"Borderline" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Pud Whacker

its EVERYTHING. BETTER THAN THE VIRGIN TOUR ONE. on the virgin one, she just walked. i cant wait to see it LIVE.

i'm so excited for this!

i don't care what anyone else thinks...i love her with a guitar.

Guest Pud Whacker
i'm so excited for this!

i don't care what anyone else thinks...i love her with a guitar.

ME TOO BABE. we get it all. her, the voice, dancing, guitar, visuals, she covers it all.

The original is hardly "slow"- it probably was the slowest song on the debut, though.

Like said, just glad she didn't do a slow folk version or anything like that. For a slow version, see Rob Thomas, Jody Watley, Duffy and some other countrified cover.

So much soul in her voice! She sings like she means it. :)

I am so excited!

YES!! That's one of the only things I was worried about is that she would kind of sing it just to get through it, like she did (IMO) on some of her oldies on the RIT (see EY). But she sounds like she just wrote the song yesterday and is FEELIN it!! LOVE IT! Who woulda though Borderline would work so well as a rock track??

HG you LOVE you some Borderline huh? :lol:

Cute! Love how you called it that "old chestnut" in another thread. :)

ok now im loving Borderline because her voice is so great LOL

i think she sounds great for this one... surprised that she can still sing like that nowadays! tk god she is not controlling her voice much for this tour

I think my screams were listened in Mars. One of the highlights of the concerts, and something totally unexpected - being spoiler-free has its advantages :D

Guest Little Red

Granted it's not in my top of M songs anyway but I kept thinking that it was basically like Burning Up from RIT, down to the kneeling down next to Monte; rocking an oldie on the guitar. Left a bit of a stale taste that song.

Watching the youtube clip also makes it evident how bad the sound was down on the floor. it sounds a million times better in that video. LOL.

Guest Pud Whacker
:thumbsup: THANKS HG - I can only imagine the amount of "sing-a-long" (from the audience) that goes on with this song, it's probably deafening!

:dramatic:

ive never been a fan of borderline but over the past few years i've grown to like it again so i'm thrilled that she has pulled this one out of files and is performing it. she sounds great, looks great, and is obviously enjoying herself which is only going to make it even better. cant wait to see this performed live again. 23 years is a long time!

Guest Pud Whacker
ive never been a fan of borderline but over the past few years i've grown to like it again so i'm thrilled that she has pulled this one out of files and is performing it. she sounds great, looks great, and is obviously enjoying herself which is only going to make it even better. cant wait to see this performed live again. 23 years is a long time!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

i know,me bad. i did like it when it first came out (especially the video) but i think i played it so much that i just couldnt listen to it anymore. i mean i was playing it 20,30,40 times a day in the beginning. it's just taken some time for me to be able to listen to it again. thankfully it's being performed live again so i'll have a whole new appreciation for the song.

Guest Pud Whacker
i know,me bad. i did like it when it first came out (especially the video) but i think i played it so much that i just couldnt listen to it anymore. i mean i was playing it 20,30,40 times a day in the beginning. it's just taken some time for me to be able to listen to it again. thankfully it's being performed live again so i'll have a whole new appreciation for the song.

OH SCRAPPY. i must readjust my brain cells.

OH SCRAPPY. i must readjust my brain cells.

i'm sorry if i've disappointed you. i didn't mean to.

scrapple goes and stands in corner wearing a big,pointy hat