BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

I read an article online that said the St. Petersburg date was incorrectly published on Billboard that it was actually 57,000 not 27,000 but as soon as I tried to copy/paste the link I lost the page. So I checked Wikipedia and it has the 57,000 number listed.

That sounds more accurate since there was obviously more people there...

I read an article online that said the St. Petersburg date was incorrectly published on Billboard that it was actually 57,000 not 27,000 but as soon as I tried to copy/paste the link I lost the page. So I checked Wikipedia and it has the 57,000 number listed.

Could you copy and paste the entire article?

Doubt it...it would've grossed much more than $4.5M.

Guest Danny86

^Yes, Milan with 55,000 people grossed $6.5 million and that didn't have those expensive VIP tickets. It's not possible that the attendance was amended but not the gross. It's just someone on Wiki trying to come up with an explanation.

There's a press release about Tallinn show, they claim almost 80,000 people attended. Boxscore was only 72,000:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Madonna/Tallinn/prweb2738944.htm

On August 4, the capital city of Estonia hosted one of the biggest concerts in Eastern Europe as pop icon Madonna and her Sticky & Sweet Tour performed at the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds. The internationally active Estonian entrepreneur and owner of KC Grupp, Margus Reinsalu, assumes that the Tallinn concert with its near 80,000 spectators might well also be one of the most extensive concerts of the whole tour in regards to the number of spectators.

Guest boytoyville

It is possible that they sold a lot of cheaper tickets so the gross is the same but made a typo mistake when they printed the boxscore. Anyone of verification of this supposed change to the boxscore?

Guest jamesshot

Could you copy and paste the entire article?

I lost the article. Can't find where saw it. But it is strange that I checked Wikipedia right after that and it had the same 57,000 number.

What do you mean you can't find the article? Your computer does not have a history of all the websites you've visited?

Yeah, strange that you're the only one that has seen this article referencing 57,000. Right after you saw this article you checked wikipedia and the site referenced the same number. The same number from the same article that has never been seen by anyone else and can not be found.

57,000 it is...

Guest jamesshot

What do you mean you can't find the article? Your computer does not have a history of all the websites you've visited?

Yeah, strange that you're the only one that has seen this article referencing 57,000. Right after you saw this article you checked wikipedia and the site referenced the same number. The same number from the same article that has never been seen by anyone else and can not be found.

57,000 it is...

Whatever. I saw the article on a google search somewhere between pages 6-10. I quickly looked at Wikipedia and saw the same number. I didn't feel like going back in google and looking for the article. Wikipedia did have the number at 57,000 as many saw. I don't know why you are being so snarky. We've all moved on. It was corrected on Wikipedia.

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold West Harbour

Helsinki, Finland

Aug. 6, 2009

$12,148,455

85,354 /

1 / 1

$167.42, $139.28

Live Nation Global Touring

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Ullevi Stadion

Goteborg, Sweden

Aug. 8-9, 2009

$14,595,910

119,709 /

2 / 2

$167.17, $97.22

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Parken Stadion

Copenhagen, Denmark

Aug. 11, 2009

$6,709,250

48,064 /

1 / 1

$266.48, $75.19

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Chodov Natural Amphitheatre

Prague, Czech Republic

Aug. 13, 2009

$3,835,776

42,682 /

1 / 1

$411.86, $49.97

Madonna Bemowo Airport

Warsaw, Poland

Aug. 15, 2009

$6,526,867

79,343 /

1 / 1

$125.79, $69.18

Guest Danny86

Gothenburg attendance is the same as U2 last week!!!

1 U2, Snow Patrol Ullevi Stadion

Goteborg, Sweden

July 31-Aug. 1, 2009

$11,047,995

119,297 /

2 /

$162, $55.15

So there goes the theory about round stage allowing more seats to be used?

Goteborg, Sweden

July 31-Aug. 1, 2009

$11,047,995

119,297 /

2 /

$162, $55.15

:wow: :wow:

Guest sanctuary

Goteborg, Sweden

July 31-Aug. 1, 2009

$11,047,995

119,297 /

2 /

$162, $55.15

So there goes the theory about round stage allowing more seats to be used?

maybe U2 didn't sell very well in Gothenburg....

With their stage they can use all the available seats in the stadium, Madonna can't.....

Guest Danny86

maybe U2 didn't sell very well in Gothenburg....

With their stage they can use all the available seats in the stadium, Madonna can't.....

Almost the same amount of seats and 3 million less gross for 2 shows, they sold just as well (you can see their cheapest ticket is almost half of Madonna's cheapest).

