John MCcain Campaign Calls Madonnas show "Divisive"

glittercandy

LOL :angel: Did they watch it on youtube?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/24/mc...-show-divisive/

John McCain’s campaign engaged in somewhat of a celebrity feud with Madonna Sunday, after the material girl compared the Arizona senator with Adolf Hitler and Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe during her world tour.

Madonna gave her fans a not-so-subtle dose of her political stance during the first show of her tour, where during a video interlude images of Hitler, Mugabe and McCain flashed on screen, along with images of destruction and global warming.

“The comparisons are outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time. It clearly shows that when it comes to supporting Barack Obama, his fellow worldwide celebrities refuse to consider any smear or attack off limits,” McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said.

A later sequence in Madonna’s on-screen collage showed slain Beatle John Lennon, Al Gore, Mahatma Gandhi and finally McCain’s democratic rival, Barack Obama.

I actually agree with this.

Ok she's a democrat and against the war but comparing McCain with Hitler and Mugabe was just not tasteful

Afterall McCain has yet to be president so why even blame him for whatever you might not like with Bush?

Either you are for or against McCain you have to agree that comparing the old man to Hitler is a little too much.

Well here's a little dose of that missing controversy that some of the reviewers were bitching about. Not exactly a "cross" or "masturbation scene" type ordeal but once this hits the US around election time, maybe it'll blow up some?? lol

Well here's a little dose of that missing controversy that some of the reviewers were bitching about. Not exactly a "cross" or "masturbation scene" type ordeal but once this hits the US around election time, maybe it'll blow up some?? lol

Last time she went all political (American Life) she was more or less boycotted in the US and has YET to recover fully from that downfall.

The US is in a whole other state now so I guess statements like this might not hit her as hard this time around. Time will tell if she can gain something out of it even. I don't think she will though.

Whatever you may say about McCain but he AIN'T no Hitler so it might even make her look more like a fool actually and to be frankly honest it's disrespectful to people who where victimized by for instance Hitler.

For instance I can just give examples from the Swedish press that is VERY pro-Obama/anti-McCain, that even they thought the comparison wasn't very bright.

She was calling these people "stupid". Not comparing McCain to Hitler. Duh.

What else would you call a man who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class?

Because, with McCain's support, Bush has accomplished everything that he's done.

Obama's vice president candidate did also vote for the war and is a strategic move by Obama to maybe get some of the conservative votes, maybe we should go on blaming them too?

And McCain is not the head brain behind the Iraq war or anything and Bush had support from both democrats and republicans so what is your point? McCain = Hitler? C'mon... It's not that black & white.

Comparing McCain to Hitler is too OTT. This isn't going to make Madonna look good, it looks like something someone would say just for attention.

Last time she went all political (American Life) she was more or less boycotted in the US and has YET to recover fully from that downfall.

The US is in a whole other state now so I guess statements like this might not hit her as hard this time around. Time will tell if she can gain something out of it even. I don't think she will though.

Whatever you may say about McCain but he AIN'T no Hitler so it might even make her look more like a fool actually and to be frankly honest it's disrespectful to people who where victimized by for instance Hitler.

For instance I can just give examples from the Swedish press that is VERY pro-Obama/anti-McCain, that even they thought the comparison wasn't very bright.

She doesn't care. LOL

Comparing McCain to Hitler is too OTT. This isn't going to make Madonna look good, it looks like something someone would say just for attention.

Oh please. Madonna did the same exact thing last tour with images of Hitler and a bunch of other world leaders. You people are nuts. Go suck John McCains dick and call it a day already.

She was calling these people "stupid". Not comparing McCain to Hitler. Duh.

What else would you call a man who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class?

If you have screens that show Hitler, Mugabe and McCain in the same context, it's a statement that might get misunderstood. These are facts no matter how stupid McCain may be or not.

If you have screens that show Hitler, Mugabe and McCain in the same context, it's a statement that might get misunderstood. These are facts no matter how stupid McCain may be or not.

Misunderstood by the typical group of morons that are braindead on anything and everything. Rock on Madonna!

She should have put President Bush on instead. There's one fellow that's responsible for quite a few deaths.

But Bush is soooooo 2006. :p Going after his twin brother at this time seems more reasonable.

Misunderstood by the typical group of morons that are braindead on anything and everything. Rock on Madonna!

You really make everything look so black & white don't you?

This has nothing to do with being pro or anti McCain. It's just whether or not a statement like this (putting McCain in comparison to for instance Hitler) is very clever.

I think you can be AS braindead on the left side as on the right side. It all comes down to be critical in a constructive way.

So you think that just because someone's not really willing to compare McCain to Hitler that they are braindead or pro-McCain or whatever?

sad.

Obama's vice president candidate did also vote for the war and is a strategic move by Obama to maybe get some of the conservative votes, maybe we should go on blaming them too?

And McCain is not the head brain behind the Iraq war or anything and Bush had support from both democrats and republicans so what is your point? McCain = Hitler? C'mon... It's not that black & white.

I'm not an Obama or Democrat supporter.

You really make everything look so black & white don't you?

This has nothing to do with being pro or anti McCain. It's just whether or not a statement like this (putting McCain in comparison to for instance Hitler) is very clever.

I think you can be AS braindead on the left side as on the right side. It all comes down to be critical in a constructive way.

So you think that just because someone's not really willing to compare McCain to Hitler that they are braindead or pro-McCain or whatever?

sad.

Im saying that the people that are going to be outraged by it are the same group of reactionary people that get outraged at everything she does. I could care less what these people think at this point. Most of them have the brain capacity of a pea and have no ability to view things in context. Just like the same group of people that got so angry when Madonna hung on a cross without even looking at the context of it.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
She should have put President Bush on instead. There's one fellow that's responsible for quite a few deaths.

She already skewered him perfectly during the Confessions Tour with the "Don't Speak" Interlude which this "Get Stupid" Interlude just seems to be a tired retread of.

Guest boytoyville

McCain is a dumbass. I'm not into Obama either actually but he is better than that dumb old fucker. Madonna is just calling him a dumbass also in the video. I love it & support it.

Im saying that the people that are going to be outraged by it are the same group of reactionary people that get outraged at everything she does. I could care less what these people think at this point. Most of them have the brain capacity of a pea and have no ability to view things in context. Just like the same group of people that got so angry when Madonna hung on a cross without even looking at the context of it.

I can't speak for them really so.

Personally i'm not outraged but indeed it doesn't make anyone look very bright to put Hitler and McCain in the same context like that. It looks like something a kid could do, but not a grown person.

With basic historical knowledge anyone would agree it's not a fair comparison. No matter if you're pro or anti McCain.