BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

I remember that opening night in LA in 2004 made $200,000 in merchandise...i think it was USA today or some other newspaper.

probably close to $500K in a stadium - euro/uk would be higher in USD due to the currency back then. latin/south america is probably going to be high because she hasn't been there in a while

oh so it's safe to say that from the Tour and Merchandise, LIVE NATION may get $28M and possibly $7M...

so it's $35M-$40M per TOUR for Live Nation... not too shabby...

MADONNA can still deliver 5M Albums and 400k DVDs worldwide...

MADONNA will get $254M dollars from ticket grosses, even if she only gets $100M from that, she'll still be so high for FORBES next year

i wonder how much they sell thru merchandise...

According to Signature Network, The Drowned World Tour averaged $270,000 per show (an average of about $17-18 a head) in merchandising gross. I suspect she's doing a higher number than that now due to the price of tour programs and T-shirts is more now at her shows, as well as the fact that she's doing stadiums.

According to Signature Network, The Drowned World Tour averaged $270,000 per show (an average of about $17-18 a head) in merchandising gross. I suspect she's doing a higher number than that now due to the price of tour programs and T-shirts is more now at her shows, as well as the fact that she's doing stadiums.

and the merchandising looks cheaper this time...

^ They are just talking about the North American portion of the tour. That combined with the European grosses it's over 200 million excluding South America. The perdicted gross by the promotor and published by billboard is 282 million. The highest grossing tour EVER by a solo artist. Read the article dear. :lol:

WOW, I knew the tour was doing very well but didn't know it was that successful, anyway that really is amazing!!!! Congrats to M, definitely The Queen of Touring :thumbsup:

the tour program was actually cheap at only 20 bucks!

Guest heartmadonna.

do they change prices of the merch at each venue? cuz i think it was 30$ at the one i went to, and the shirts were 45$ is that how it was everywhere?

do they change prices of the merch at each venue? cuz i think it was 30$ at the one i went to, and the shirts were 45$ is that how it was everywhere?

They must. I am pretty sure I paid $30 in Chicago this time around, and come to think of it, a friend of mine who saw Confessions in L.A. said that the T-shirts were marked up higher at the show in Vegas (which we went to together).

Does anybody knows how it works for Boxcores the conversion of local currency to US Dollars?. I mean, if they take the exchange rate from the time the tickets went on sale, or they take the e.r. at the time the concert actually happen.

I mean when the S&S tickets went on sale in Mexico and Brasil there was no economic crisis and the exchange rate of the Mexican peso to USD was lower than now.

That means, for example, if the total gross of the concert in Mexico is 80,000,000 pesos, converted to the exchange rate four months ago was 7,619,000 dollars. Converted now is 5,925,900 dollars.

It might not be interesting to anyone, it just cross my mind.

Anyway, Thanks

Guest FrozenLight
Does anybody knows how it works for Boxcores the conversion of local currency to US Dollars?. I mean, if they take the exchange rate from the time the tickets went on sale, or they take the e.r. at the time the concert actually happen.

I mean when the S&S tickets went on sale in Mexico and Brasil there was no economic crisis and the exchange rate of the Mexican peso to USD was lower than now.

That means, for example, if the total gross of the concert in Mexico is 80,000,000 pesos, converted to the exchange rate four months ago was 7,619,000 dollars. Converted now is 5,925,900 dollars.

Anyway, Thanks

Good point I was thinking about the same thing a few weeks ago. I would think it depends when Live Nation got paid I suppose. Logically since tickets went on late a few months ago I would think that the old formula for currency conversation would be used but it could be the other way around

I thought they were $25-30 this time out? That's what I paid.

mine was 20.00 in philadelphia but i paid 45.00 for both the confessions and rit book in philadelphia!

Guest boytoyville

Anyway, Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's whatever it is at the time the transaction occurs, thus most tickets are sold at the exchange rate at the time of the initial onsale. However, I could be wrong.....anybody know for sure?

Bon Jovi Scores 2008's Top-Grossing Tour

Bon Jovi

December 11, 2008 12:01 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Bon Jovi's Lost Highway tour tops the list of the biggest tours for 2008, based on data reported to Billboard Boxscore from Nov. 14, 2007, through Nov. 11, 2008. The trek, promoted in North America and Europe by AEG Live, grossed $210.6 million and drew 2,157,675 fans.

In second place is Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's Magic tour, which grossed $204.5 million for the period. Springsteen reported another $31 million for last year, taking his two-year Boxscore total to more than $235 million.

Rounding out the top 10 are Madonna ($162 million for the still-underway Sticky & Sweet tour), the Police ($150 million on the second leg of their reunion tour), Celine Dion ($91 million), Kenny Chesney ($86 million), Neil Diamond ($81.2 million), Spice Girls ($70 million), Eagles ($56.6 million) and Rascal Flatts ($55.8 million).

The Spice Girls' 17 sellouts at the O2 Arena last December-January were the highest-grossing engagement of the year, taking in $33.8 million and drawing 256,647. Other top Boxscores for the year were Celine Dion at the Bell Centre in Montreal ($23.1 million), Madonna at Stade de France in Paris ($17.6 million), Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tenn. (about $17 million), and Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. ($14.2 million).

For the overall touring industry, grosses reported to Billboard Boxscore totaled slightly less than $4 billion worldwide, the most ever for a year and up almost 13% over last year.

But global reported concert attendance is virtually flat, with 6% fewer shows. And North American concert attendance is down nearly 2%, after a nearly 20% decrease last year, continuing a troubling trend. Better news is evident on a show-by-show basis; the average box office gross in North America is up 18% and average attendance is up 6.3%, reflecting that some of the attendance decline can be attributed to a decrease in the overall show count.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/bon-jo...003921575.story

................................................................................

