"Vogue" S&S Tour Discussion

Yummy

such an awesome performance, up there with the BAT version thats for sure

The female dancers costumes with those wigs and then mixing it up with the male dancers....plus the line up at the end are totally effin amazing elements.

I can't stop watching this one. I don't particularly care for what I've seen of "Human Nature" and a few others, but "Vogue" is a monster. I love when she does that "mad monkey" choreography! In fact, I'd wager that this performance of the song is probably the best at fusing together the old version of the dance with a more modern street style.

This alone will be worth the price of my ticket. :)

It's like she keeps topping her previous performances of Vogue.. this one is just fenomenal!! Definately one of the highlight from what I've seen so far. The fact that she sings it live, while dancing that amazing choreography shows that Madonna can do anything!! I love love love this performance!

OMG I would dare to say this is probably one of the best Vogue performances I've ever seen. Damn I can't wait to see this live!!!!!!!

OMG to feel that bass....LIVE! :dramatic:

Guest confessedit

awesome performance from a true legend.....love love love this new breath of life into a classic song...and SHE LOOKS HOTTER THAN HELL

that midsection where the TICK TOCKS are is fucking brilliant,. :dramatic:

this performance is the definition to Brilliant.

from the sexy pink-purpleish lighting to the tick tocks.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

From what I am seeing this looks to be one of the better performances in the show and possibly one of her best versions of "Vogue".

BUT, I have to say, the first thing that came to mind after watching it was this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXE1u6Ecano

I hate making comparisons like this but this just really stood out for me as I found that to be one of the cool segments of KM's show (minus her fright wig). The similarities to the faux-flesh exposing female dancer costumes and short black wigs, the male dancers wearing masks and bare-chested with black pants, what looks like a circle of lights surrounding KM in the backing video and the mannequins in the back like the circle of lights surrounding M, and of course KM actually singing the Vogue rap connects it back to M. Even KM's outfit in the backing video with the little black dress and necklaces is reminiscent of one of M's current outfits from the Hard Candy era.

Now again, this is not to start some flame war about who is better and which performance is better; that's irrelevant. And I am not accusing anyone of ripping off anyone else, I was merely noting the striking similarities between the performances and am just curious as to how that came to be.

Personally I am very much looking forward to seeing M's performance after these clips especially since so much takes place on the end stage which I am hoping I will be very close to.

From what I am seeing this looks to be one of the better performances in the show and possibly one of her best versions of "Vogue".

BUT, I have to say, the first thing that came to mind after watching it was this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXE1u6Ecano

I hate making comparisons like this but this just really stood out for me as I found that to be one of the cool segments of KM's show (minus her fright wig). The similarities to the faux-flesh exposing female dancer costumes and short black wigs, the male dancers wearing masks and bare-chested with black pants, what looks like a circle of lights surrounding KM in the backing video and the mannequins in the back like the circle of lights surrounding M, and of course KM actually singing the Vogue rap connects it back to M. Even KM's outfit in the backing video with the little black dress and necklaces is reminiscent of one of M's current outfits from the Hard Candy era.

Now again, this is not to start some flame war about who is better and which performance is better; that's irrelevant. And I am not accusing anyone of ripping off anyone else, I was merely noting the striking similarities between the performances and am just curious as to how that came to be.

Personally I am very much looking forward to seeing M's performance after these clips especially since so much takes place on the end stage which I am hoping I will be very close to.

You do have a point. Some of the choreography is even similar. Of course Madonna does it better though. Kylie's performance is also reminiscent of "Vogue" from the Girlie Show.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
You do have a point. Some of the choreography is even similar. Of course Madonna does it better though. Kylie's performance is also reminiscent of "Vogue" from the Girlie Show.

Since it is her song, M should do it better. :lol:

Since Jamie Queen is behind all this again, I wouldn't be surprised. He probably got the Kylie DVD.