"Like a Prayer" S&S Tour Discussion

MadFan

Guest Pud Whacker
Awesome performance and version, this one shits all over that dreadful RIT karaoke mini mouse version. This one is RAW.

MY SUGAR IS RAW!!!!

Guest Johnkm

Definitely my favourite performance of the song, didnt instantly connect with it, but It has really grown on me, one of my favourites now

TRULY MADGESTIC! The song soared, Madonna soared and took the audience with her. It was breathtaking. This may just be my favorite Madonna performance of all time.

Before I saw the show live this week I saw the youtube clips of LAP and was pretty impressed. Now that I have seen this performance in the flesh though, I realize "impressive" is an insult to describe this. Maybe it was the connection with the crowd on these nights (Oct 6th and 7th), her energy....or simply my seats.....or all of the above, I don't know. But I saw not just a kick ass, top notch, performer but an ICON with this number.

When she was at the end of the catwalk and the stage was rising and she would do the head toss thing and kind of pose a bit, I saw "that face".....the Like A Virgin album cover, the True Blue album cover, the famous still from the Vogue video.....all of those images raced through my head at that moment. It's hard to describe without sounding like a complete loon....lol.

I realized when watching LAP that THIS is the reason I love this woman so much. Each and every time I've seen M perform on tour I've been amazed by certain performances but this was at another level for me. This is truly one of the best performances of her career and although I didn't see the BA tour live, I'd be willing to bet that the synergy between M and the audience was equal or greater during the S&S performances as it was when the song was "new".

WORDS ARE USELESS!

The whole song and performance are just one long orgasm. When I saw it live, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing... PURE BRILLIANCE!

• 5 weeks later...

Windy City Times

The highlight of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour is the reworking of Like a Prayer. The 20-year-old chart-topper is mashed up with Meck's Feels Like Home. Meck scored a hit with this track in 2007 on dance radio with Dirty Vegas-like vocals provided by Dino Lenny. But what makes Feels Like Home stand out is the sampling of the beats from Felix's classic Don't You Want Me, which reached the pole position in the club airplay in 1993. This Felix cut is co-produced by Rollo, the mastermind behind Faithless ( Insomnia, God is a DJ, Mass Destruction ) ; Kristine W.'s breakthrough opus Land of the Living; and Dido's catalog. Don't You Want Me has been re-released overseas multiple times and lifts its vocals from Jomanda's Don't You Want My Love. So, Madonna, put this mash-up on your forthcoming single Miles Away. It's great having people buzzing about your music again, instead of your “private” life or whatever headlines that conveniently surface whenever there is an album to sell or a tour to plug.

Guest confessedit

There are no words for how this made me feel....as close as i can come is to say it felt like my soul soared all the way to heaven...it was MAGIC people...EPIC...ICONIC....truly a performance to go down in the books....possibly my favorite Madonna live performance of all time...WOW is all i can say...WOW....KUDOS MADONNA!!!! IT FELT LIKE HOME!!!!

There are no words for how this made me feel....as close as i can come is to say it felt like my soul soared all the way to heaven...it was MAGIC people...EPIC...ICONIC....truly a performance to go down in the books....possibly my favorite Madonna live performance of all time...WOW is all i can say...WOW....KUDOS MADONNA!!!! IT FELT LIKE HOME!!!!

:bow::wow::thumbsup:

Windy City Times

The highlight of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour is the reworking of Like a Prayer. The 20-year-old chart-topper is mashed up with Meck's Feels Like Home. Meck scored a hit with this track in 2007 on dance radio with Dirty Vegas-like vocals provided by Dino Lenny. But what makes Feels Like Home stand out is the sampling of the beats from Felix's classic Don't You Want Me, which reached the pole position in the club airplay in 1993. This Felix cut is co-produced by Rollo, the mastermind behind Faithless ( Insomnia, God is a DJ, Mass Destruction ) ; Kristine W.'s breakthrough opus Land of the Living; and Dido's catalog. Don't You Want Me has been re-released overseas multiple times and lifts its vocals from Jomanda's Don't You Want My Love. So, Madonna, put this mash-up on your forthcoming single Miles Away. It's great having people buzzing about your music again, instead of your “private” life or whatever headlines that conveniently surface whenever there is an album to sell or a tour to plug.

I dunno if this was discussed or answered already but...

When Dino Lenny sings the "... and it feeelss liiike.. and it feeeelllss like hooome..", it sounds like it does fit in so well with Like A Prayer. Is this (Meck's song) as it was being made, inspired by LAP or LAP's "feels like home" part?

Guest dicktracy
One of the best live performances ever.

She should have closed the show with it though... just an idea

She should have closed with Ray of Light. The LAP/ROL combo was definitely the climax. There was no way to top that.

Definitely one of the highlights.

Epic beyond words.

And the mash-up is glorious.