John MCcain Campaign Calls Madonnas show "Divisive"

glittercandy

How come nobody complained about the "comparison" (provided it is actually a comparison) of Gandhi with Obama, for example? If we follow the same thought process as we did with Hitler/McCain we should also be outraged about this too, I think.

Yeah dude. Gandhi was like Hitler. Go back to school.

:rolleyes: at the amount of people taking this SO seriously. It was a GREAT video and the musical remix was excellent. In the context, she was mentioning people that did STUPID things in her opinion, among them McCain and Mugabe. The words were actually from The Beat Goes On, if I remember correctly, and it made a lot of sense! It's telling people to THINK and make whatever it's possible to STOP stupid things from happening (e.g. electing McCain among them).

More importantly, M's message was to get out and vote

like you said, people are taking it too seriously

Well said!

People in here call us braindead because we question if it'll make Madonna look very bright to compare McCain with Hitler. But the ones being braindead are the fans that are just yay sayers to whatever she does.

Whoever think a McCain/Hitler comparison is bright must be really stupid.

I do hope that Madonna is smarter than this though (I believe she is) and that this is just a way for her to influence some of her dumbed-down fans to actually think McCain is just as bad as Hitler to make them support Obama or whatever.

But if the comparison wasn't meant to be something like that, but her own thoughts, then politics are just not her agenda.

no, people call you braindead for jumping into conclusions about something you havent even seen properly.

This story is everywhere..... and everybody is hating Madonna to compare McCain with Hitler.

I think Madonna has shoot herself like she did during "American Life" era.

So expect Madonna to be blacklisted in USA again.

For having an opinion? In the land that proclaims the freedom of speech and all that shit?

SHE IS COMPARING STUPID PEOPLE TO BRIGHT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL SHE IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING MORE. NOTHING LESS!!!!!! Geesh. Why is this so hard for some to grasp!?

isnt she still blacklisted in the US :confused:

This story is everywhere..... and everybody is hating Madonna to compare McCain with Hitler.

It's telling people to THINK and make whatever it's possible to STOP stupid things from happening (e.g. electing McCain among them).

Alas, McCain has stupid on his side.......

A supporter once called out, "Governor Stevenson, all thinking people are for you!" And Adlai Stevenson answered, "Thats not enough. I need a majority."

- Scott Simon

Guest boytoyville
I think Madge should stick to music and stay away from politics as well.

Is this the person from the IGTTYAS doc? LOL Madonna has always been political & thats why I like her. If you want to worship an entertainer with no stance on anything go to a Britney forum or something. The basis of the video is showing how all of these leaders were peoples choices & how one era has led to the next. Sorry but McCain is just going foward with everything that was built during the Bush era. I'm into the video. I swear it's like some people around here have NO critical thinking skills what so ever or the intellect to interpret imagery. Just because Fox news says she is comparing McCain DIRECTLY w/Hitler doesn't mean that is what it is all about.

Okay let´s bring some context in here. There were not only pictures of politicians there were also pictures of war, destruction, pollution etc.

These are the RESULTS of the decisions, actions of the people, the general public (YOU and ME) has made. Just like voting for the wrong person!!! (I don´t know how Mugabe came to power). So this is no comparison between these politicians, this is supposed to be a reminder that a STUPID decision may cause great harm. And most likely she considers voting for McCain such a stupidity after the 8 years of a Republican in the Oval Office. This is an attack against stupid people. And people are stupid if they don´t care what´s going on in the world, if they are not involved, if they are not looking for information, not using their brains.

Now tell me, what´s the scandal here?

Is this the person from the IGTTYAS doc? LOL Madonna has always been political & thats why I like her. If you want to worship an entertainer with no stance on anything go to a Britney forum or something. The basis of the video is showing how all of these leaders were peoples choices & how one ers has led to the next. Sorry but McCain just going foward with everything that was built during the Bush era. I'm into it. I swear it's like some people around here have NO critical thinking skills what so ever or teh intellect to interpret imagery. Just because Fox news says she is comparing McCain DIRECTLY w/Hitler doesn't mean that is what it is all about.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Okay let´s bring some context in here. There were not only pictures of politicians there were also pictures of war, destruction, pollution etc.

These are the RESULTS of the decisions, actions of the people, the general public (YOU and ME) has made. Just like voting for the wrong person!!! (I don´t know how Mugabe came to power). So this is no comparison between these politicians, this is supposed to be a reminder that a STUPID decision may cause great harm. And most likely she considers voting for McCain such a stupidity after the 8 years of a Republican in the Oval Office. This is an attack against stupid people. And people are stupid if they don´t care what´s going on in the world, if they are not involved, if they are not looking for information, not using their brains.

Now tell me, what´s the scandal here?

Yeah. Another one with a brain! Could you guys please speak up more? If I didnt know any better I would think this forum was somehow taken over by right wing conservatives with some of the views on here lately. Invasion of the body and logic snatchers!

SHE IS COMPARING STUPID PEOPLE TO BRIGHT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL SHE IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING MORE. NOTHING LESS!!!!!! Geesh. Why is this so hard for some to grasp!?

I haven't seen the show yet, just the crappy youtube clip of the "get stupid" video and that's how I interpreted it as well. I think people are reading waaaaay too much into this. McCain's camp just sees an opportunity for free publicity in the same way he used Paris and Britney. Nearly two months shy of election day and THIS is what his people are releasing press statements about? When the man who wants to become president of the most powerful country in the world yet he doesn't even fully understand foreign policy, I'd say he has "bigger fish to fry" than his face being shown for 2 seconds in a video at a Madonna concert.

Is this the person from the IGTTYAS doc? LOL Madonna has always been political & thats why I like her. If you want to worship an entertainer with no stance on anything go to a Britney forum or something. The basis of the video is showing how all of these leaders were peoples choices & how one era has led to the next. Sorry but McCain is just going foward with everything that was built during the Bush era. I'm into the video. I swear it's like some people around here have NO critical thinking skills what so ever or the intellect to interpret imagery. Just because Fox news says she is comparing McCain DIRECTLY w/Hitler doesn't mean that is what it is all about.

Oh, I guess you were a little bit faster with your reply. :) Finally someone who interpretes the situation the way it was most likely meant to be.

The fact that Madonna is a 50 year old woman who continues to be outspoken and flaunt her sexuality is enough in itself to blacklist her here. TRUST ME. Madonna is NEVER going to be the "it" girl of USA again.....not that she ever really was anyways, Madonna has been polarizing from day 1 when she was wearing her halter tops showing her bare midriff with a big ol' crucifix dangling to her belly button.

I haven't seen the show yet, just the crappy youtube clip of the "get stupid" video and that's how I interpreted it as well. I think people are reading waaaaay too much into this. McCain's camp just sees an opportunity for free publicity in the same way he used Paris and Britney. Nearly two months shy of election day and THIS is what his people are releasing press statements about? When the man who wants to become president of the most powerful country in the world yet he doesn't even fully understand foreign policy, I'd say he has "bigger fish to fry" than his face being shown for 2 seconds in a video at a Madonna concert.

soo true!

The thing is that Hitler is nothing about stupidity, it's about being one of the biggest (if not the biggest) monsters humanity has ever produced. She could compare McCain to other politicians she doesn't like (I don't know - Thatcher, Reagan) but then it would be a political point, and nobody would discuss it. And btw I suppose she would be devasted if McCain's camp didn't react.

The fact that Madonna is a 50 year old woman who continues to be outspoken and flaunt her sexuality is enough in itself to blacklist her here. TRUST ME. Madonna is NEVER going to be the "it" girl of USA again.....not that she ever really was anyways, Madonna has been polarizing from day 1 when she was wearing her halter tops showing her bare midriff with a big ol' crucifix dangling to her belly button.

And thats why we love her. Always the rebel. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

And this is why old farts in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Wait edit that. I meant to say 7 glass houses....Or is it 8 or 9!? Oh hell. I am just as confused as McCain on how many homes he owns.

And this is why old farts in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Wait edit that. I meant to say 7 glass houses....Or is it 8 or 9!? Oh hell. I am just as confused as McCain on how many homes he owns.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes, if you equate Hitler with Britney Spears.

The thing is that Hitler is nothing about stupidity, it's about being one of the biggest (if not the biggest) monsters humanity has ever produced. She could compare McCain to other politicians she doesn't like (I don't know - Thatcher, Reagan) but then it would be a political point, and nobody would discuss it. And btw I suppose she would be devasted if McCain's camp didn't react.

Once again: Hitler came to power because of the stupidity of the German people who voted for the NSDAP in 1933. Stupidity means that people were more interested in changing the situation they were living in (economy crisis, huge unemployment rate, loss of dignity after losing WWI and the results of the contract of Versailles etc.) And Hitler was offering an alternative to change all this. BUT they did not look behind the mask, even though there were signs of anti-semitism way before he came to power. Probably they were just not interested to see. Later on it´s always: "I didn´t know". The counterquestion needs to be "BUT WHY?" True answer: "I did not care" But honestly, who is going to admit that, that´s just not human nature.

Guest northernlad
Madonna has always been political & thats why I like her.

You have a very, very extended definition of political my friend.

I can't believe this thing has erupted in a debate here. :lol:

I've heard this on the tv/radio a few times today and only one report mentioned Hitler, the other's just said she mocked McCain on the screens.

To think that his race is superior to the others is an stupidity.