BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

Guest boytoyville

I'm annoyed that they didn't have the numbers this week but there is stll hope. I see that some shows from October were reported this time by other artist so it must be 7 months,not 7weeks they have to report the numbers.

just to remind everyone

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet 08 tour become the sixth largest grossing tour of all time following:-

1. Rolling Stones' (558 million USD) for the 2005-7 Bigger Bang tour with 144 shows.

2. U2's (389 million USD) for the 2005-6 Vertigo tour with 133 concerts.

3. The Police's (350 million USD) for their 151-concert 2007-8 reunion tour.

4. Rolling Stones' (320 million USD) gross for its 1994-5 The Voodoo Lounge Tour for 128 shows.

5. Rolling Stones' (312 million USD) gross from their 2002-3 Licks tour with over 121 shows.

she'll easily become #4 and possibly #3... #2 is assured if she adds Japan and Australia...

Guest boytoyville

^She will make approx 120+ million dollars more with this extension. She is already at 282 million and she grossed 116 million from only 17 dates before in Europe and this time she is doing 24-25 dates in all this time so she will probably get to number 2 with 400+ million in total and with far less shows than the rest.

^She will make approx 120+ million dollars more with this extension. She is already at 282 million and she grossed 116 million from only 17 dates before in Europe and this time she is doing 24-25 dates in all this time so she will probably get to number 2 with 400+ million in total and with far less shows than the rest.

but Europe last time was like an all-stadium gig right? are the new dates for europe stadiums mostly?

Good news you guys:

Billboard BoxscoreTM

Concert Grosses

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/

Capacity Shows/

Sellouts Prices Promoters

1 Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Estadio do Morumbi

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Dec. 18, 20-21, 2008

$15,462,185

196,656 /

3 /

$252.10, $67.23

Live Nation Global Touring/T4F-Time For Fun

2 Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Estadio do Maracana

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dec. 14-15, 2008

$7,322,269

107,000 /

2 /

$252.10, $75.63

Live Nation Global Touring/T4F-Time For Fun

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/boxs...G!245363557

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Dec. 18, 20-21, 2008

$15,462,185

196,656 /

This is just astonishing

Edited by magom

And the controversy starts now:

S&S Tour total gross as per Billboard US$ 270,544,518... Not the 281.6 million Polistar said.

Why?

Guest boytoyville

FINALLY we got the numbers. The billboard stats just report THE SELLOUT TRESHOLD, I'm sure they were able to sell tix beyond their expectations at some of these stadium dates. NOT EVERY SINGLE LAST TICKET is reported for every show. Therefore the extra tickets sold would add to the additional tally per billboard thus totalling 282 million for Live Nation gross sales. Madonna's tour is the best selling solo tour ever and she isn't stopping now. It's going to top way beyond 300 million. It's ASTONISHING!

Guest jamesshot

Seating must have been very limited at Maracana. Only about 53,000 at each show? I thought that stadium was ginormous!

Great numbers though.

Seating must have been very limited at Maracana. Only about 53,000 at each show? I thought that stadium was ginormous!

Great numbers though.

I was wondering about that also. 53,000 is a big stadium, but not a huge stadium. She probably put the stage in the middle of the stadium?

Guest jamesshot
I was wondering about that also. 53,000 is a big stadium, but not a huge stadium. She probably put the stage in the middle of the stadium?

That has to be it. I kept hearing how Maracana seats 100,000 or something like that so halfway would make sense. It obviously wasn't because she couldn't sellout that stadium in full capacity. More likely if they limited the size of the crowd it was to give concert goers better seats and therefore higher prices?

Guest jamesshot

Let me add-My GOD this woman is a touring force. From way back to the Virgin tour through Sticky and Sweet, she has always had the ability to draw a large, enraptured crowd. I sit in amazement at her concert success. Looking at old tour footage of huge adoring crowds for VT, WTG, BA, GS, to more recent DWT, RIT, CT and SST....its insane! She never fails to turn them out. No matter if she is having a ebb or flow in her career, her concert success just stays the same.

She has got an almost supernatural stage presence.

Guest boytoyville
Let me add-My GOD this woman is a touring force. From way back to the Virgin tour through Sticky and Sweet, she has always had the ability to draw a large, enraptured crowd. I sit in amazement at her concert success. Looking at old tour footage of huge adoring crowds for VT, WTG, BA, GS, to more recent DWT, RIT, CT and SST....its insane! She never fails to turn them out. No matter if she is having a ebb or flow in her career, her concert success just stays the same.

She has got an almost supernatural stage presence.

Excellent point and very well said. :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

Main reason being I would imagine is that fact that the Macarana in Rio in contrast to the Morumbi stadium in Sao Paulo is less oval and more cicular creating a bigger part of the stadium that her end stage production blocks off and more obstructed vewing in general.

Guest hot revolver

thos fucking idots at billboard need a damn calculator

edit: sorry guys i had a rough day but seriously they cant count or what?

Edited by hot revolver

Just looking at the numbers from the Latin American market, Take a look at how great she did in Mexico in comparison to Argentina, Chile and Brasil, The average price per ticket in Mexico was US$100 while in the other countries was US$69 the lowest / US$79 the highest.

She should have comback to Guadalajara and Monterrey Jan or Feb '09 as rumored, and she could have made another 10 millions. How blind LN and she are, they are stupids.

Edited by magom