Sticky and Sweet YouTube thread

Guest nothingfails0603

you know whats funny, ive recently read Keith's "Journals" and he only mentions Madonna one time, and it's only about her being at an event. there are quite a few people throughout it (Grace Jones, Andy Warhol.... etc) who he talks about over and over, very personally and in great detail. I honestly dont think Madonna & Keith were extremely close friends. i think it was more of an acquaintance/party scene/professional type situation.

just an observation i made, not directed at you personally. your comment just reminded me.

Well she got choked up and cried during Truth or Dare for him..I think they were close

I've always understood Pud Whacker was in his 50's. And I sort of imagined him to have a pot belly and a beard. It wasn't really due to his posts, but I think someone had said it in jest and I believed it. I was surprised when I saw his picture, and he was so trim and obviously not 50 or with a beard.

yeah he is not THAT old.. unlike Madonna... :chuckle:

Guest Pud Whacker
you know whats funny, ive recently read Keith's "Journals" and he only mentions Madonna one time, and it's only about her being at an event. there are quite a few people throughout it (Grace Jones, Andy Warhol.... etc) who he talks about over and over, very personally and in great detail. I honestly dont think Madonna & Keith were extremely close friends. i think it was more of an acquaintance/party scene/professional type situation.

just an observation i made, not directed at you personally. your comment just reminded me.

sure anytime. i welcome all that. try picking up keith haring, the authorized biography. or even the warhol diaries. their friendship is discussed in detail in both. she even lived with keith for a short period of time. :thumbsup:

keith haring was an international art star. he wasnt JUST an underground american artist. his art is sold all over the world.

Kylie's Fever tour had his work (or something slimilar looking?) on her Fever tour during her 80's old school segment. You can do Keith Haring, or flash photos of the cast of The Facts of Life.

exactly

she just doesnt need to stand there pretending to play it

she can rock and let the others play for her.. its much much muuuuch better

I feel, in her shows, she does 100% what she is physically able to. The older she gets the more she will have to space out the dancing. It's still a lot more than most are willing or able to do.

I feel, in her shows, she does 100% what she is physically able to. The older she gets the more she will have to space out the dancing. It's still a lot more than most are willing or able to do.

yep that is true

its very obvious why each time there is more and more guitar playing

the dancing is getting difficult to carry on for 20+ songs almost every night

Guest Pud Whacker
exactly

she just doesnt need to stand there pretending to play it

she can rock and let the others play for her.. its much much muuuuch better

shes not pretending to play it and if thats what she feels like doing, its her prerogative. it maybe much much muuuuuuuch better for you but i thoroughly enjoy her playing. in fact, i love it. this version of borderline blows the virgin tour version in the dust. i dont think she fancies herself the greatest guitar player in the world but who cares? for me, she connects more to her music while shes playing with the band. for CT, ray of light and i love new york were absolute highlights for me. dwt's la isla is absolutely one of my favorite madonna live moments ever.

shes got one life, she should be able to do it all. not be pigeonholed.

early reports for sticky and sweet had her on piano for one number. i could imagine the plethora of complaints had that happened. :dramatic:

i would have loved it. one of my favorite performances by her is david letterman 2000, dont tell me. just so raw and gorgeous.

Guest Pud Whacker
Kylie's Fever tour had his work (or something slimilar looking?) on her Fever tour during her 80's old school segment. You can do Keith Haring, or flash photos of the cast of The Facts of Life.

:rotfl:

sometimes i think people would prefer that because they KNOW it!!!! :thumbsdown::demonic:

shes not pretending to play it and if thats what she feels like doing, its her prerogative. it maybe much much muuuuuuuch better for you but i thoroughly enjoy her playing. in fact, i love it. this version of borderline blows the virgin tour version in the dust. i dont think she fancies herself the greatest guitar player in the world but who cares? for me, she connects more to her music while shes playing with the band. for CT, ray of light and i love new york were absolute highlights for me. dwt's la isla is absolutely one of my favorite madonna live moments ever.

shes got one life, she should be able to do it all. not be pigeonholed.

early reports for sticky and sweet had her on piano for one number. i could imagine the plethora of complaints had that happened. :dramatic:

i would have loved it. one of my favorite performances by her is david letterman 2000, dont tell me. just so raw and gorgeous.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl2mDSPlA-c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl2mDSPlA-c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl2mDSPlA-c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yeah back that time it was new and cute

now it is an overdose

i really wanted her to play a piano because just like it was on Letterman it would be something new and inovative for her. but surely wont be as cool if she does it for the next 10 years for 5 songs in each of her future tours :confused:

get it?

sure anytime. i welcome all that. try picking up keith haring, the authorized biography. or even the warhol diaries. their friendship is discussed in detail in both. she even lived with keith for a short period of time. :thumbsup:

ive read the Warhol diaries. Andy talks about Madonna & Keith separately, but never about their personal "friendship" (or lack thereof). i dont know, i just find it extremely odd Keith never mentions anything about her in his journal (yet he talks about things like taking ecstasy and then sleeping in the same bed as Grace Jones). in my opionion, she was (obviously) closer to someone like Basquiat than Haring.

anyway.... i digress from the intended topic of this thread.

Guest waiting

Oh you bet, I'll be the first to complain if that had happened. Anyone who has played the piano knows that amount of dedication and years it takes to get down. Such a joke that someone with no prior experience would be able to play decent tune on the thing in few months. Then again it depends on your expectations, the only thing she could really pull off would be mary had a little lamb or some shit like that. What would be the point? She'll only embarrass herself.

