Al-Kylieda will come for us!!!!!!

Madonna copies Kylie's Homecoming Tour outfits:

-Vogue(Kylie)

-Vogue(Madonna)

P.D.: I don't give a fuck, but I know that Al-Kylieda will laugh at us for the rest of our lives.

Guest traherne

-Vogue(Kylie)

-Vogue(Madonna)

P.D.: I don't give a fuck, but I know that Al-Kylieda will laugh at us for the rest of our lives.

Truth be told, they might have a point this time. :nocomment:

I'm pretty indifferent towards Kylie, but the feud between their fans eludes me - I can see the Madonna vs. Mariah thing since they trashed each other in the past, but haven't M and Kylie always praised each other?

Guest bluejean

It's because she's Madonna's only competition outside the US.

Obviously Madonna is way bigger than Kylie. But they are lumped in the same category by non fans... ie gay dance diva female pop stars

yeah, it's a fair cop that the outfits are the same but let's face it, many of the looks these girls go for are pretty generic now. Every tart on the block wears basques, bustiers, stockings, suspenders, skimpy shorts.

Can't say any of the costumes Madge has worn are particularly original. Even the Kylie ones look like they ripped off Keep It Together on the BAT in the first place. Feel sorry for the male dancers though. They do look a bunch of twats in their basques.

And Grace Jones did the boxing thing thirty years ago. :boxing:

-Vogue(Kylie)

Pfft! No one can out due the queen. M does it bedda of course. Plus Kylies music is tacky so how is it the same performance?

Not just that. They went psycho psychoer over Into the Groove. "Kylie did it first with Cowboy Style!" Yeah, after being mind-controlled by her gay shopkeeper husband what to do. Madonna at least had some relations and experiences with Keith Haring and 80s NYC scene. Not saying Kylie didn't have the right to do it. But Madonna shouldn't be called "copying" when she actually had significant experiences to the images portrayed in Into the Groove and Kylie did not. I like Kylie but she's not very independent in her ideas; very manufactured.

I like Kylie but she's not very independent in her ideas; very manufactured.

Her tours are cheap ass productions that make seasame street look ambitious.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I already mentioned the similarities between the "Vogue" and "Burning Up" performances in the "Vogue" thread.

As for "Cowboy Style" and "Into the Groove", well I just watched a clip of Kylie's performance and they're not that similar beyond the dancers' outfits. But what do you expect if they decide to a segment centered around an 80's theme?? That's just a coincidence.

The "Vogue"/"Burning Up" similarities seem a bit more conspicuous. Some have theorized that maybe it was M's way of giving a nod back to Kylie for tributing M in the Showgirl tour.

Who knows. Kylie's performance was good and M's looks to be as well.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
can we PLEASE stop with the comparisons

its fucking old goddamit

The topic of the thread was quite clear prior to opening it. If threads like this bother you so much then don't read them.

Pretty fucking simple innit? :thumbsup:

The topic of the thread was quite clear prior to opening it. If threads like this bother you so much then don't read them.

Pretty fucking simple innit? :thumbsup:

no its not simple, can you put the test in bold, better yet in caps

Kylie vs. Madonna??

What is there to debate really? Regardless of who one thinks is better than the other the fact of the matter is Kylie is basically a 2 hit wonder (3 if you want to be REALLY generous) in the biggest music market in the world. That in itself eliminates Kylie from being Madonna's "competition", I don't know what fantasy world "Al-Kylieda" (LOL) are living in. Not trying to sound like a snobby American or trying to imply it's THE most important music market in the world but it is the biggest and the fact that Madonna has been consistent in her success in the WHOLE world while Kylie couldn't even sell out a tour of state fairs in the US if she wanted to is pretty self explanatory when trying to pit these two against one another.

The fact that we are discussing Madonna's Vogue costume vs. Kylie's Vogue costume is actually telling in itself on who is influenced by who.

Guest Danny86
It's because she's Madonna's only competition outside the US.

Someone like Britney or Celine is much closer to that title (even though still quite far). I mean, Kylie's album reached the top 10 in like 4 countries, her album and lead off single got to #1 in 1 country, how can that be a competition to Madonna? The only thing that is successful about Kylie is her UK tours, but now she's not a competition to Madonna either in that aspect, considering Kylie would never be able to sell out Wembley Stadium.

Guest northernlad
The only thing that is successful about Kylie is her UK tours, but now she's not a competition to Madonna either in that aspect, considering Kylie would never be able to sell out Wembley Stadium.

That's absolute rubbish; she could easily sell out a night at Wembley, it's just the ticket prices would be nowhere near Madonna's level. The only reason they didn't book it this time is they can make more money by doing multiple arena shows, and judging by the slow Cardiff sales, the same can be said for Madonna.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
The fact that we are discussing Madonna's Vogue costume vs. Kylie's Vogue costume is actually telling in itself on who is influenced by who.

It wasn't Madonna and Kylie's specific costumes being discussed but rather that of the dancers. And seeing that Kylie's performance came first, well....

It all comes down to who is the creative director of the tours though. I know it's that Will Baker person for Kylie, not sure for Madonna; is it Jamie King??? I would venture a guess that M has more input than Kylie on tour design, although on this run through I wonder how much input M really had as everything seems just a bit of a step down and a little more recycled than the previous tours. We all know that M and Kylie are not sitting watching each other's tours and cribbing ideas but as for their stylists/tour designers, who knows. King seems to rehash ideas used on M's shows onto other tours he's done so I wouldn't put it past him to swipe ideas from other singers' tours. And Baker I'm sure has taken some ideas himself. As long as it is not an entire rip-off and the end-product is good then I guess it doesn't really matter too much.

btw, kylie copies A LOT. she also copied rosine murphy's outfits.

and honestly here I think M's paying tribute to Kylie but at the same time also taken advantage of taking almost the same outfits. its less work.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Sure that's a copy, but Kylie herself copied THAT performance of Future Lovers/I Feel love.

Mind you, M only copied the clothes

Huh? Kylie actually did a mash-up with Light Years and I Feel Love a few years before M did her mash-up. What were you referring to?

Guest AntiVirgin
As long as were on the subject of Madonna ripping of Kylie, Kylie used the 'puppet being animated by her dancers' theme on her Confide in Me performance on Homecoming. Don't front, it's right there.

which context is this :confused:

anyways Jamie tends to recycle his own productions for others, like the fantastic LAP end with the circular screens decscending on M s fairly similar to Celine Dions Opening, when the boxes rise up. But LAP is far superior, because of the projection effects/staging and not to mention one of M's best ever performances

Guest boytoyville

I'm sure she is giving Kylie a nod back maybe in some way. Doesn't matter Madonna's are better not to mention the choreography!

The dancer's outfits are like the outfits they wear in that french burlesque club -crazy horse or something? It has quite a cult following. Kylie's also used dancers from there in her Kylie Show, and I guess that's where both William Baker and Jamie Queen got their inspiration from, not a direct copy.

Guest nothingfails0603

maybe this explains why she won't come to Australia, she's afraid of coming to the ground zero of Al-Kyliedah knowing they're out to get her for stealing from Kylie :)