Wikipedia says the concert capacity of Ullevi is 60,000, which means practically all the seats were used for both Madonna and U2, Madonna even used a bit more. So they are saying U2's stage is not different from Madonna's at all.

Almost the same amount of seats and 3 million less gross for 2 shows, they sold just as well (you can see their cheapest ticket is almost half of Madonna's cheapest).

Wikipedia says the concert capacity of Ullevi is 60,000, which means practically all the seats were used for both Madonna and U2, Madonna even used a bit more. So they are saying U2's stage is not different from Madonna's at all.

U2's roundabout stage allows a much bigger capacity than Madonna's. In Milan for example, they had an audience of 75,000 compared to about 60,000 for Madonna. They sell ALL the seats to the side and behind the stage which is blocked off by Madonna's end stage set-up. If you look at youtube, you can clearly see that their stage allows for a much bigger capacity. The only explanation is that they did not completely sell out Ullevi but of course, they met their projected sell-out numbers so it's still listed as sold-out. That aside, those are really impressive numbers by Madonna. Well done Madge.

Guest boytoyville

That is awesome that Madonna outsold U2 at Gothenburg with her END STAGE production. That is just crazy insane good! The other numbers are WOW as well! Just FANTASTIC!

Guest Danny86

U2's roundabout stage allows a much bigger capacity than Madonna's. In Milan for example, they had an audience of 75,000 compared to about 60,000 for Madonna. They sell ALL the seats to the side and behind the stage which is blocked off by Madonna's end stage set-up. If you look at youtube, you can clearly see that their stage allows for a much bigger capacity. The only explanation is that they did not completely sell out Ullevi but of course, they met their projected sell-out numbers so it's still listed as sold-out. That aside, those are really impressive numbers by Madonna. Well done Madge.

I understand that, but it seems the projected sellout number equals the total capacity! That's why this is very surprising.

I understand that, but it seems the projected sellout number equals the total capacity! That's why this is very surprising.

Then the total capacity for Ulevi should be more than 60,000. That's probably just the total seating capacity like for soccer games. For end stage set-ups, the standing capacity more or less makes up for the seated section which are not used but for a roundabout stage like U2's, the entire seating areas are available plus you ADD the capacity of the floor. It's just common sense, Madonna's stage set-up which blocks off a lot of the side and backstage seated areas and which includes a catwalk and mini-stage which also eats up the some of the floor area, does not utilize the entire stadium while U2's set-up, apart from the roundabout stage itself, has all the seated areas and the rest of the floor area available. As I previously said, look at youtube and you'll clearly see how much more audience capacity U2 has compared to end stage set-ups. It seems that U2's projected sell-out numbers were less than the real sell-out numbers if every seat were sold and every standing room ticket were sold and that's why they met their sell-out figures.

Those are amazing numbers !!! I am so curious about the numbers from Bucharest :p

well since you are going why don't you count them and let us know :p

ok so how much has this tour made thus far dammit????? $$$$$$$$$ baby

i'm dying to know now

Posted by pdc1987 at Pulse:

Madonna

Billboard BoxScore

Sticky & Sweet Tour - 2nd Leg

-Totals thus far...

20 shows out of 20 sold out

870,284 tickets out of 870,284 sold

$103,731,718 grossed

---

Sticky & Sweet Tour

-Totals thus far...

77 shows out of 78 sold out

3,207,592 tickets out of 3,219,138 sold

$374,186,236 grossed

Guest boytoyville

^ According to wikipedia which I have been periodically reviewing the information and trying to keep it as accurate as possible, the totals so far for the tour are:

3,224,135 / 3,235,681 (99%) $371,358,619

This is slightly different from what you posted. I'm not sure where the discrepency is....

Guest boytoyville

Madonna just needs to average a little over 4 million a show now to reach 400 million dollars for this tour and she will easily get that, especially with those expensive show in Isreal. This is a much touring milestone for the touring industry and especially Madonna.

Guest jamesshot

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of the music industry can't put up numbers like she is putting up. No other solo artist, man or woman, can get as many people in concert seats like Madonna can. At whatever price. Just incredible.

What is even more amazing is how she has been a touring force her entire career. This just didn't start this decade.

Madonna just needs to average a little over 4 million a show now to reach 400 million dollars for this tour and she will easily get that, especially with those expensive show in Isreal. This is a much touring milestone for the touring industry and especially Madonna.

Yes! I was worried she might not hit $400 million (that is almost half a BILLION!!) but I think she should if Israel delivers. Munich & Budapest should put her over $380 million, Belgrade-Bucharest-Sophia should push it well past $390 million, and the two shows in Israel will HOPEFULLY deliver the final blow.

Thank you Scandinavia for bringin' this horse closer to the finish line!