Guest Pud Whacker
Oh you bet, I'll be the first to complain if that had happened. Anyone who has played the piano knows that amount of dedication and years it takes to get down. Such a joke that someone with no prior experience would be able to play decent tune on the thing in few months. Then again it depends on your expectations, the only thing she could really pull off would be mary had a little lamb or some shit like that. What would be the point? She'll only embarrass herself.

if madonna let 'being perfect' or 'years of dedication' stop her, she wouldnt be ANYWHERE let alone where she is today. thank god she doesnt suffer from others insecurities.

Guest Pud Whacker
ive read the Warhol diaries. Andy talks about Madonna & Keith separately, but never about their personal "friendship" (or lack thereof). i dont know, i just find it extremely odd Keith never mentions anything about her in his journal (yet he talks about things like taking ecstasy and then sleeping in the same bed as Grace Jones). in my opionion, she was (obviously) closer to someone like Basquiat than Haring.

anyway.... i digress from the intended topic of this thread.

do you recall the mention of her sleeping on his couch for a few months? i cant be bothered scanning that shyt,i have the first edition where there is no index. :thumbsdown:

Guest Pud Whacker

now it is an overdose

i really wanted her to play a piano because just like it was on Letterman it would be something new and inovative for her. but surely wont be as cool if she does it for the next 10 years for 5 songs in each of her future tours :confused:

get it?

for you. so maybe its not time for her to stop playing guitar. maybe its time for you step off the train. she doesnt entertain you anymore.

get that?

for you. so maybe its not time for her to stop playing guitar. maybe its time for you step off the train. she doesnt entertain you anymore.

get that?

of course she does entertain me!! :blink:

are you nuts?? :manson:

i love most of what she is doing. my only complain is about the overdose guitar but as someone said here its her way to take a breath.. sad she had to sacrifice HN for that

do you recall the mention of her sleeping on his couch for a few months? i cant be bothered scanning that shyt,i have the first edition where there is no index. :thumbsdown:

from Andy? no. and i just read it over the past month (and paid special attention to any Madonna reference). Andy doesn't start mentioning her until after she "makes it" (early 84 or so.. i think he sees her at a Palladium party). did she have to stay with Keith after she had record money coming in?

i have the indexed version, but it isnt with me right now.

Heartbeat again

UH get down UH UH get down! :lol:

At the begining of the clip you see a guy with a mini mohawk i was standing right behind him!! Fuck i forgot the breakdown at the end of heartbeat

Guest Pud Whacker
from Andy? no. and i just read it over the past month (and paid special attention to any Madonna reference). Andy doesn't start mentioning her until after she "makes it" (early 84 or so.. i think he sees her at a Palladium party). did she have to stay with Keith after she had record money coming in?

i have the indexed version, but it isnt with me right now.

yeah, dont forget, she really didnt have any real money until about mid 84. i think she was staying with keith in 83.

Guest Pud Whacker
At the begining of the clip you see a guy with a mini mohawk i was standing right behind him!! Fuck i forgot the breakdown at the end of heartbeat

oh, thats so cool!!! :thumbsup: you were close!!! how was your experience??????????????

Guest Pud Whacker
of course she does entertain me!! :blink:

are you nuts?? :manson:

i love most of what she is doing. my only complain is about the overdose guitar but as someone said here its her way to take a breath.. sad she had to sacrifice HN for that

yes.

i would hardly call a few songs on guitar an overdose but to each their own.

oh, thats so cool!!! :thumbsup: you were close!!! how was your experience??????????????

Fucking amazing, it was sheer luck that we got where we were, so much went on at the end of the catwalk, that our view was brilliant. Nothing will beat when she was singing Give It 2 Me and was right in front of me and put her mike out and i looked right into her eyes!!!! :dramatic:

My BF recorded it on hiw phone so will try and upload, there is some other cool clips

now it is an overdose

get it?

LOL. Playing an instrument is not like an outfit, or accesory, or new dance step, which you can show a new one every tour and keep people interested. The fact that she keeps playing the guitar just proves that it is not a fashion thing, but something she wants to keep doing in the long run.

Guest Pud Whacker
Fucking amazing, it was sheer luck that we got where we were, so much went on at the end of the catwalk, that our view was brilliant. Nothing will beat when she was singing Give It 2 Me and was right in front of me and put her mike out and i looked right into her eyes!!!! :dramatic:

My BF recorded it on hiw phone so will try and upload, there is some other cool clips

oh, thats so great!!! those are the moments!!!! when youre that close there is nothing like that. i bet you have no complaints!!!

LOL. Playing an instrument is not like an outfit, or accesory, or new dance step, which you can show a new one every tour and keep people interested. The fact that she keeps playing the guitar just proves that it is not a fashion thing, but something she wants to keep doing in the long run.

her entire carrer was made by fashion things

to never repeat herself used to be her mantra :thumbsdown: LOL

anyway let me watch some ITG, VOGUE, SHE IS NOT ME :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
her entire carrer was made by fashion things

to never repeat herself used to be her mantra :thumbsdown: LOL

anyway let me watch some ITG, VOGUE, SHE IS NOT ME :thumbsup:

used to bes dont count anymore, they just lay on the floor until we sweep them away.

listen to me. why would you hold someone to something they said years ago? do you do EVERYTHING you said years ago, let alone one day ago. her other mantra is CHANGE. times change. god, it would horrible if any of us had to live up to things we have said in the past and werent able to spread our wings and do as we wish today.

:scared: