C - A - N - D - Y . . . C - A - N - D - Y ..

Apples388

OK; I could be brief and just say IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING but I won't do just that and I'll tell the whole story.

So I got to the venue around 2:30pm-ish, and there was already a small queue outside the Gold Circle gate. Before joining the queue I spent a fortune on merchandise (T-shirts; tour book and Madonna Confessions). Then I heard her in sound check during "Like a Prayer" and she sounded amazing. Right then it hit me like it always does - "This is it; she's in. I'm going to see her."

Cut to a few hours later and with my friends we went in. It was nice that the roof was up because it was raining but at the same time it created this odd environment of being in a stadium show but not really being in a stadium show. Oakenfold didn't turn up (there was no support). By 8:30pm some of the crowd was getting restless and started booing - this would never happen in London because we all know M runs on gay time and never takes the stage before 9:00pm but what can I say about the Welsh crowd, eh? :bad:

9:00pm. The lights go down and the extended candy intro starts and everyone goes insane. The set is amazing - absolutely the biggest and most stunning stage set I have EVER seen. There was a huge box in the centre of the stage and we all wondered what it would be. No one could have predicted the way it unfolded - it was absolutely breathtaking the way it turned into a myriad of screens. The dancers appeared and then did M on her throne and went straight into "Candy Shop".

More in a bit, I need the loo!

Guest Pud Whacker
OK; I could be brief and just say IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING but I won't do just that and I'll tell the whole story.

So I got to the venue around 2:30pm-ish, and there was already a small queue outside the Gold Circle gate. Before joining the queue I spent a fortune on merchandise (T-shirts; tour book and Madonna Confessions). Then I heard her in sound check during "Like a Prayer" and she sounded amazing. Right then it hit me like it always does - "This is it; she's in. I'm going to see her."

Cut to a few hours later and with my friends we went in. It was nice that the roof was up because it was raining but at the same time it created this odd environment of being in a stadium show but not really being in a stadium show. Oakenfold didn't turn up (there was no support). By 8:30pm some of the crowd was getting restless and started booing - this would never happen in London because we all know M runs on gay time and never takes the stage before 9:00pm but what can I say about the Welsh crowd, eh? :bad:

9:00pm. The lights go down and the extended candy intro starts and everyone goes insane. The set is amazing - absolutely the biggest and most stunning stage set I have EVER seen. There was a huge box in the centre of the stage and we all wondered what it would be. No one could have predicted the way it unfolded - it was absolutely breathtaking the way it turned into a myriad of screens. The dancers appeared and then did M on her throne and went straight into "Candy Shop".

More in a bit, I need the loo!

fantastique!!! MORE MORE MORE!!!

shes everything, isnt she? ADMIT IT NOW!!!! you will NEVER say a bad word about her again or doubt her ever, ISNT THAT SO?

So here we go track by track -

Candy Shop - more or less identical to the promo shows. The proper costume looks marvellous though. The choreography was tighter and her voice was in much better form.

Beat Goes On - simply wonderful. It just kept unfolding more and more as a performance until the car appeared on stage and the 'pimp' in the white suit appeared. It reminded me a little of "Music" Grammys 2008 but much, much better. Overall a very happy and upbeat number.

Human Nature - she strapped on the guitar and the Britney video came on - which I found a bit disappointing to be honest. I'd say it was the "Candy Perfume Girl" of this show - a chance for her to catch her breath.

Vogue - fucking AMAZING. The costume had now been reduced to the bare essentials. She just struck a "Vogue" pose and I knew it. The choreography was just as tight as it was in the Blond Ambition era. By far the best performance of "Vogue" since Blond Ambition and VMA's 1990. I was just stunned by her movements. I've not seen her dance like this since Blond Ambition. I do believe a huge chunk of it was mimed though.

Into the Groove - Keith Haring segment '80s ol' school fucking FABULOUSNESS :wow: the double-dutch and skipping action was a marvel to watch. I kept wincing and was scared she'd miss a step at some point and fall flat on her face, but not our M of course. A big part of this (if not all of it) was mimed too. Fantastic performance.

Heartbeat - bit of a disappointment. I was expecting it to be the "Nobody Knows Me" of the show but it clearly wasn't. Still it was great to see it live.

