was sometimes distorted and had too much bass which at times drowned out her vocals. Nowhere

near as good as the sound on RIT and CT. She needs to leave it at least 3 years before she tours again. Jamie King has had his

day and needs to GO. The video screens and stage were too small. She should have had a runway each side that went into the crowd similar to CT

On the plus side I loved ITTG and She's Not Me. YML was brilliant she really nailed the vocal. LAP was fantastic but I think she mimed

most of it. Why? I was pleasantly surprised with Miles Away, it got a really a good reaction from the crowd. The site of 70,000+ people with their

arms in the air and clapping along was wonderful. As was looking around and seeing the whole stadium singing Express Yourself.

The HC era has been a mess and the S&S tour pretty much reflects that.

IF she decides to play stadiums next time aorund she really needs to come up with the goods. People are playing top dollar and they need to feel like

they are getting their moneys worth. Glad I am only seeing this tour once. She can and has done better. Time to take a break Madge, recharge your batteries, come up with some fresh ideas and relax a bit love.

Thanks, your review is pretty much what I felt. Candy Shop was her most UNDERWHELMING opening ever. Human Nature, Why?

Too many video interludes and not very good ones either. Rock version of HU total and utter shite. Why she thinks anyone

wants to listen to that version is beyond me, put the guitar down woman its embarrassing. The orignal HU version would have

had the stadium jumping. The rock version especially the ending was DIRE. ROL was recycled and LAZY. Spanish Lessons and Doli Doli should have been

dropped and replaced with Dress You and WTG. GI2M was misplaced as a closer, she should have finished with a classic.

The sound in the GC was sometimes distorted and had too much bass which at times drowned out her vocals. Nowhere

near as good as the sound on RIT and CT. She needs to leave it at least 3 years before she tours again. Jamie King has had his

day and needs to GO. The video screens and stage were too small. She should have had a runway each side that went into the crowd similar to CT

On the plus side I loved ITTG and She's Not Me. YML was brilliant she really nailed the vocal. LAP was fantastic but I think she mimed

most of it. Why? I was pleasantly surprised with Miles Away, it got a really a good reaction from the crowd. The site of 70,000+ people with their

arms in the air and clapping along was wonderful. As was looking around and seeing the whole stadium singing Express Yourself.

The HC era has been a mess and the S&S tour pretty much reflects that.

IF she decides to play stadiums next time aorund she really needs to come up with the goods. People are playing top dollar and they need to feel like

they are getting their moneys worth. Glad I am only seeing this tour once. She can and has done better. Time to take a break Madge, recharge your batteries, come up with some fresh ideas and relax a bit love.

:asian:

She needs to leave it at least 3 years before she tours again.

Definitely but if Warners release a CH album towards the end of next year, she'll probably tour that in 2010.

Jamie King has had his day and needs to GO.

I don't understand why she keeps going with the tried and tested these days, it was the reverse, earlier in her career when she ditched successful collaborators quite quickly.

Everyone knows she did a Marilyn pastiche for the video - the look belongs to Monroe - it just looked like a Marilyn impersonator to me, not Madonna.

I agree.Also, the wig is very Marilyn and not Madonna.

The cow-girl look is more iconic.And the Confessions Madonna too.And why no Blond Ambition Madonna but only Vogue Madonna?

I agree.Also, the wig is very Marilyn and not Madonna.

The cow-girl look is more iconic.And the Confessions Madonna too.And why no Blond Ambition Madonna but only Vogue Madonna?

Indeed - there's loads of her *own* iconic images for her to choose from.

Speaking of the cowgirl look - what is it with these fat girls and rubbish gheys who are *still* wearing fluffy cowboy hats to Madonna shows. Is it just a UK thing? I can't say I noticed any at CT.

Indeed - there's loads of her *own* iconic images for her to choose from.

Speaking of the cowgirl look - what is it with these fat girls and rubbish gheys who are *still* wearing fluffy cowboy hats to Madonna shows. Is it just a UK thing? I can't say I noticed any at CT.

No, it's an europe thing I guess.It was the same in Nice and Rome.Sad, but the cowgirl look is probably her most iconic becase it's very easy to create.You just need a gay hat. :lmao:

Guest bluejean

I can see what you're saying about the Monroe thing. Although I think most people who see the show have seen the Material Girl video surely.

It seems she only included the Madonna's that she feels are the most outdated. She was hardly going to have Hung Up or Music Madonna up there. Dita would have been good though.