"Borderline" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Pud Whacker
i'm sorry if i've disappointed you. i didn't mean to.

scrapple goes and stands in corner wearing a big,pointy hat

:demonic:

nah, i just never knew that. i always thought we were the borderline lovers!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603

I like the new direction the song takes. To be honest, while I've wanted to hear her do it again for so many years, I was wondering how she could get away with the song at 50, because Borderline is such a youthful song, but she does a good job reinventing it.

Guest chatty kathy

I can't wait to see this! Feels like I've been waiting forever.

IMPO would've liked more of the original, and not trying to rock it out.

I can't wait to see this! Feels like I've been waiting forever.

IMPO would've liked more of the original, and not trying to rock it out.

no, the original doesnt work for concerts, she did it in VT and it was BORING, no wonder it was left out of the VHS release

After downloading all the mp3's from this show, this is the one I keep revisiting over and over. I absolutely adore this version of Borderline and I'm still shocked at how "into it" she sounds. Even on the VT she kind of butchered it by only singing half the verses, but this one she even does the "da da's" at the end.....heavenly!! :dramatic: Since this song has been ignored for so long I kind of got the impression Madonna doesn't really care for it too much anymore. SOOOO glad she has decided to revisit this one!!

The beginning riffs of this version for some reason reminds of the beginning riffs of the song (Take Me) I Want You from the Gotham tapes. I'm sure that is in my head only though. :)

• 1 month later...
After downloading all the mp3's from this show, this is the one I keep revisiting over and over. I absolutely adore this version of Borderline and I'm still shocked at how "into it" she sounds. Even on the VT she kind of butchered it by only singing half the verses, but this one she even does the "da da's" at the end.....heavenly!! :dramatic: Since this song has been ignored for so long I kind of got the impression Madonna doesn't really care for it too much anymore. SOOOO glad she has decided to revisit this one!!

The beginning riffs of this version for some reason reminds of the beginning riffs of the song (Take Me) I Want You from the Gotham tapes. I'm sure that is in my head only though. :)

It's funny - to me the beginning riffs sound like the old promo MTV used to use before it would start, they used to show the logo in different cartoon colors really fast!?!? Anyone remember this?

It's funny - to me the beginning riffs sound like the old promo MTV used to use before it would start, they used to show the logo in different cartoon colors really fast!?!? Anyone remember this?

I know those commercials! And yes, I can definitely hear that riff in Borderline.

• 4 weeks later...

WTF seriously Madlover?

HOW??!!!! :scared:

Also...I have stayed away from the setlist of the tour cause I dont see her until next thursday...She sings borderline??? :dramatic::bow: YAY!!!!

Borderline is one of her best

shame its on a guitar but still is an essential song to perfom after 20 years

absolutley.

i was a bit bummed when i heard it was gonna be played, after all these years, on the guitar. but im sure it sounds great LIVE!

Borderline is one of her best

shame its on a guitar but still is an essential song to perfom after 20 years

I agree it's one of her best and definitely long due.

I avoided spoilers so I was shocked when she started singing it. The guitar thing was a let down though. I was hoping she would do something more elaborate.