Borderline - she put on the guitar and sang her little heart out at this one. I thought it was great. Some fans were saying it reminded them of "Burning Up" RIT and that she gave off a vibe of "I don't really want to sing this but I have to" but I didn't see that. She sang it really welll.

She's Not Me - THE BEST THING EVER EVER EVER. Well, kind of. I wasn't too keen on seeing her use the "Music"-style projection of her old images again but it reached a breathtaking climax when the lookalikes in the Madonna costumes up ("Open your Heart"; "Material Girl"; "Express Yourself"/"Vogue" and "Like a Virgin" - curious how none of them were 'recent') and she proceeded to 'burn her own effigy' so to speak until it all climaxed in a demon exorcism/strip-off "Let it Will be"-style spazout frenzy. Fucking amazing and only Madonna could ever do such a performance - remember that queers.

More in a bit..

Guest Pud Whacker
So here we go track by track -

Candy Shop - more or less identical to the promo shows. The proper costume looks marvellous though. The choreography was tighter and her voice was in much better form.

Beat Goes On - simply wonderful. It just kept unfolding more and more as a performance until the car appeared on stage and the 'pimp' in the white suit appeared. It reminded me a little of "Music" Grammys 2008 but much, much better. Overall a very happy and upbeat number.

Human Nature - she strapped on the guitar and the Britney video came on - which I found a bit disappointing to be honest. I'd say it was the "Candy Perfume Girl" of this show - a chance for her to catch her breath.

Vogue - fucking AMAZING. The costume had now been reduced to the bare essentials. She just struck a "Vogue" pose and I knew it. The choreography was just as tight as it was in the Blond Ambition era. By far the best performance of "Vogue" since Blond Ambition and VMA's 1990. I was just stunned by her movements. I've not seen her dance like this since Blond Ambition. I do believe a huge chunk of it was mimed though.

Into the Groove - Keith Haring segment '80s ol' school fucking FABULOUSNESS :wow: the double-dutch and skipping action was a marvel to watch. I kept wincing and was scared she'd miss a step at some point and fall flat on her face, but not our M of course. A big part of this (if not all of it) was mimed too. Fantastic performance.

Heartbeat - bit of a disappointment. I was expecting it to be the "Nobody Knows Me" of the show but it clearly wasn't. Still it was great to see it live.

Borderline - she put on the guitar and sang her little heart out at this one. I thought it was great. Some fans were saying it reminded them of "Burning Up" RIT and that she gave off a vibe of "I don't really want to sing this but I have to" but I didn't see that. She sang it really welll.

She's Not Me - THE BEST THING EVER EVER EVER. Well, kind of. I wasn't too keen on seeing her use the "Music"-style projection of her old images again but it reached a breathtaking climax when the lookalikes in the Madonna costumes up ("Open your Heart"; "Material Girl"; "Express Yourself"/"Vogue" and "Like a Virgin" - curious how none of them were 'recent') and she proceeded to 'burn her own effigy' so to speak until it all climaxed in a demon exorcism/strip-off "Let it Will be"-style spazout frenzy. Fucking amazing and only Madonna could ever do such a performance - remember that queers.

More in a bit..

how many shyts do you have to take?

Music - I actually liked how she threw this one in the middle of the set this time. It flowed pretty well with the rest of the songs and it just reminded me again how she is the only person who can throw songs like "Music", "Vogue" or "Borderline" so casually into the setlist cause she was so many amazing singles. It's just astounding when you think of it!

Devil Wouldn't Recognise You - probably the most dramatic and theatrical moment of the night. She ascended on top of the piano in the black cape and sang it in the cage at the tip of the catwalk. It created a very eerie mood and I think it suited the song very well.

Spanish Lesson - fun, fun, FUN! It was an "I'm Going Bananas" moment - well, maybe not. It was a lot tighter and there wasn't any slap-stick there but definitely a fun performance if nothing more.

Miles Away - "this is for the lover in you," she said before singing it. Identical more or less to the promo shows, but vocally she sounded very emotive which I loved.

La Isla Bonita - by now the gypsy theme of this segment had unfolded fully with the 'band of gypsies' rolling onto the stage with all their bits and pieces. Yes, the performance is identical in arrangement to the Live Earth one but in the context of the show it was just wonderous and so very joyous. Everyone was getting into it and she had by now created this authentic gypsy atmosphere which worked so well.

You Must Love Me - if you thought "Lament" was a chance to show off her pipes, you were mistaken. Because she belted this one out like nobody's business. Probably the best vocal performance I've ever seen her give live and about 100 times better than the studio vocal. She looked very emotional while singing it and the crowd just erupted into a frenzy after the first "You must love me".

4 Minutes - the "Get Stupid" interlude set the tone (it's essentially "Beat Goes On" remix really) and this was identical to the promo shows. This was the only 'look' that I wasn't too keen on it. I didn't like the shoulder pad type things and that wig with the fringe was just bad.

Like a Prayer - THE BEST EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. I had tears in my eyes when she did this. I just can't describe it in words. I honestly can't. One of my top Madonna moments ever.

Ray of Light - Confessions/Live Earth standard performance. But it's such a great song that everyone just gets into it regardless of the performance so it's OK.

Hung Up - yes, it was the rock mix, but no, it was nowhere near as cringeorthy as the promo performances. In fact I thought it worked pretty well. I wasn't keen on the chess stuff in the background though.

Give it 2 Me - fuck off if you think it doesn't work as an encore/closing number because it bloody well did. The version performed was dancier and dare I say more Confessions-stylee than the recorded one but it got everyone going. AMAZING.

So there you go. Of course we all know the bitch never disappoints live. She's THE EVERYTHING.

And please do not compare her to anyone else because, like EVERY TOUR SHE'S DONE, it's incomparable to her peers because she's just so above them it's not even funny. And let's not compare it to other tours just yet either because it's just too fresh.

My next show: Wembley 11 September.

The one after: probably Vienna.

THE QUEEN!

And can I just say this is probably her best setlist.. like.. EVER.. purely because it was just so well balanced between the Hard Candy songs and the older ones that no one could walk out and say she didn't play enough hits or she played too much of the new album (even though she did 9.5/12 of it) - but I also thank her musical director because he really managed to unveil just how timeless her earlier material is and it all flowed so smoothly.

We have to remember that cunts like noted music afficianado EDITH BOWMAN and other wanky journalists just moan about the fact there were no old hits..and these berks who pay top dollar to go and see her and also moan about the "lack of hits"...how many hits did she do ? Shitloads....

We have to remember that cunts like noted music afficianado EDITH BOWMAN and other wanky journalists just moan about the fact there were no old hits..and these berks who pay top dollar to go and see her and also moan about the "lack of hits"...how many hits did she do ? Shitloads....

"Vogue"

"Borderline"

"Music"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Ray of Light"

"Like a Prayer"

"Hung Up"

"Into the Groove"

Are all BONA FIDE Madonna classics. Add to that fan favourite "Human Nature" and that's your non-current-album material taken care of. Plus to the casual fan it doesn't really matter that she does "La Isla" or "Ray of Light" too often - that's something that only us as loons "complain" of really.

So the naysayers just complain for the sake of it. As they ALWAYS do.

Guest Pud Whacker
The one after: probably Vienna.

with pud whacker as your date.

---

listen im so glad you said what you said about give it 2 me, miles away, the rock version of hung up. i was at roseland and it was the most incredible show ive seen. the energy was unbelievable. so when i returned from new york to LA, and saw everyone bashing it, it really soildified how jaded everyone is. its like, how can you even make such a harsh judgement on something youve seen off your computer? THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!!!! nobody in that audience was complaining. its the farcks at home, NOT THERE, munching on chips and a 2 liter that are all, "oh it sucked (munch munch, slurp slurp), she should have done..."

Guest Pud Whacker
"Vogue"

"Borderline"

"Music"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Ray of Light"

"Like a Prayer"

"Hung Up"

"Into the Groove"

Are all BONA FIDE Madonna classics. Add to that fan favourite "Human Nature" and that's your non-current-album material taken care of. Plus to the casual fan it doesn't really matter that she does "La Isla" or "Ray of Light" too often - that's something that only us as loons "complain" of really.

So the naysayers just complain for the sake of it. As they ALWAYS do.

exactly. who is the edith woman and what is her email? she fucked with the wrong LUNATIC. im an old man with too much time on his hands, i will bombard her daily...