................................................................................

$162 million of Sticky and Sweet from only 33 dates. Highest gross average per show than everyone because Bon Jovi tour 99 dates and Springsteen tour 100 dates.

and from LIVENATION press release SS will end with 282 million if this is true , SS will be the real highest grossing tour of 2008 :thumbsup:

Edited by nahedum

and from LIVENATION press release SS will end with 282 million if this is true , SS will be the real highest grossing tour of 2008 :thumbsup:

I DEMAND ANOTHER MASSIVE ARTICLE FROM BILLBOARD FOR THAT!!! :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

I wish she would go to Australia and Japon, Maybe next time they won't be too interested in her.

She can always come back to Latin America.

I hope all those issues and complains we heard from the European fans, won't make them to be less interested next time.

And the last wish: There was a silly rumor about her comming back to Mexico (Guadalajara and Monterrey) next year. I know it's not true, but miracles does happen. Besides, she needs to recover what Guy took from her money. :larz:

Edited by magom

Guest boytoyville

Live Nation has already released a press release announcing Madonna's great accomplishment after completion of her last show. Taken from Madonna.com

December 22, 2008

MADONNA'S 'STICKY & SWEET TOUR: #1 GROSSING TOUR IN HISTORY FOR SOLO ARTIST

Monday, December 22, 2008 - For Immediate Release - Los Angeles:

With the completion of Madonna's final show in Sao Paulo Brazil last evening - one of eleven record-breaking performances in South America - the 'Material Girl's' 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour reigns supreme by becoming the Number One Largest Grossing Tour in history by a solo artist, it was confirmed today by Live Nation, the tour's international producer. Her 58 shows in Europe, the US, Canada, Mexico and South America played for a staggering 2,350,282 million fans and sold over (USD)280,000,000 in tickets.

"Madonna has yet again demonstrated her true global appeal as a live performer whether in stadiums or arenas. Not only will this tour be the top selling tour of all time for a solo artist and a female artist (eclipsing her own record), but it will position her as one of the top selling touring artists of all time" said Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global Touring.

Along with record breaking ticket sales in South America with a total 650,000 tickets sold, the 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour sold 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Military Airfield Dubendorf - the largest audience ever assembled for a show in Switzerland. In London, where she performed in front of 74,000 fans with over 12 million dollars in ticket sales, Madonna surpassed all previous records at both the old and new Wembley Stadiums. In New York City, Madonna's four sell-outs at Madison Square Garden shows added up to a record breaking 23 sold out performances since 2001 at that venue - a record for most appearances for a single artist in this decade.

Madonna's multi Grammy-nominated CD "Hard Candy" debuted at number one early this year in over 37 countries.

Live Nation has already released a press release announcing Madonna's great accomplishment after completion of her last show. Taken from Madonna.com

December 22, 2008

With the completion of Madonna's final show in Sao Paulo Brazil last evening - one of eleven record-breaking performances in South America - the 'Material Girl's' 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour reigns supreme by becoming the Number One Largest Grossing Tour in history by a solo artist, it was confirmed today by Live Nation, the tour's international producer. Her 58 shows in Europe, the US, Canada, Mexico and South America played for a staggering 2,350,282 million fans and sold over (USD)280,000,000 in tickets.

"Madonna has yet again demonstrated her true global appeal as a live performer whether in stadiums or arenas. Not only will this tour be the top selling tour of all time for a solo artist and a female artist (eclipsing her own record), but it will position her as one of the top selling touring artists of all time" said Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global Touring.

Along with record breaking ticket sales in South America with a total 650,000 tickets sold, the 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour sold 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Military Airfield Dubendorf - the largest audience ever assembled for a show in Switzerland. In London, where she performed in front of 74,000 fans with over 12 million dollars in ticket sales, Madonna surpassed all previous records at both the old and new Wembley Stadiums. In New York City, Madonna's four sell-outs at Madison Square Garden shows added up to a record breaking 23 sold out performances since 2001 at that venue - a record for most appearances for a single artist in this decade.

Madonna's multi Grammy-nominated CD "Hard Candy" debuted at number one early this year in over 37 countries.

That's truly impressive. One more impressive stat (correct me if I'm wrong) is that in four tours (DWT, RIT, CT & S&S) and over 200 shows, not including postponed and rescheduled shows, she has only canceled ONE show, the DWT New Jersey show. That is truly remarkable considering how physically demanding her shows are and how all these shows are cramped into a 4-month schedule. That's why she's the Queen. Not only is she the best live performer there is, she is the consumate professional. The show will go on, rain or shine. BRAVO MADONNA FOR ANOTHER RECORD-BREAKING YEAR.

That's truly impressive. One more impressive stat (correct me if I'm wrong) is that in four tours (DWT, RIT, CT & S&S) and over 200 shows, not including postponed and rescheduled shows, she has only canceled ONE show, the DWT New Jersey show. That is truly remarkable considering how physically demanding her shows are and how all these shows are cramped into a 4-month schedule. That's why she's the Queen. Not only is she the best live performer there is, she is the consumate professional. The show will go on, rain or shine. BRAVO MADONNA FOR ANOTHER RECORD-BREAKING YEAR.

yes, that´s really impressive: and I´m sure she has been feeling bad some days, or not very happy...but she still went on stage and rock it!

Live Nation work fast. I like it!

When Billboard is gonna release the final boxscore?

Another thing; who's record did M break for the largest grossing tour in history by a solo artist?

mmmmm...hers? :confused:

No.

She had the largest grossing tour by a female artist with The Confessions tour - not by a solo artist.

My question is - who had the record for the largest grossing tour by a solo artist before she broke it now with S&S?

Guest harbors

December 22, 2008

:bow::bow::bow: