John MCcain Campaign Calls Madonnas show "Divisive"

glittercandy

Is there a polite way to tell you to shut up?

Forums are for people to post different points of views, not just the point of views that you like.

That just proves that the man is an idiot. His spokeswhore makes a pretty strong statement based on a misinformed reports describing the show without seeing it, or knowing exactly how he was actually displayed. She wasn't comparing him to Hitler! The man is just pathetic. This comes from a man who was using Shitney and Parasite in his redneck propaganda campaign. How about actually seeing it before making such bold declarations?!

Guest northernlad

this so reminds me of...

you know what.. I'm kinda bored with this chair routine so let's change it up some shall we, and LOSE the routine part altogether

-so the last number is... not just you.. sitting in a chair???

of course NOT!! we'll also show a video of me comparing Bush to Hitler while I flip off the audience

-that's very edgy... Madonna

mmmhmm

:D

She already skewered him perfectly during the Confessions Tour with the "Don't Speak" Interlude which this "Get Stupid" Interlude just seems to be a tired retread of.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone causing a biggie out of Bush and Condi on that Sorry interlude.

Better to call someone out before they become president, rather than just bitching and being anti-establishment, after the fact, I say.

So now you have to be pro-Obama and think that McCain equals Hitler to be accepted as a Madonna fan?

That's just laughable!

I am really curious what would happen if Madonna would just flip-flop and make an official statement something like "I was just kidding, I am really a republican but hey it's "in" to be a democrat when you're in arts... sorry fans" :lol:

Guest socalboy1984
I actually agree with this.

Ok she's a democrat and against the war but comparing McCain with Hitler and Mugabe was just not tasteful

Afterall McCain has yet to be president so why even blame him for whatever you might not like with Bush?

Either you are for or against McCain you have to agree that comparing the old man to Hitler is a little too much.

Amen. I love Madonna and I'm voting McCain. It's unnecessary. Madonna's art does not change/influence my vote, especially when done so tastelessly.

Cant wait for Bill O"reilly on this.

Julie banderas from Fox News slammed Madonna on air

http://www.newshounds.us/2008/08/24/julie_...john_mccain.php

Julie Banderas Says That Madonna Isn’t Being “Fair” To John McCain

Reported by Priscilla - August 24, 2008 - 12 comments

Immediately after whining about Griff Jenkin’s freedom of speech being infringed by those nasty, bad protestors, Julie Banderas and Greg Jarrett reported on Madonna’s new world tour. It seems that nasty, bad Madonna’s opening number was done against a backdrop of brief images of destruction which included Robert Mugabe, Adolph Hitler, and John McCain. Banderas didn’t think that Madonna was being fair (oh, the irony!). She was even more incensed because young people like Madonna and young people are trending towards Obama. Oh, nooooooo……..Good thing was have Fox news to make things “fair.”

Madonna Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZZvmXsSPU I didn't see Hitler; but Mike Huckabee was in the bad section! I would have included some Fox personalities; but that's just me....

12 comments | Email this page to a friend

Bush is a supreme idiot but at least he has wise advisers who won't jump everytime there's little criticism his way, MCcain hasn't.

Running against Obama is different, maybe McCain felt this Madonna video could help him. The video is too OTT to be effective.

Guest BytheBay
Running against Obama is different, maybe McCain felt this Madonna video could help him. The video is too OTT to be effective.

lol

you sure like to say ott

:lol:

Just like the Shitney and Parasite video campaign helped him?

:lol:

Just like the Shitney and Parasite video campaign helped him?

That week his poll #'s improved.

:lmao:

Laugh all you want, but McCain's strategy is working. The race is tied in a year where everyone expected the dem to easily win.

Laugh all you want, but McCain's strategy is working. The race is tied in a year where everyone expected the dem to easily win.

You sure are right about that. Here are the latest poll numbers that prove your point:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/24...ref=mpstoryview

Poll: Race for White House tied

CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll shows Obama and McCain tied at 47 percent

66 percent of Clinton supporters are now backing Obama

54 percent say choosing Biden as running mate is an "excellent" or "good decision"

By Paul Steinhauser

CNN Deputy Political Director

DENVER, Colorado (CNN) -- It's a dead heat in the race for the White House.

Barack Obama announced Saturday that Joe Biden will be his running mate.

The first national poll conducted after Barack Obama publicly named Joe Biden as his running mate suggests that the battle for the presidency between the Illinois senator and John McCain is all tied up.

In a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night, 47 percent of those questioned are backing Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominees, with an equal amount supporting his Republican opponent, McCain.

"This looks like a step backward for Obama, who had a 51 to 44 percent advantage last month," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Even last week, just before his choice of Joe Biden as his running mate became known, most polls tended to show Obama with a single-digit advantage over McCain."

So what's the difference now?

It may be supporters of Hillary Clinton, who still would prefer the New York senator and former first lady as the Democratic Party's presidential nominee. Watch are Clinton backers on board? »

Sixty-six percent of Clinton supporters -- registered Democrats who want Clinton as the nominee -- are now backing Obama. That's down from 75 percent in the end of June. Twenty-seven percent of them now say they'll support McCain, up from 16 percent in late June.

"The number of Clinton Democrats who say they would vote for McCain has gone up 11 points since June, enough to account for most, although not all, of the support McCain has gained in that time," Holland said.

Clinton and Obama battled throughout the primary season, with Clinton winning more than 40 percent of the delegates. She suspended her bid for the White House and backed Obama in early June, after the end of primary season.

The majority of registered voters, 54 percent, say Obama's choice of Biden, D-Delaware, as his running mate is an "excellent" or "good decision." That number jumps to 73 percent when just asked of registered Democrats. But it drops to 59 percent when narrowed to Clinton supporters. Watch more on the new VP candidate »

"It's not that there's anything wrong with the choice of Joe Biden. A majority rate the Biden selection as excellent or pretty good. Voters think he is qualified to be president, and with the exception of Al Gore in 1992, the public ranks Biden as the most qualified running mate in recent times," Holland said. Watch more on Biden and the road ahead »

"A lot of Americans don't know who he is, but his favorable rating is 13 points higher than his unfavorables. But Biden is not Hillary Clinton, and it's possible that is enough to have moved some of her supporters away from the Democratic ticket, at least temporarily," says Holland.

Among all Democrats, only 38 percent say Obama should have selected Clinton as his running mate.

Still, 74 percent of all voters questioned in the survey said Obama's selection of Biden as a running mate won't have any effect on their vote for president.

The poll was conducted on Saturday and Sunday, with 1,023 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for all voters. For registered Democrats, it is plus or minus 4.5 percentage points, and for Democrats who still support Clinton for the party's nomination, it is plus or minus 7.5 percentage points.

You sure are right about that. Here are the latest poll numbers that prove your point:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/24...ref=mpstoryview

Also, McCain's #'s have slowly been increasing over the past few weeks, whereas Obama's #'s have been slowly decreasing. And coming up are the debates, which Obama is horrible at. McCain could have a solid lead in the near future.

Obama's campaign is falling apart because his "change" theme doesn't fit what he's currently doing. Barry O. is a walking contradiction.

Guest boytoyville

I know I really want somebody that is 71 w/dementia running the country. He has no high level of education...puke. You don't have to agree with Madonna to enjoy her shows but certainly I have always liked her political statements. I for one don't really like Obama either but more importantly I don't enjoy keeping the social order the way it is & that is what the Rep Party & McCainville are all about. Lets keep those rescoures all to those white/rich people that deserve them. VOMIT CITY!

Guest nothingfails0603

wonder if Madonna's two gay Republican fans are pissed off, like that one guy from IGTTYAS who was none too pleased at the Michael Moore endorsement. Dude, you suck cock, the Republicans hate you.

Guest americana madonna

i voted for hillary during the primaries. i still believe hillary would have been the best choice for prez. as for mccain, he is a war hero. mccain has been in the senate for a long time. i do believe he would be able to end the war in iraq successfully. the only bad thing about mccain is that he is a republican. republicans will always find a new war to begin. i never like obama, i always found him to be sexist and smug. there is no reason why he shouldn't have picked hillary as v.p. i guess if its o.k. for obama to pick an old, boring, white guy as his v.p., then its o.k. for america to pick an old, boring white guy for president(mccain)lol.

Also, McCain's #'s have slowly been increasing over the past few weeks, whereas Obama's #'s have been slowly decreasing. And coming up are the debates, which Obama is horrible at. McCain could have a solid lead in the near future.

Obama's campaign is falling apart because his "change" theme doesn't fit what he's currently doing. Barry O. is a walking contradiction.

I think the race getting tighter has more to do with the conflict with Russia then Obama looking like a walking contradiction as you say. Whenever Americans are scared their first impulse is to move toward the republican casue for whatever reason they are always viewed as being tougher when it comes to issues like that.