BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

Guest jamesshot

We will get individual dates but they don't always come in a timely manner. Sometimes it will be weeks then a slew of shows reported at once. Is that still how they do it?

The first few dates for the Confessions Tour were reported about 2 weeks after the first show. Don't know if that will be the case this time...

I imagine Live Nation will want to get those good numbers out there to help their stock and prove the mega-deal with Madonna was a wise one.

Guest Pud Whacker

i dont know how it works overseas but the reason we had the boxscore numbers on the the last couple of tours is because of BILLBOARD MAGAZINE.

Yes- Live Nation sends the figures to Billboard, and BB in turn publishes them.

A side tidbit, something to keep in mind: Billboard covers worldwide grosses, whereas Pollstar only covers North America.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boytoyville

^ Many people have only explained how boxscores work like 100 times here. If you can't educate yourself on the topic, don't bother us by making stupid comments in this thread. thanks.

^ Many people have only explained how boxscores work like 100 times here. If you can't educate yourself on the topic, don't bother us by making stupid comments in this thread. thanks.

How is his comment 'stupid'? The trick is that they say that the seats weren't 'available' and call it sold out anyway when the point is entire sections were covered by TARPS. I think YOU'RE the stupid one for blindly defending everything your QUEEN does.

It's been explained to DEATH. Once a show is SOLD-OUT, it's because it's SOLD-OUT as per the organiser's numbers and specifications. Just because a venue X has a capacity of 50.000 it means 50.000 tickets were released, some areas/sections are never released. So if for venue X there were 34.576 tickets available and 34.576 were sold, then it's SOLD OUT, regardless if there are 8.000 or 9.000 empty seats.

There are NO manipulations. Wait until boxscore is released, sheesh.

It's been explained to DEATH. Once a show is SOLD-OUT, it's because it's SOLD-OUT as per the organiser's numbers and specifications. Just because a venue X has a capacity of 50.000 it means 50.000 tickets were released, some areas/sections are never released. So if for venue X there were 34.576 tickets available and 34.576 were sold, then it's SOLD OUT, regardless if there are 8.000 or 9.000 empty seats.

There are NO manipulations. Wait until boxscore is released, sheesh.

And how is that not cheating? Just because they know some sections wont sell and they dont release them only to make the show appear sold out?

It is really stupid to assume that CT numbers are fraudulent... remember that back with RIT (was it RIT?) That Slane Castle gig barely missed that sold-out figure by some thousands out of 80K... it missed sold out status with less than a 1% yet it wasn't reported as sold-out... so you believe what you wanna believe...

The rule applies to ALL concerts for ALL artists. It's up to the promoters to declare the amount of tickets available and the amount of tickets sold. I am sure Boxscore also does some verification on their own.

Sheesh.

Guest mariusfrona

If she does around 60 shows, most of them stadiums, then u have with an average gross of 7 million $ per show:

60 X 7 million ~ 400 million $.

That would be fantastic and would be a big competitor for Dion's TC tour. Her fans already claim her tour will be the biggest tour by a female artist ever, surpassing TCT, but if Madonna and LN are carefull to add some more shows (maybe a shorter second leg next year), SS could easily hold that title for Madonna!

Guest boytoyville

^ Missed the point again. lol. This has nothing to do with me defending myu Queen lol, it has to do with actually knowing how concert numbers are tabulated & clearly you know nothing about it.....

it just seems like a lot of the "fans" on this forum want to hear she is failing and then they will be happy, but god forbid we discuss her amazing success be it a tour or anything all the information reported is somehow inaccurate or fraud has been committed.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

This tour will be financially successful, there is no denying that. What is bothersome are those people here who CONTINUALLY OBSESS over whether Madonna will lose some meaningless record over boxoffice receipts. I mean if Celine Dion, or the Rolling Stones, or Cher, or whoever the hell it is next year, makes $10 more than Madonna, does that somehow negate the financial success of M's tour??? People seriously need to find more important things to stress over. :dramatic:

Guest boytoyville

^ Well, her tix where only like 97 & 47 dollars so I mean no suprise that a lot of people went. Anyways, I hope Madonna's get posted next week!