BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

Celine fans making up their own press releases. Note the spelling and grammar issues :chuckle:

*edit* It was apparently a "quote" that was added by a Celine fan and not part of the press release.

On UKMix:

(Reuters)

Celine's average per concert in North America is 2 million dolars so she will reach more 50 million dolars with the 25 concerts next year.

That means her tour will probably gross around 286,6 million dolars. Only more 5 million than the tour of Madonna.

They will end very close.

Bill says:

December 31, 2008 at 7:21 am

Listen people, don’t you get it?????????

In the last several weeks Celine Dion has added extra dates in her Taking Chances Tour because she knew that she couldn’t gross more than Madonna’s Sticky & Sweet 58 dates, despite having twice more shows scheduled (about 120 dates).

Celine Dion fans have been complaining on her forums that they have been tricked, they bought expensive tickets for her supposed final shows, but after that several more date have been added continuously. Don’t you get it, what Celine’s team did was to add those extra shoes so that they can make sure she overpasses Madonna’s SS Tour?

Celine’s tour was officially programmed to be over around 12 February (the same when her tour started, a year ago), but now it’s 26 February, because team Celine added more shows, realising that TCT couldn’t outgross Madonna’s SS Tour with only those dates, even though they were already twice more shows than Madonna’s 58 (around 120, now thay are 134 because of the last dates added in the last moment).

What Madonna and Live Nation should do is to quickly announce a 2nd part for her SS Tour early this year and put ticketes for sales. Madonna can easily sellout several stadiums in Australia, Asia, Eastern Europe (Turkey, Russia etc) and for instance easily add 50 million $ to her total so far (280 million $), from only 10 shows

It would be such a shame for her tour not to ramain the first tour for a solo artist, because there were only 58 dates in only 4 months, whereas Celine’s has 134 dates in more than a year (with the extra shows added in the last moment on purpose to outgross Madonna)!!! and even so it will be so close!!!

Madonna should stop directing stupid movies next year that nobody cares about, cancel all her side projects and concentrate on adding some extra dates to her SS Tour, she only needs 10-15 stadium shows (over 50 million $ in gross) that she could do in a month or so to maintain her record! I’m sure that’s what her fans want!!!!!

Amazing #s! And HAHA @ the foolish fans here and on other forums who said awhile ago that it wouldn't be worthwhile for her to tour in "3rd world" Latin America! :manson::chuckle: Can't wait for Brazil's stats!

WHO said that? :electropop:

WHO said that? :electropop:

it doesnt make sense for her to go to argentina. she has to bring ticket prices way down and get sponsors.....ITS ALL just wishful thinking,, she is not going to biuenos aires.

The same thing happenned during DW, AND CONFESSIONS.

:vanitybonet:

Guest sanctuary

sorry for my bad english. This is the first time I post in this forum.

Billboard said that BonJovi had the most succesfull tour of the year as it grossed 210 $ and now pollstar say the tour grossed only 173 $.

How could it be possible? Billboard reported every date of BonJovi so they can't be wrong!

Plus billboard has only reported a few dates of Celine, so where did Pollstar found this number?

In the end I think only Billboard has the authority to say who has the most succesfull tour.

I'm really sorry for my bad english I hope you could understand what I'm trying to explain.

They use different time periods - Billboard is from Nov to Nov, Pollstar from Dec to Dec. That may explain the difference.

Billboard only reports concert grosses notified by promoters. Pollstar does its own compilation research.

Guest Danny86
In the end I think only Billboard has the authority to say who has the most succesfull tour.

I'm sure that's gonna be an issue in the industry.

And there are a few fans here whose biggest priority is Madonna breaking records, but the majority of the fans won't lose sleep if Celine's 3 times longer tour will gross more in the end.

Guest heartmadonna.

if m kept the concert going she would have made like 350million, no offense to celine or fans here, but i dont know how anyone can sit thru her concert for 2 hrs

Don't even keep your hopes up for an S&S Tour extension... although we would all be pleased if she extends it...

It's already nice to see how desperate Team Celine is when it comes to concert records...

MADONNA will be back bigger and better by her next tour... let's just hope she stays fit, otherwise, that'll be the end of it...

Guest FrozenLight
^ Fantastic. Well there you have it. Celine came in at a distant second. Interesting that they included the numbers not reported to billboard. There we have it once and for all Madonna killed her tour gross with 73 less shows as I predicted she would months ago. :dramatic:

Celine's current reported gross doesn't include her 2009 dates so by the time she is done in Feb 2009 her gross will be comparable to the S & S tour. Either way, both have done extremely well and they both deserve their success

I'm sure that's gonna be an issue in the industry.

And there are a few fans here whose biggest priority is Madonna breaking records, but the majority of the fans won't lose sleep if Celine's 3 times longer tour will gross more in the end.

I think it will cause some debate, yes.

Billboard can't claim what wasn't reported to them; therefore, by Billboard M is gonna have the biggest tour by a solo artist.

Guest boytoyville
Celine's current reported gross doesn't include her 2009 dates so by the time she is done in Feb 2009 her gross will be comparable to the S & S tour. Either way, both have done extremely well and they both deserve their success

Even with her 25 more shows it won't end up outgrossing Madonna's though it will be fairly close. I do congradulate Celine though on a wonderful job. I think she know who's was BY FAR more profitable though. Fa less production costs with Madonna's as she doesn't have to keep staff hired for as long as Celine and haul around the stage for another year. What Madonna accomplishes in such a short time really is phenomenal.

Guest denisebella
Even with her 25 more shows it won't end up outgrossing Madonna's though it will be fairly close. I do congradulate Celine though on a wonderful job. I think she know who's was BY FAR more profitable though. Fa less production costs with Madonna's as she doesn't have to keep staff hired for as long as Celine and haul around the stage for another year. What Madonna accomplishes in such a short time really is phenomenal.
I want istead to congratulate with all many deluded Celine's fans who goes around in every forum making up official press release to make it look like Celine will get for sure the top grossed tour ever ( see Hafo' s post above :lmao::lmao: ), they are really desperate and simply cannot accept the thrut, thanks to Hafo that on UKMIX.ORG has unmasked those cheater, deluded fans :thumbsup:

Bon Jovi? not A FUCKING CHANCE. he performed in my country for HALF the audience in a stadium.

even when M didnt sell out they were only talking about a few hundred seats, not a few thousands like for example bon jovi. sorry but theres no way bon jovi sold more than Madonna. not a fucking chance.

Guest denisebella
Bon Jovi? not A FUCKING CHANCE. he performed in my country for HALF the audience in a stadium.

even when M didnt sell out they were only talking about a few hundred seats, not a few thousands like for example bon jovi. sorry but theres no way bon jovi sold more than Madonna. not a fucking chance.

Madge easily outsold Bon Jovi if you count all madonna dates, Billboard counted the concerts from Nov 2007-Nov 2008, so it miss many Madge dates!

Exactly u seem to be the only one here who tends to be right. Her numbers with *HALF* the dates of Celine Dion are just incredible. Break the record i don't care the amount of dates she's done with a gross of 280M + is downright phenomenal. The Queen of the world not just certain countries! :)

Even though Celines numbers are amazing and she she certainly worked her ass off to achieve them, but adding more and more dates, for whatever reason, shows one thing: She simply has no other things to do, no other obligations. I guess it´s a completely different situation with Madonna. Most likely she´s already busy with another project. And to all those who are so worried about this f*cking record: I dare to say once her contract with LN is finished, another achievement will be part of her legacy: "Most successfull tour of all time".

Guest denisebella
Even though Celines numbers are amazing and she she certainly worked her ass off to achieve them, but adding more and more dates, for whatever reason, shows one thing: She simply has no other things to do, no other obligations. I guess it´s a completely different situation with Madonna. Most likely she´s already busy with another project. And to all those who are so worried about this f*cking record: I dare to say once her contract with LN is finished, another achievement will be part of her legacy: "Most successfull tour of all time".

Celine's numbers are amazing?? :lmao::lmao: Celine's numbers considering the number of date she played are just pathetic, don't forget she toured for A WHOLE YEAR with more than 130 dates, other act with the same number of concert have achieved the top grossing tour ever in history, ( Rolling Stone, U2 ), whereas she barely get what Madonna grossed in just 4 months :wacko:

Imagine what'd happen if Madge keep on touring for other 70 dates! :lmao::lmao:

I'm no big Dion fan, but no one could say Dion's numbers are "pathetic"- she's had a lot of reported sellouts, and, she's probably one of the hardest-working women in terms of touring. I don't know any other female who tours for that lengthy a period of time. Doesn't mean she's an amazing performer or has amazing shows, but her work ethic/commitment can't be disputed.

Celine's numbers are amazing?? :lmao::lmao: Celine's numbers considering the number of date she played are just pathetic, don't forget she toured for A WHOLE YEAR with more than 130 dates, other act with the same number of concert have achieved the top grossing tour ever in history, ( Rolling Stone, U2 ), whereas she barely get what Madonna grossed in just 4 months :wacko:

Bitch please. Use your brain to think not your ass.

I want istead to congratulate with all many deluded Celine's fans who goes around in every forum making up official press release to make it look like Celine will get for sure the top grossed tour ever ( see Hafo' s post above :lmao::lmao: ), they are really desperate and simply cannot accept the thrut, thanks to Hafo that on UKMIX.ORG has unmasked those cheater, deluded fans :thumbsup:

:lol: Yes! They took an article from Reuters at:

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...=22&sp=true

And added an extra paragraph:

With 236.6 dollars grossed and AT LEAST 24 concerts to go, the Taking Chances Tour is expected to gross about 305 million dollars, thus outgrossing Sticky And Sweet and becoming the most successful tour EVER by a solo artist.

I'm not disputing Celine's wonderful achievement but for her fans to doctor an article from a reputable news agency is rather pathetic. :lol:

Both M and Celine did a phenomenal job. And *if* Celine were to outgross Madonna by the end of TC tour then M will probably beat that record on her next tour. Watch....by the end of her LN contract Madonna is gonna be grossing like half a billion dollars during a 4 month tour! lol

She sure is setting a high precedent for herself. I can already see the meltdown if one of her future doesn't break some sort of record. :dramatic: "it only grossed $400 million instead of Cher's $410 million from her The Farewell To End All Farewells Tour 2014-2017.....FLOOOOOOP!!!" :lol:

Celine's #'s are amazing. Both women accomplished a phenomenal feat. But, even though they might reach the same #, they both did it in different ways. Madonna is a much bigger draw than Celine. Madonna can get away with charging a lot more than Celine and she can sellout a stadium pretty much anywhere, Celine can't do that. There's nothing pathetic about Celine's #'s though. They are highly impressive. She's just not at Madonna's level. No female is though.

You've probably just seen Madonna's boxscores. Most pop concerts that take place in an arena have boxscores that are around 350,000-1M a show.

Guest denisebella
Bitch please. Use your brain to think not your ass.

I think you'd better use your brain too reading a post! :nocomment:

The thing is Celine' tour can't be compared to Madonna first of all for the number of concert they have done (135-58), 2)for their extention (1 year-4 months)!

It will be more fair instead to compare Celine's last tour to a U2 or RS tour,and comparing the grosses you'll see Celie numbers are rather pathetic!

Guest O_Jared

Madonnas numbers are amazing, but NO ONE should be blind to the fact that Celine Dion has amazing numbers----I mean by the time her tour is finished she will have grossed close to $300 MILLION DOLLARS! (She's already at 236 MILLION)

How in the HELL is that Pathetic? See if Mariah Carey could pull those numbers........HeeeeeeeeeeeeLLL no!

I'm sorry but Celine deserves MAJOR PROPS!